SELECT CONTENT

Mia Bally & Tristan Thompson - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mia Bally & Tristan Thompson - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Mia Bally & Tristan Thompson - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Ruqibabe Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:14 pm

The mug shot was taken right before the honeymoon. The 'source' said the records were hard to find or maybe sealed. She had to go through 4 agencies..

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Mia Bally & Tristan Thompson - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Mia Bally & Tristan Thompson - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by crazychicken Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:15 pm

nuts2uiam wrote:
Ruqibabe wrote:But she wasnt arrested so nothing would have showed up... [/quote

IF she had a mug shot taken then she was printed too.

The mugshot was taken in Texas after she was detained at the airport so there was not a mugshot until she was supposed to be on her honeymoon.

crazychicken

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:18 am

I stand corrected on the timing of the mug shot. That said, if she were accused of stalking and the police were involved, there is a very good chance that a photo was provided to the police, if they did not take one themselves. If the boyfriend filed a no contact order through the courts there most certainly is an open file and her photo is part of that. Now of course, I am not an attorney and the laws vary by state. I worked in NY with a person, who'd been harassed by her ex and a restraining order had to be obtained and that included his picture.

If, she was on a list that prevented her from moving freely at the airport, you had better believe there is a photo and formal charges. They just don't stop people from boarding a plane for a parking ticket.

Years ago people got away with stuff like this, not in this day and age of domestic violence, the police and the courts have little tolerance for this kind of thing.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:32 am

nuts2uiam wrote:I stand corrected on the timing of the mug shot.  That said, if she were accused of stalking and the police were involved, there is a very good chance that a photo was provided to the police, if they did not take one themselves.  If the boyfriend filed a no contact order through the courts there most certainly is an open file and her photo is part of that.  Now of course, I am not an attorney and the laws vary by state.  I worked in NY with a person, who'd been harassed by her ex and a restraining order had to be obtained and that included his picture.

If, she was on a list that prevented her from moving freely at the airport, you had better believe there is a photo and formal charges.  They just don't stop people from boarding a plane for a parking ticket.

Years ago people got away with stuff like this, not in this day and age of domestic violence, the police and the courts have little tolerance for this kind of thing.

She was stopped by customs and not just TSA. One needs to be leaving the country to be flagged. Database differs.. just saying

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:06 am

Apparently according to the article I read, she made a purchase on Amazon using his account and it was over $1000.  As a result of that act, he again contacted the Monroe police, and said that there were numerous unwanted contacts and the police acted and swore out a felony arrest warrant and that is why she was detained.  The airports TSA, Customs, etc. all get notified of warrants.  Plus, she is an international airline recruiter, and may be subject to more strict guidelines in terms of reportability, depending upon the nature of her job.

Regardless of the timing, this still puts a further tarnish on this trainwreck and the producers and experts.  It will indeed be interesting to see how they plan to explain this  one away.  I will bet they said, the ex had not sworn out a no contact until after the show was in production and therefore they did all they could to check out her reputation.  In the future, I would think they should attempt a more thorough background check.  I doubt serious that no-one knew she was a stalker.

Last edited by nuts2uiam on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:41 am

I still don't understand how this hasn't been given more attention in the media. Maybe after this upcoming episode? If Tristan didn't know all the details before -- he has to know by now. That has to be a major blow. I don't understand why someone would go on reality tv knowing that you have these legal issues -- do people honestly think that won't be found out?
I know they are in the casting process for Season 8 in Philly right now -- do you think that they will go ahead with doing that season if they get negative press about this?
I find it interesting that the other couples seem to hardly have any info or discussion on them so far -- in the light of all this, it's probably a good thing.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:24 am

I think the reason we probably wont find Tristan bad mouthing her is that he decided to continue the process. that would be my guess... if the case were reversed, we would have seen the bride's family and friends badmouthing the guy. Remember David and his wife, women are rarely forgiving... we shall see how it plays out though. I am not willing to write her off yet. What if the alleged boyfriend set her up? Or Maybe this is a learning process for her.
I also think Tristan is getting a foot in the mouth edit so he would get hero edit in the future. Dr Pepper allegedly said that this season was their best season yer. Fingerscrossed..

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:10 am

Background checks are tricky -- USA doesn't have universal databases one can just run searches in; investigators have to check individual counties, etc. And with the timing, maybe this should have been caught, maybe not.

BUT... it reinforces my long expressed view that the psychological screening and matching are a farce on this show. They match people of similar ages and race compatibility per preference AND who are willing to sign the contract (smaller group than the thousands!) and say "this couple will work because they both go to prayer groups or bible study and like family." (Aside, if THAT was true, there would not be a case for this show, LOL.) And you genuinely have the impression there is not much more under the hood than that.  

I know they are doing psych profiling and interviews, etc. beyond just finding willing participants, but the "PROCESS" whatever it is pretty useless if it can't screen for people with the unhealthy behaviors evidenced in the police report about stalking and unauthorized use of account, etc.  How can you trust the fundamental matching PROCESS if they didn't pick up on these traits (not the specific events) in the psych evaluation.  With marriage/divorce on the line?  It shows that people can lie or fool the "EXPERTS" (ha), or the casting people don't care.

You'd have to have a screw loose to put your life and reputation into the hands of this franchise. "There's a less than one in three chance we didn't COMPLETELY mess this up on an utterly obvious problem with the match, so come on in!"  EVERY season there are two and often three hopeless matches, when you look at the psychological traits.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:50 am

jlccaz wrote:Background checks are tricky -- USA doesn't have universal databases one can just run searches in; investigators have to check individual counties, etc. And with the timing, maybe this should have been caught, maybe not.

BUT... it reinforces my long expressed view that the psychological screening and matching are a farce on this show. They match people of similar ages and race compatibility per preference AND who are willing to sign the contract (smaller group than the thousands!) and say "this couple will work because they both go to prayer groups or bible study and like family." (Aside, if THAT was true, there would not be a case for this show, LOL.) And you genuinely have the impression there is not much more under the hood than that.  

I know they are doing psych profiling and interviews, etc. beyond just finding willing participants, but the "PROCESS" whatever it is pretty useless if it can't screen for people with the unhealthy behaviors evidenced in the police report about stalking and unauthorized use of account, etc.  How can you trust the fundamental matching PROCESS if they didn't pick up on these traits (not the specific events) in the psych evaluation.  With marriage/divorce on the line?  It shows that people can lie or fool the "EXPERTS" (ha), or the casting people don't care.

You'd have to have a screw loose to put your life and reputation into the hands of this franchise. "There's a less than one in three chance we didn't COMPLETELY mess this up on an utterly obvious problem with the match, so come on in!"  EVERY season there are two and often three hopeless matches, when you look at the psychological traits.

I agree. I do recall Anthony being interviewed and saying the psych questionnaire was something like 900 questions. That said, thinking logically with the limited time we actually view the couples, we are only being shown what they want us to see. I would also assume they are selecting on "loose criteria" as suggested above, not that those things or things like that are unimportant, but they appear to be the basis upon which couples are matched and then what else? I recall an interview years ago with Jess who was from NY and married to Ryan and she said, his anger was so obvious off camera early on and it only got worse. That was when I started to doubt the depth of the testing because yo could "feel" his anger through the screen. This show is really a trainwreck for the majority of the people and ditto that for all the reality TV shows. Remember, if they were all sugar, it would not make for a good show.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:16 pm

@jlccaz I was hoping you'd jump in and share your knowledge. yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:35 am

I am now more confused than ever. On one hand, the tv show would be slammed if what they are reporting is untrue, but mistaken identity seems a bit of a stretch. Maybe it is just the skeptic in me.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:48 am

nuts2uiam wrote:I am now more confused than ever.  On one hand, the tv show would be slammed if what they are reporting is untrue, but mistaken identity seems a bit of a stretch.  Maybe it is just the skeptic in me.

Of course Mia is lying... the stalking allegation has nothing to do with mistaken identity.. She just couldn't let go...

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Mia Bally & Tristan Thompson - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+10
Doats
michelle1109
jlccaz
provenceguy
nuts2uiam