SELECT CONTENT

Colton Underwood - Screen Caps - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 61 of 61 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 59, 60, 61

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Colton Underwood - Screen Caps - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 61 Empty Re: Colton Underwood - Screen Caps - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:40 pm

@luvstx wow, thank you for listing all the scenes we didn't see. All I could think of last night was the monkey jump. I forgot about the others!

Sleuthing has been great! You all out did yourselves once again! bestbud!

I look forward to the next season!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Colton Underwood - Screen Caps - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 61 Empty Re: Colton Underwood - Screen Caps - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by luvstx Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:45 am

blueblues wrote:
luvstx wrote:Just had to come by this thread (which is always my favorite), to say BRAVO to all the grewtbsleuthers this season!!  

And now can we talk about the scraps that were never shown?!?  I'll start:

Portugal 'FRC' empty ring box scene
Cassie and Colton monkey jump scene in Mallorca
Cassie in Portugal with red cold shoulder top on
Interrupted PI scene in Denver (?) with Hannah G in black top

Any others??  And is this an unusually high number?
Have to give it to you – you were right about the FRC. They actually took at least half a day's work to create this red herring for the previews.
bowdown

bluesblues, thanks for the compliment since I always think everyone else on here is three steps ahead of me in sleuthing! And when Colton said during some interview that filming the 'FRC' scene was very difficult....I think it's because his emotions were all over the place while in Portugal. I'm guessing that they filmed the fake FRC the day after he let Tayshia and Hannah G. down but before leaving for Spain.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:58 am

luvstx wrote:bluesblues, thanks for the compliment since I always think everyone else on here is three steps ahead of me in sleuthing!  And when Colton said during some interview that filming the 'FRC' scene was very difficult....I think it's because his emotions were all over the place while in Portugal.  I'm guessing that they filmed the fake FRC the day after he let Tayshia and Hannah G. down but before leaving for Spain.
Yes, I remember him commenting on it, but I think he worded it something like “that was a very emotional day” or “a lot was at stake that day”. Cleaver, because he didn’t lie, but he was actually talking about other things that happened that day.

He was asked about it yesterday: https://youtu.be/89W3pmIYNdA?t=99

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:36 pm

luvstx wrote:Just had to come by this thread (which is always my favorite), to say BRAVO to all the grewtbsleuthers this season!!  

And now can we talk about the scraps that were never shown?!?  I'll start:

Portugal 'FRC' empty ring box scene
Cassie in Portugal with red cold shoulder top on
Interrupted PI scene in Denver (?) with Hannah G in black top

Any others??  And is this an unusually high number?

blueblues wrote:Yes, I remember him commenting on it, but I think he worded it something like “that was a very emotional day” or “a lot was at stake that day”. Cleaver, because he didn’t lie, but he was actually talking about other things that happened that day.

He was asked about it yesterday: https://youtu.be/89W3pmIYNdA?t=99

I'll take a run  at the FRC scene we saw in previews but not in the final show.

1 - Where filmed? - I think we have SC analysis that says the location was Portugal (as opposed to Mallorca)
2 - When filmed? - broad detail - while they were in Portugal and before they went to Mallorca. It doesn't make sense for them to leave Portugal, film in Mallorca, and then go back to file a scene in Portugal that didn't make any sense after what happened in Mallorca.
3 - Why filmed? - OK - purely speculation but two possibilities come to me:

A - To use to fake out viewers into thinking there was a FRC. But I don't think this makes total sense as I don't think they would waste the time to film that scene just to use in a preview to fake everyone into thinking there was an FRC. If that had been the purpose - why was the ring box empty?
B - I think this was filmed in Portugal to tell the story of an alternative ending - one that didn't happen but could have. To narrow down the time frame I think this was filmed AFTER the breakup with Cassie and AFTER he broke up with Tayshia and Hanna G and BEFORE he met with Cassie. Colton was not a happy camper in that scene (another reason why I think it wasn't done as a foiler) and I think the alternative (and sad) ending was if Cassie wasn't interested in any sort of reconciliation, the show would have ended with Colton ready for an FRC but no one left for him. An empty ringbox, an empty heart, and alone.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:56 pm

Lucas15 wrote:I'll take a run  at the FRC scene we saw in previews but not in the final show.

1 - Where filmed? - I think we have SC analysis that says the location was Portugal (as opposed to Mallorca)
2 - When filmed? - broad detail - while they were in Portugal and before they went to Mallorca. It doesn't make sense for them to leave Portugal, film in Mallorca, and then go back to file a scene in Portugal that didn't make any sense after what happened in Mallorca.
3 - Why filmed? - OK - purely speculation but two possibilities come to me:

A - To use to fake out viewers into thinking there was a FRC. But I don't think this makes total sense as I don't think they would waste the time to film that scene just to use in a preview to fake everyone into thinking there was an FRC. If that had been the purpose - why was the ring box empty?
B - I think this was filmed in Portugal to tell the story of an alternative ending - one that didn't happen but could have. To narrow down the time frame I think this was filmed AFTER the breakup with Cassie and AFTER he broke up with Tayshia and Hanna G and BEFORE he met with Cassie. Colton was not a happy camper in that scene (another reason why I think it wasn't done as a foiler) and I think the alternative (and sad) ending was if Cassie wasn't interested in any sort of reconciliation, the show would have ended with Colton ready for an FRC but no one left for him. An empty ringbox, an empty heart, and alone.
1  Yes, Castle of São João do Arade, Portugal.

2. Agreed. Probably right after his meeting with Cassie. It looks like late in the day, and it could not have been decided until they knew the outcome of that meeting. The Cassie packing scene may have been filmed at the same time.

3. B is an interesting idea, but why not have the meeting first to know what to plan for? I’m leaning towards A. They may not have been scheduled to leave for Mallorca until the next day, so they used the extra time and the castle that was already booked.
JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:00 pm

blueblues wrote:3. B is an interesting idea, but why not have the meeting first to know what to plan for? I’m leaning towards A. They may not have been scheduled to leave for Mallorca until the next day, so they used the extra time and the castle that was already booked.
JMO

If all they wanted was a "foiler" scene to make it appear there actually was an FRC, then why not wait and film it in Mallorca if they knew they were going there after all? They had rooms and venues in Mallorca comped and extra time if there was only one girl for MTP and LCD dates (the FS date with Cassie replaced what would normally have been two LCDs). And why not film it with a ring in it and not run the risk that some eagle eyed sleuthers could see that the ring box was empty? I think they filmed it in Portugal before the reconciliation meeting to make sure that they had some sort of an ending for the season - fearing that if there was no reconciliation with Cassie, Colton was really done for good with no leverage (other than legal threats) to get him to film anything.

Lucas15

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:16 pm

I lean towards A. They had no idea if Cassie and Colton would make it past MTP and LCD...so they were making sure they had some film to use to pad any necessary gaps.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:35 am

luvstx wrote:And now can we talk about the scraps that were never shown?!?  I'll start:

IMO this scene actually happened and while it was significant to sleuthers because (along with the black lace FD scene) it placed Cassie and Colton both in Mallorca, it wasn't as significant to the story as the show ended up telling it so it didn't make it into the final edit.

IMO the cliff rappelling date was an adrenaline date (which tends to bring people together) but what was really significant about that date is that during it Cassie shared something really significant to understanding why she felt the doubts that she did. She talked about having been in a controlling relationship in college (IMO this would have been her ex Caelan) and that she felt she just lost her sense of self in that relationship and was scared about relationships in general, not specifically a relationship with Colton. I believe her because I've read so many reports from those who watched season 1 of Young Once and that was what they saw - and was why she broke up with Caelan.

luvstx wrote:And is this an unusually high number?

There's always some and I don't know if this is more or less than normal because I don't have a feel for what's normal.

ETA: With regard to the "fake" FRC scene with the empty ringbox, Colton explained in this interview at about 1:40 that it was shot as a fake-out scene and he just went along with it. So option A seems to be the most confirmed reason why they did it.

Last edited by Lucas15 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Lucas15

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:42 am

I agree with you Lucas15.

Re: rappeling LCD. It was a great part of their love story. But go back and watch it to see how stupid it was that Colton was wearing some type of dress shoe while rappelling. That had me laughing!!
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:02 am

luvstx wrote:snip
But go back and watch it to see how stupid it was that Colton was wearing some type of dress shoe while rappelling.  That had me laughing!!

IMO dress shoes were clearly not the best choice for rappelling and you could see how they caused him some difficulty. Cassie did much better but she also had more appropriate shoes.

Lucas15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 61 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 59, 60, 61

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Colton Underwood - Screen Caps - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+55
as03
denysevictoria
mbl
Dutchy23
Rolly