SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 66 of 73 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 69 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thebachelorettefinale - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 66 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:44 am

I'm glad they both spoke. Being educated is a good thing. Positive growth is a good thing, imo. Hopefully, their love will get them through this. At leAst at this point, both are open minded.
Eta: I agree that Garret should let Becca continue to do the talking.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

thebachelorettefinale - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 66 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Purplepat Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:33 am

What is with this guy? How can you be so naive to the social media world? Its a good thing he has her
for his mouth piece. She seems to be doing all the talking and he just nods his head. Good grief...

When the breakup gets brought up, its like Blake never existed in her life. How easy we forget.

Purplepat

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:35 am

Kashathediva wrote:Here is a quote from that Vanity Fair article.
I never looked into it or read the comment or tags, until [Kufrin] brought it up and talked to me and said, ‘Garrett, you can’t do that. You’ve got to read what you’re supporting and liking and [b]not just take a picture for what it’s worth because people are tagging things and putting things below it that are associating it with an image, whereas other people are reading into it.[/b]’ Just because you’re not reading into it, doesn’t mean others aren’t. So she helped me see all sides.” wrote:
And another:
No, I don’t believe that David Hogg is a crisis actor. That was another thing I had to educate myself on, and [Kufrin] helped me do that. I initially didn’t even know what a crisis actor was, so that’s a part of me growing and just being more educated in what I’m actually supporting and liking.” wrote:

She is engaged to an imbecile. Jmo
Source

WTF - so the issue here is taking a picture for "what it's worth", and that others are "reading into it"

So when he liked the photo of say the "left vs. right women" or the photo of "what boys do today" what was he liking it for, if he wasn't reading into it or reading the caption? What about the photo was soo appealing to him??
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:16 am

sbolduc wrote:
I never looked into it or read the comment or tags, until [Kufrin] brought it up and talked to me and said, ‘Garrett, you can’t do that. You’ve got to read what you’re supporting and liking and [b]not just take a picture for what it’s worth because people are tagging things and putting things below it that are associating it with an image, whereas other people are reading into it.[/b]’ Just because you’re not reading into it, doesn’t mean others aren’t. So she helped me see all sides.” wrote:
And another:
No, I don’t believe that David Hogg is a crisis actor. That was another thing I had to educate myself on, and [Kufrin] helped me do that. I initially didn’t even know what a crisis actor was, so that’s a part of me growing and just being more educated in what I’m actually supporting and liking.” wrote:

Source

WTF - so the issue here is taking a picture for "what it's worth", and that others are "reading into it"

So when he liked the photo of say the "left vs. right women" or the photo of "what boys do today" what was he liking it for, if he wasn't reading into it or reading the caption? What about the photo was soo appealing to him??

I don’t buy what he’s selling but Becca is. I think the girl is that desperate for her happy ending that she doesn’t care who it’s with. Her pride is going to make her hang in there. Both pathetic in my eyes at this point. He’s a little boy in a mans body. :babies:

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 am

sbolduc wrote:
And another:

Source

word
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:43 am

sbolduc wrote:
And another:

Source

Their explanation doesn't make sense..the pictures didn't need captions, they were self-explanatory.

Political satire has been around forever, is meant to be funny, not to be taken seriously
and is based on mocking the person/situation. One can laugh at political satire while completely disagreeing with it if it wasn't satire. But to say I didn't know what I was doing when I hit the like button is a moronic statement, IMO.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:02 am

Re political satire, he should be able to 'like' whatever he pleases and if he sees a humorous satirical point in it and acknowledges that by pressing the like button, why should he feel he has to conform to what others believe? That isn't personal freedom, but he is being called all kinds of names for it. *edit*

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:16 am

petesiepoo wrote:Re political satire, he should be able to 'like' whatever he pleases and if he sees a humorous satirical point in it and acknowledges that by pressing the like button, why should he feel he has to conform to what others believe? That isn't personal freedom, but he is being called all kinds of names for it. *edit*
Of course, anyone is within their rights be able to “like” whatever they please. I don’t believe anywhere has that been suggested that he should not be able to or to have that right taken away.
As far as why should he feel a need to conform to others beliefs and respond to such, my opinion is that would be best asked and directed to him as he is the one responding.
I’m not quite sure who is being referenced in the statement regarding “being called names”, but per forum rules members are allowed to discuss cast, but not other member’s posts.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:37 am

petesiepoo wrote:Re political satire, he should be able to 'like' whatever he pleases and if he sees a humorous satirical point in it and acknowledges that by pressing the like button, why should he feel he has to conform to what others believe? That isn't personal freedom, but he is being called all kinds of names for it. **edited
@petesiepoo
**edited If he wanted to keep having his opinions without judgment or rebuke, he would have stayed wherever he came from, doing whatever he did, being unheard of. But, since he chose to enter the world stage as a public person, he is open to scrutiny and judgment. That’s how it works. He’s no special snowflake and is not immune, IMO. 

Now, he and Becca have suspicious support from the currently confused “people” who actually espouse and pretend that bigotry is a conservative value. Well, it’s NOT, IMO.  People who hate should just own it and stop trying to smear it all over an entire group of people who do not agree with their ignorance. They need to stop trying to hide conspiracy theory filth behind legitimate American values. Garrett’s likes elected him a poster boy and a whipping boy at the same time. He will have to deal with it. 

On this site, it appears that the whole universe is Bachelor franchise obsessed but, people who also live in the real world know that is not at all the case. This is just our private universe, our happy place. Eventually everyone will learn how true that is about other niche sub-cultures. The greater society, the larger group does not agree. **edited JMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Nillay Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:10 pm

I never looked into it or read the comment or tags, until [Kufrin] brought it up and talked to me and said, ‘Garrett, you can’t do that. You’ve got to read what you’re supporting and liking and not just take a picture for what it’s worth because people are tagging things and putting things below it that are associating it with an image, whereas other people are reading into it.’ Just because you’re not reading into it, doesn’t mean others aren’t. So she helped me see all sides.” wrote:
And another:

Source

, until Becca brought it up and talked to me and said “ Garrett you can’t do that “  hahaha omg is Becca his mom ?!?!?! I’m a little concerned tbh
IMO it makes no sense when he says he didn’t read into them....
That picture where they “joked” about throwing immigrant kids over a wall ....he liked it, but didn’t read into it...so it’s not that serious right, it’s just a joke ...right? Okay G and Becca

Last edited by Nillay on Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nillay

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:40 pm

IMO ...their excuses are making it worse .... he’s not owning anything ... he’s trying to justify and minimize his views. IF his moral compass isn’t telling him this is wrong .. And Becca had to point it out ... how warped are his social and moral views and opinions?!? What the heck did his family talk about around the dinner table that made him think this way? Who are his friends?? Somethings not right in Pleasantville ... :crazed

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:54 pm

Minney wrote:Garrett has (rightfully) taken a lot of heat (and hate) for his IG choices. It’s a really safe bet that he isn’t the first contestant to have this type of IG activity but he is the first to be called out on it. If someone did a deep dive on contestants from the past few seasons I wonder how many have as offensive or even more offensive posts or “likes” on their SM accounts. It’s brought a lot of good awareness out actually and an understanding of how seriously some people take SM activity.

Forget about contestants, what about us? I know I went back a bit and looked at some of my likes. Guess what? Apparently I also have some inappropriate likes. I think if anyone looks hard enough, there will be some dirt on all of us.

I miss the days pre SM.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 73 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 69 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+78
timfan
Amethyst
Relalou
tiger
Lievta
Purplepat
Scooby
GypsySarah
bachfan218
FLChica
bluwavz