SELECT CONTENT

Health - Discussion

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Health - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Health - Discussion

Post by Sprite Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:55 pm

@albean99 I am looking at the Skechers that looks somewhat similar to ones I have, but can't get any more. I don't have feet issues, but just like that style. Having said that, I have very narrow feet and it can be a challenge to find shoes that fit so I typically don't buy them online since I have to try them on. Sandals are the worst since they are more open. How do those fit? Wide or narrow? They seem to be adjustable. I just hate having to send stuff back. I am one of those weird size people that rarely fits the standard.

@sdmom I hope they can figure this out. The waiting is the worst part and you are worrying about your mom on top of that. Praying

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:20 pm

Thanks ladies! But I should have made it clearer: please forgive me my poor grammar and equally poor typing: my mom’s cancer diagnosis was in 2012 and she passed away in 2014.

Anyway, I am more frustrated than worried because I have no idea what causes the elevated calcium level. Maybe my body just doesn’t absorb calcium well and release it to my blood!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:33 pm

@sdmom I am sorry for your loss. Hope your own issues get resolved ASAP.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:44 pm

@sdmom I'm sorry to hear about the loss of you mom. Praying

I know how you feel on not knowing what causes it.

I've always had low blood pressure. I have no idea how to get it to a more normal reading. My doctor is never worried about it. I don't have any problems with it, other than cooling down after a shower. I like my shower's hot, and if I don't cool down for a few minutes I feel like I'm going to pass out, and immediately have to lay down. laugh out loud

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:25 pm

@GuardianAngel Good thing you don't drink wine as red wine, in particular, contain histamine and it can trigger anything that is histamine related. Hope your skin continues to clear.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:16 am

So I got lab results back from my neurologist and it says I am anemic. Have any of you been or are as well? Going to my doctor this week to see what I can do or take. So far I've been taking iron pills. My best friends' say I should eat spinach but no thanks I am too picky with vegetables! laugh out loud

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Health - Discussion - Page 3 8367-910 Health - Discussion - Page 3 I_got_13 Health - Discussion - Page 3 E5kqdm15 Health - Discussion - Page 3 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:23 am

@Linds911 Iron tabs work. I was on them for a while, but there are a lot of foods that can help with your iron...red meats, shellfish, beans, green vegetables...spinach, broccoli, even dark chocolate.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:44 am

@Sprite - I am anemic from kidney problems. I take iron tablets twice a day but some of the foods mentioned are "verboten" for the kidney patient. Depending on the severity of the hemoglobin level, some patients see a hematologist to monitor their levels. If you go down too far then a transfusion is sometimes called for. Otherwise there are a couple of injectable drugs which can be used. Hope this is helpful. Dr. Newto LOL.

As for dark chocolate, bring it on!!!

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:29 am

@Linds911 Anemia is a broad term. I hope your doctor clarifies this for you and you confirm that iron pills are what is needed. Good luck - I know lagging energy can be a side effect of low red blood cells.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:23 pm

@Newto Yes, it all depends if you have other issues. My mom is on a lot of medication and can't eat certain foods as a result since they effect how well the drugs she is on work. That is why it is best to discuss these things with your physician. She asked her doctor to print her out a list of which foods she needs to avoid so that she can keep them on the fridge to remind herself.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:53 pm

@Sprite @Newto @Norcalgal Thank you for your tips! My doctor said to take iron pills, eat lots of red meat and even drink orange juice! Going to take more blood work in the next few weeks to see what happens.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Health - Discussion - Page 3 8367-910 Health - Discussion - Page 3 I_got_13 Health - Discussion - Page 3 E5kqdm15 Health - Discussion - Page 3 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:00 am

@Linds911 keep us updated! It's a good idea to follow doctors orders then do more bloodwork to see the difference.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down