SELECT CONTENT

Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Page 30 of 57 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 43 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GarrettYrigoyen - Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Post by notarose Tue 9 Jun - 21:45

IMO the time when a person changes, a belief or trait, and that change sticks is when that person chooses to or self-initiates the change. IMO people who change most easily (or evolve) over a lifetime are open to new information and adapt as they engage in new experiences.
I think everyone changes to some degree. It’s part of maturity. This situation where Becca and Garrett have focused on different things related to the same situation probably plays out in other households as well. Definitely a TBC.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

GarrettYrigoyen - Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Post by suzq Tue 9 Jun - 23:41

As I am listening to this podcast -- Rachel is so much more articulate than Becca. Becca seems to be talking in circles. The fact that Rachel is even talking to Becca about this and Garrett -- she has a lot more patience than many might give her credit for. I get that Becca is in a hard position, but it is her choice to be with Garrett. It's hard for me to feel a lot of empathy for her. Just because people meet on the Bachelor doesn't make their relationship above reproach. Rachel said that she would rather Garrett and others be blatantly racist than be "neutral". That feels powerful to me. IMO.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed 10 Jun - 0:19

Yeah, Garrett’s such a big macho man he’s been living off of Becca’s Bachelorette earnings and fame and running errands and posing for lovey dovey pictures for a living for two years. 

He’s exactly who I always thought he was and I know she’s making a futile attempt to defend him but I still say, IMO Becca’s too smart to live her life with this albatross forever. She’ll get wise after he continually fails to secure steady employment and carry his own weight. After she finds she cannot grow and develop and optimize her opportunities within the little box his limited mind cannot expand beyond. 
Eventually, she’ll recover and get out of this mess but, first she has to come to terms with reality. I believe she will. All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Wed 10 Jun - 0:30

I keep hearing about how smart Becca is all the time. Maybe she’s also dumb in love or simply with men. What’s her dating history like? Has she done this before, putting up with and for chitty men?

I’m not so sure of the in love situation with Garrett. I think she’s in major lust with him as that he does it for her and she likes that.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Wed 10 Jun - 2:18

Not sure about her whole dating history but the one who showed up on the Bachelor Arie's season that she dated for a long time didn't seem like such a great catch imo.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed 10 Jun - 2:43

bluwavz wrote:

https://twitter.com/usweekly/status/1270373677742391297?s=20

This, explains it all in a nutshell. Great recap.

If one is not racist, you wouldn't even dream of doing or saying anything remotely related to racism. (Like slipping the N word while singing a song, without giving it another thought) The fact that Becca has to have discussions and educate him, is a scary thought. I give her a lot of credit, personally I couldn't do it because if someone is racists it's going to take a heck of a lot of work to change their minds. The quickest way is for them to experience some of the social injustices other's have experienced over the last 100s of years.

It's been a couple of years since the famous like's and they are still discussing? Those kinds of discussions between couples, must be very difficult.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed 10 Jun - 2:44

makeover wrote:Not sure about her whole dating history but the one who showed up on the Bachelor Arie's season that she dated for a long time didn't seem like such a great catch imo.

@makeover
I forgot about him but, now that you said that, I recall she had wasted six years on that goofdrop that showed up on Arie's season sooooooooo....
GarrettYrigoyen - Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 30 1710264613 deadhorse GarrettYrigoyen - Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 30 3552228123 :crazed GarrettYrigoyen - Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 30 3806527698

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jun - 14:46

the only person you can change is yourself. it sounds like becca just needs to admit that he has some truly troubling views but she has decided to stay with him anyway. all this talk of conversations and he’s growing or whatever rings hollow. it doesn’t sound like she is being honest with herself and is consequently twisting herself into a pretzel trying to explain away his behavior. jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed 10 Jun - 16:09

@GuardianAngel Thanks for posting the article covering essence of the interview. I haven't had time to listen to the podcast.

Garrett was raised differently than Becca and posts like these show those differences but his ignorance is really appalling! I hope that Garrett wants to change, for himself, rather than for Becca alone. If he becomes an EMT, he will have a lot of interaction with law enforcement and could be in a position to intervene in potentially violent activities. Education is never too late -

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5308

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Wed 10 Jun - 16:13

gabriele wrote:the only person you can change is yourself. it sounds like becca just needs to admit that he has some truly troubling views but she has decided to stay with him anyway. all this talk of conversations and he’s growing or whatever rings hollow. it doesn’t sound like she is being honest with herself and is consequently twisting herself into a pretzel trying to explain away his behavior. jmo
Agreed. She needs to remember she is NOT his mother, she is his girlfriend. And that he is a grown up, not a child. I'm not saying grown people can't learn but it's not her job to educate him or have conversations with him time and time again. I hate to say this, but I've always felt after the Arie incident, Becca is just happy to have someone love her so much like Garrett does. IMO.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed 17 Jun - 3:43

Lots of info in the link. It sounds like her family was not happy.

“For those who are curious about my relationship with Garrett at this point, all I can say right now is that I don’t know,” she said. “I can’t give anything more than that. It’s something that we are trying to work through and discuss and do work on at home at this time and that’s where the work will remain and that’s really the best I can give you at this point.”

https://etcanada.com/news/657537/becca-kufrin-says-that-she-doesnt-know-where-her-relationship-with-garrett-yrigoyen-stands-after-his-controversial-post/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Wed 17 Jun - 3:54

https://people.com/tv/becca-kufrin-talks-her-relationship-with-garrett-yrigoyen-apologizes-to-rachel-lindsay/
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1885

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 57 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 43 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

+64
Terps4life
umngirl
nuts2uiam
Maggenzm
Billysmom