SELECT CONTENT

Joe Amabile & Kendall Long - Bachelorette 15 - DWTS - Discussion

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTSFinale - Joe Amabile & Kendall Long - Bachelorette 15 - DWTS - Discussion  - Page 12 Empty Re: Joe Amabile & Kendall Long - Bachelorette 15 - DWTS - Discussion

Post by notarose Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:15 pm

Something that intrigued me during Kendall’s HTD on Bach was what her sister Kylie said about Kendall never having had a deep connection in a romantic relationship but that Kylie felt Kendall was ready.
Just for fun I found this article and this quote:
“Adult twins are eager to find new partners to build their lives with. Unfortunately, they do not have as much emotional experience with non-twins – singletons – as they need in order to separate without the risk of traumatic consequences. Lack of lived experience leaves twins at a disadvantage because they have too many expectations for deep understandings that are verbal and non-verbal. Still to this day I often imagine and wish that the other person could read my mind or finish my sentence.”
http://www.estrangedtwins.com/finding-partners-adult-twin-relationships/
There are exceptions to everything however based on that Kylie/Kendall convo, the quote might apply to what Kylie was saying.

I think the identical twin dynamic is fascinating.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

DWTSFinale - Joe Amabile & Kendall Long - Bachelorette 15 - DWTS - Discussion  - Page 12 Empty Re: Joe Amabile & Kendall Long - Bachelorette 15 - DWTS - Discussion

Post by Maddy Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:39 pm

DWTSFinale - Joe Amabile & Kendall Long - Bachelorette 15 - DWTS - Discussion  - Page 12 Dr7MjwxV4AAG2GT
Kendall Long @KendallPatrice
So proud of @AmabileJoe for dancing the night away on DWTS!! Thank you @Dance10Jenna for bringing out Joe’s confident, dancing side! Thanks to you, Joe now has some killer moves @DancingABC pic.twitter.com/pW7CpMsm8r
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by wandb Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:47 pm

notarose wrote:Something that intrigued me during Kendall’s HTD on Bach was what her sister Kylie said about Kendall never having had a deep connection in a romantic relationship but that Kylie felt Kendall was ready.
“Adult twins are eager to find new partners to build their lives with. Unfortunately, they do not have as much emotional experience with non-twins – singletons – as they need in order to separate without the risk of traumatic consequences. Lack of lived experience leaves twins at a disadvantage because they have too many expectations for deep understandings that are verbal and non-verbal. Still to this day I often imagine and wish that the other person could read my mind or finish my sentence.”
There are exceptions to everything however based on that Kylie/Kendall convo, the quote might apply to what Kylie was saying.

I'm an identical twin, and the only thing about relationships that was difficult is making sure my boyfriends got along with my sister and understood we were close. Her blessing on my boyfriend was critical and a deal-breaker if she didn't approve. But I never felt like it was traumatic or that I lacked experience with non-twins. I had plenty of non-twins in my life- in fact most people were non-twins.

I would, however, place a lot of stock in Kylie's assessment of her sister. Much more so than other siblings or her parents. I can absolutely read my sister. I know pretty much what she's thinking and how she's feeling just by looking at her.

wandb

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:57 pm

wandb wrote:
notarose wrote:Something that intrigued me during Kendall’s HTD on Bach was what her sister Kylie said about Kendall never having had a deep connection in a romantic relationship but that Kylie felt Kendall was ready.

I'm an identical twin, and the only thing about relationships that was difficult is making sure my boyfriends got along with my sister and understood we were close. Her blessing on my boyfriend was critical and a deal-breaker if she didn't approve. But I never felt like it was traumatic or that I lacked experience with non-twins. I had plenty of non-twins in my life- in fact most people were non-twins.

I would, however, place a lot of stock in Kylie's assessment of her sister. Much more so than other siblings or her parents. I can absolutely read my sister. I know pretty much what she's thinking and how she's feeling just by looking at her.

yes great to hear an identical twin’s real life perspective.
The thing about the quote that most interested me was the author saying she (a twin) felt a yearning to be understood by her partner comparable to how she and her twin understood each other because it was the kind of bond she had grown up with and valued. Would you say that part rings true?

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by wandb Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:20 pm

yes  great to hear an identical twin’s real life perspective.
The thing about the quote that most interested me was the author saying she (a twin) felt a yearning to be understood by her partner comparable to how she and her twin understood each other because it was the kind of bond she had grown up with and valued. Would you say that part rings true? [/quote]

Not really. I didn't expect other relationships to be like the one I have with my sister. But it certainly affects how I feel about family. Like I said, a boyfriend understanding that we will always be close (closer than most) was critical.

wandb

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaynab Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:59 am

Joe is going on the DWTS Live tour, if you check their insta (dwtslivetour) it shows you which shows the stars will be at and joe will be at 25 shows and they are doing 60+ shows, his first show isn’t until January 8th and his last show being on February 5th, so He has some time off. I am sure he is happy for this time off to spend with family and Kendall. IMO, I am so happy for him and you can see from Kendall’s IG story he wasn’t expecting to be asked or even go on tour. it’s funny to me that these things keep coming to him and even though he’s nervous about it he doesn’t back down, he tries his hardest while laughing and having fun with it and is so grateful, IMO.

Zaynab

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:41 pm

Zaynab wrote:Joe is going on the DWTS Live tour, if you check their insta (dwtslivetour) it shows you which shows the stars will be at and joe will be at 25 shows and they are doing 60+ shows, his first show isn’t until January 8th and his last show being on February 5th, so He has some time off. I am sure he is happy for this time off to spend with family and Kendall. IMO, I am so happy for him and you can see from Kendall’s IG story he wasn’t expecting to be asked or even go on tour. it’s funny to me that these things keep coming to him and even though he’s nervous about it he doesn’t back down, he tries his hardest while laughing and having fun with it and is so grateful, IMO.

Who says nice guys finish last?

It seems that people like and respond to him no matter where he goes. That is why he is getting opportunities that no other one night reject has ever gotten.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:07 pm

He’s getting opportunities that even past leads have never gotten! giggling Go Joe!!
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:46 pm

Minney wrote:He’s getting opportunities that even past leads have never gotten! giggling Go Joe!!

I listened to a recent Joe interview. Prior I had no idea he worked as a stock trader for 10 years - high pressure albeit upper income job - and that the small grocery store was just a short lived venture with a friend that came about because Joe was then working in produce marketing for supermarkets. His history is high power corporate so not at all your average Joe. giggling
IMO he is now embracing a fun stage of life. I think he will draw more people to the tour shows which is great for business and a great adventure for him #win-win.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Evidently the producers of the DWTS show could not get 1 or 2 of the stars to commit to the whole tour so they are pulling in as many as they can so there will be at least 1 star at each tour date.

From people that have gone to past shows, the stars quite often only do 1 or 2 dances. They tend to be the emcee for the show, even those in the past that were good dancers. So I can totally see Joe as being the emcee and not actually dancing... maybe being the pole that some of the girls dance around cantstopl

And, on their announcements for each star, they highlight the dates that Joe and Bobby are going to be together... comedy routine time??? Other stars overlap with Joe but they don't mention them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:35 pm

havadrpepper wrote:Evidently the producers of the DWTS show could not get 1 or 2 of the stars to commit to the whole tour so they are pulling in as many as they can so there will be at least 1 star at each tour date.

From people that have gone to past shows, the stars quite often only do 1 or 2 dances. They tend to be the emcee for the show, even those in the past that were good dancers.  So I can totally see Joe as being the emcee and not actually dancing... maybe being the pole that some of the girls dance around cantstopl

And, on their announcements for each star, they highlight the dates that Joe and Bobby are going to be together... comedy routine time???  Other stars overlap with Joe but they don't mention them.

That is interesting. So now he can learn to host...yet another new way to open doors to new opportunities! Man has it going on!!!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:36 pm

Good for Joe! This will probably be fun after the stress of being judged plus the money.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Joe Amabile & Kendall Long - Bachelorette 15 - DWTS - Discussion

+46
Mustang19
mtnlvr55
HavaDrPepper
bluwavz
FMG2015