SELECT CONTENT

Dancing With The Stars - Australia - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dancing With The Stars - Australia - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Empty Dancing With The Stars - Australia - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:54 am

Dirty Street Pie wrote:
Enough wrote:Don't know where to post this. Ch 10 is doing Dancing with the Stars next year. They already mentioned ex Bachelors and Bachelorettes could be contestants. Not sure I am interested to watch them milking their 20s of fame

Not particularly interested in this either @Enough, DWTS is such a tired old concept. Probably quite cheap to make though, which is why Channel 10 is going with it laugh out loud

Ten to revive Dancing with the Stars Australia

Ten has locked in a deal with the BBC to revive Seven’s former popular Australian entertainment show, Dancing with the Stars.

The Daily Telegraph is reporting the program will commence on Ten next year, tipping Julia Morris and Chris Brown – the hosts of I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here – as the show’s new hosts.

The show, which is part of BBC Worldwide’s Dancing With The Stars franchise, is expected to run after I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here in the first half of the television year.

Dancing with the Stars commenced on Seven in 2004 and ran for 15 seasons before it was axed in 2016. In its peak, the show attracted over 2m viewers, but over time, those numbers started to decline.

In 2015, the grand finale had just 883,000 metro viewers down from the 1.063m who watched last year. In 2013 the finale had nearly 1.4m viewers and won the night.

The original hosts of the program were Daryl Somers and Sonia Kruger, before Somers was replaced with Daniel MacPherson. He was later replaced by Shane Bourne and Kruger was replaced by Spice Girl Mel Brown. Brown was then replaced by Edwina Bartholomew.

According to the Daily Telegraph, the show is an expensive format, costing almost $1m an episode. It was previously made by FremantleMedia Australia.

Ten declined to comment. However earlier this month, Ten’s chief content officer, Beverley McGarvey, told the Herald Sun: “I’d never say that we wouldn’t have a look at it. There have been so few strong formats in Australia and so at some point their time may or may not come again.”

The revival of Dancing with the Stars is one of the first major acquisitions since American giant CBS bought Network Ten.

Zoe Samios
Zoe Samios is the senior reporter at Mumbrella covering media owners. She completed her degree at the University of Sydney in Media and Communications. She's previously travelled overseas for internships, including to South Korea, where she worked as a reporter for The Korea Herald.
https://mumbrella.com.au/ten-to-revive-dancing-with-the-stars-two-years-after-seven-lays-down-axe-529300

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Dancing With The Stars - Australia - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum