SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 72 of 73 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 72 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by northernviewer Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:10 pm

XQZME wrote:I married someone who is like my father...brilliant, driven, talented, kind, loving, hilarious, trustworthy, etc., and I don't consider myself to have "daddy issues." 
IMO...the "daddy issue" label trying to be stuck on Becca is a load of poo!

Many of us marry men that end up being similar to our fathers .... BIG difference is looking for a guy that’s like your father !! That’s when it becomes an “issue” :yes:

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 72 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:18 pm

northernviewer wrote:
XQZME wrote:I married someone who is like my father...brilliant, driven, talented, kind, loving, hilarious, trustworthy, etc., and I don't consider myself to have "daddy issues." 

Many of us marry men that end up being similar to our fathers .... BIG difference is looking for a guy that’s like your father !!  That’s when it becomes an “issue” :yes:

I disagree. If you have a loving and kind father that understands and cherishes you as his daughter, you definitely can LOOK for someone like that. When talking to friends about a future husband you often do say, I want someone like my dad or, I don’t want someone like my dad. That means you are looking for definite qualities like or not like your father imo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:21 pm

northernviewer wrote:

Many of us marry men that end up being similar to our fathers .... BIG difference is looking for a guy that’s like your father !!  That’s when it becomes an “issue” :yes:

I realize editing was involved, however the labels came out of Becca’s own mouth, over and over. And what was said was not things like work ethic, personality traits etc, but the love for outdoors and hobbies.
I have to hope a lot of editing was at play, otherwise, imo it seems so superficial.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:31 pm

Right on @Kasha! There is a huge difference between hobbies and personal attributes. Becca kept saying that she had been fishing and hunting with her dad and ‘ felt comfortable ‘ when she saw Garrett had these same interests, it reminded her of good bonding times with her dad. Well, you could be a real a**** and enjoy the outdoors, or you could be a nice, thoughtful man and everywhere in between. But that certainly does not defines the quality that you look for in a partner. ‘ I want him to fish and hunt’ ... ? My POV is that TPTB knew what they were doing in matching G. with her dad’s bonding experiences through his hobbies. ALL JMOAA
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:42 pm

As long as she doesn't go around calling him "Daddy"....I'm good!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:54 pm

But how often do we actually see the lead truly exploring the depths of contestant's characters? We've assumed those conversations must take place, but tptb won't bore us with little details like that. Ha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Sprite wrote:

As long as she doesn't go around calling him "Daddy"....I'm good!

Might take a particular mindset :yes:

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:14 pm

I really hope all the Dad talk wasn't producer driven because if it was I'd really loose all respect for Becca to use her father in that manner. JMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:59 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I really hope all the Dad talk wasn't producer driven because if it was I'd really loose all respect for Becca to use her father in that manner. JMHO.

Sadly, I think it was producer driven ... I have a feeling Garrett said he liked fishing ... and tptb went with it ... suggested the whole M&G van fishing stunt ... to “hook” Becca giggling :fishing:
I think they saw Garrett as easily manipulated and went with it ... add to that, he’s not the brightest bulb ... and they got themselves a season :drama

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekAny Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:11 pm

Becca lost her dad. Thought the world of him. Thought the world of her parents love and marriage. Watched her mom care for him. Watched him pass away in front of her. Wears her mothers wedding ring given by her dad. It’s a huge part of her life. Garrett was the guy who reminded her of that. I do not see that as a negative. Whether it was joking in the van, or talking about his love of the outdoors and that’s how he finds his faith. On the ATFR she explained it like that, and it certainly didn’t seem surface level at that point. She compared their souls. I gave Garrett credit for not being afraid to talk about her father, and bringing him into their relationship. This is a girl who desperately wanted that. And everyone else seems too afraid to talk about it with her. IMO, it wasn’t calculated, it was heart warming. And what she needed.
SeekAny
SeekAny

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:19 pm

ITA with you @northernviewer. Part of the storyboard with the F2 replicating her on Arie’s season ( 1st date, then long gap for next date, not much camera time, then huge blindside)
It just makes sense with their MO though. Sad but Becca was either too naive or played the game to find her ‘ missing piece of puzzle’ . She may not have realized that she was doing it as they are manipulating her to stay on their story but played the whole situation with a willing participant with G completing the script by making sure he was referencing her Dad anytime he saw her. What’s the saying? , ‘ hindsight is 20/20....
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Teamee Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:33 pm

@Seekany beautiful post! It’s extremely commendable that Garrett recognises what’s important to Becca. His ITM before the proposal he prayed to ‘GOd, his family and friends and Becca’s dad that his journey would not end’ Shows he recognises whats important to her and includes it in what matters to him too..that’s pretty darn wonderful IMO
Teamee
Teamee

Female Posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 73 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+78
timfan
Amethyst
Relalou
tiger
Lievta
Purplepat
Scooby
GypsySarah
bachfan218
FLChica
bluwavz