SELECT CONTENT

Health - Discussion

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Health - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Health - Discussion

Post by albean99 Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:12 am

@Sprite I don't know if they'll work for you or not. I have average width feet and they're fine for me.

@Linds911 I used to have to take iron pills when I was younger and my doctor gave me an Rx for plain iron pills that were a lot cheaper than supplements. That was a long time ago so things might have changed. Good luck!

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:07 am

@GuardianAngel My doctor recommended more bloodwork as my most recent lab results were done last year so she wants an update to see how I am now.

@albean99 yeah I was hoping she would give me something to take, an Rx because these iron pills are $$$! so maybe she will once I do the bloodwork.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Health - Discussion - Page 4 8367-910 Health - Discussion - Page 4 I_got_13 Health - Discussion - Page 4 E5kqdm15 Health - Discussion - Page 4 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11960

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:38 am

@Linds911 oh ok. Let us know how you make out.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:22 am

Linds911 wrote:@Sprite @Newto @Norcalgal Thank you for your tips! My doctor said to take iron pills, eat lots of red meat and even drink orange juice! Going to take more blood work in the next few weeks to see what happens.

Vitamin C helps with iron absorption & orange juice is high in Vitamin C. 😊sunny
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:28 am

@jojo47 - some of us can't have orange juice. Just FYI no citrus if you have GERD or kidney disease. That would be me.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue May 23, 2023 4:49 am

Has anyone ever had sciatica nerve pain?

I don't know what I have, waiting for xray results but it's awfully painful. I can't sit for more than a few minutes.

The thing is, typically it's in your butt area and down your leg but I don't have pain down my leg. I just found out today it's possible to have sciatica and not have pain down the back of your leg.

In the meantime, I'm very frustrated. Long weekend and I'm spending most of it laying down. no no

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue May 23, 2023 9:46 am

@GuardianAngel My husband has a very bad case of sciatica - he was treated all through 2022. His pain started in his lower back, traveled down his hip and all the way to his toes. Couldn't find a comfortable position. He had X-rays, MRI, physical therapy and finally saw a physical medicine doctor (they specialize in paralysis and other conditions that lead to physical impairment). He has a traction machine that he uses 1-4 times a week that pulls his disks apart. It was prescribed by the PT. He also takes a muscle relaxant and a high dose of naprosyn/tylenol when the pain is really bad. The muscle relaxant is actually an anti-depressant which now has FDA approval for how he is using it. On bad days, he hangs from a bar across a doorway to relieve pressure on his disks. It comes and goes and any awkward movement or twisting can bring on an attack. It's a real bummer and I feel for you. The doctor told him that most people with sciatica as bad as his usually have frequency of bowel movements. He does not have that but evidently accidents are frequent. There are 2 more treatment options for him to consider - one is the injection of steroids into the disks and then finally surgery to remove the pressure on the disks.

Good luck and try to be patient with yourself and not hurry movements. Sometimes a heat bag that goes in the microwave to get hot, helps him. Sometimes it doesn't work. He thinks ice doesn't do anything for him.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue May 23, 2023 10:16 am

@Norcalgal Thank you so much for all the info. Wow he's been through a lot. I have had lower back problems for years. One wrong move and I put it "out" Not sure what to call it because after a couple of days it would go away and I never got it checked. A year ago Feb I really hurt it bad. I work seasonally and was just getting back to work. I didn't want to take time off so I struggled through. Some good days some worst than others but some level of pain everyday. I had planned on calling the doctor end of June when we are on reduced hours, more flexibility for appointment dates to determine what's wrong and get rid of the pain.  I've had enough. I've take Aleve everyday, even tried CBD oil all of which helps but still some days so sore. The move in between all that didn't help. I've been icing all day. The worst is getting up after sitting or lying down. My bed is filled with pillows everywhere. laugh out loud

Now this happened, but it's above the kidney area so in a way this forced me to do something. I hope the xrays show what's going on so I can get the proper treatment. I've reached the end of my pain tolerance!

I  hope your hubby is able to maintain a comfortable healthy position.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue May 23, 2023 1:57 pm

@GuardianAngel Wow. I hope the doctors can figure what is going on with you. I am so sorry you have to go through all this pain. I've had back issues occasionally, but nothing like what you describe. Good luck.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed May 24, 2023 3:33 am

@GuardianAngel He never had back problems until he slipped on a wet/icy stair and fell. The fact he is one of those men who ignore pain until it is unbearable didn't help. Listen to your body - if it hurts, go easy on yourself. Working through pain usually ends up badly. Good luck and keep us updated.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed May 24, 2023 9:44 am

Mine started years ago putting patio furniture away. I was fine after a couple of days but since then 2-3 times a year it would happen again. I should have dealt with it last year when it was really bad and the pain didn't go away.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu May 25, 2023 7:21 am

@GuardianAngel We always comment that if so and so lived in Canada they would get medical attention right away as you have such comprehensive coverage, esp. compared to the US! Use that benefit!

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Health - Discussion