SELECT CONTENT

Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fullsend - Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 29 Empty Re: Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Just Looking Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:48 am

@Sprite Ditto

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

fullsend - Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 29 Empty Re: Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Billysmom Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:06 pm

Sprite wrote:
Astrobach wrote:Thanks Kasha. So you’ve seen this kind of situation in past contestant.? I have not followed or used SM in all the past seasons that I watched, so it’s still a little new for me, to incorporate into the mix. Quite a change from Joe the Millionnaire days! Hahaha laugh out loud

Sadly this is typical. Every year. If the edited favourite isn't picked by the lead, there are always those who attack the winner or the new couple. People get too invested or there are those that just like to troll and cause havoc.

Personally, I have never understood the mentality that I...a stranger who doesn't know either of these people and was not there for the filming...know what/who is best for anyone. Sometimes I can barely figure out what is best for me!

I think what sometimes comes into play is a sincere concern to protect the lead from things we viewers/fans think s/he may not be privy to, things we hear in itm's and things said on sm during filming.
If we felt there was full disclosure for the lead, including access to family/friends and the internet, fans might not be so ferocious in trying to push one contestant over another, jmo. (Ex. Stuff we heard about Ed's antics in chicago during Jilly's season...) I think fans don't really trust "the process...." IMHO. [Well, at least I don't, laugh out loud. If I were ever a contestant I'd be such a twitch, between my natural skepticism about guys' sincerity (a lingering product of my dad's infidelities) commingling with my ability to fall into infatuation easily (likewise a product of insecurity fed by dad's infidelities)..... ]. Re becca in particular...some feared her good kind heart might make her especially vulnerable, so I think the antennae were raised high to pick up any signals that her potential choice was less than stellar. But her sister's recent IG quote was a perfect resolution to that dilemma...none of us is magnificent in all areas, we are all works-in-progress. I need to paste that one on my fridge...
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:14 pm

A nut by any other name is still a nut. I always think of Rebecca Schaefer, John Lennon and countless of others whose fans crossed lines.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:56 pm

Billysmom wrote:
Sprite wrote:
Astrobach wrote:Thanks Kasha. So you’ve seen this kind of situation in past contestant.? I have not followed or used SM in all the past seasons that I watched, so it’s still a little new for me, to incorporate into the mix. Quite a change from Joe the Millionnaire days! Hahaha laugh out loud

Sadly this is typical. Every year. If the edited favourite isn't picked by the lead, there are always those who attack the winner or the new couple. People get too invested or there are those that just like to troll and cause havoc.

Personally, I have never understood the mentality that I...a stranger who doesn't know either of these people and was not there for the filming...know what/who is best for anyone. Sometimes I can barely figure out what is best for me!

I think what sometimes comes into play is a sincere concern to protect the lead from things we viewers/fans think s/he may not be privy to, things we hear in itm's and things said on sm during filming.  
If we felt there was full disclosure for the lead, including access to family/friends and the internet, fans might not be so ferocious in trying to push one contestant over another, jmo. (Ex. Stuff we heard about Ed's antics in chicago during Jilly's season...) I think fans don't really trust "the process...."  IMHO. [Well, at least I don't, laugh out loud. If I were ever a contestant I'd be such a twitch, between my natural skepticism about guys' sincerity (a lingering product of my dad's infidelities) commingling with my ability to fall into infatuation easily (likewise a product of insecurity fed by dad's infidelities).....  ].  Re becca in particular...some feared her good kind heart might make her especially vulnerable, so I think the antennae were raised high to pick up any signals that her potential choice was less than stellar. But her sister's recent IG quote was a perfect resolution to that dilemma...none of us is magnificent in all areas, we are all works-in-progress. I need to paste that one on my fridge...

I would agree with you @Billysmom if it were not for the fact that fans of other types of reality shows … say American Idol where the audience votes … throw the same kind of fits. Perhaps not to the same degree or as many as BN, but still I have seen it for those types of shows as well. There is nothing to protect there. Nobody to worry about misleading the contestants for the wrong reasons. Same happens to actors, singers, sports figures, etc. People get all bent out of shape for things that are frankly not only ludicrous, but none of their damn business. Now, I do realise that I am here commenting on that stuff, but this is a discussion forum where I can logically discuss and express my view point. I sure as hell don't go looking for these people other than what I see here or perhaps spot on a magazine cover while waiting at the check out. Once I shut off my computer, I pretty much could care less.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:42 pm

Amen

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

+66
Just Looking
CHO
Minney
XQZME
harts05