SELECT CONTENT

Weather - Discussion

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weather - Discussion  - Page 11 Empty Re: Weather - Discussion

Post by Sprite Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:02 pm

Well, I just shoveled about 6 inches in preparation of heading to work this afternoon. It looks as if that is pretty much it. Fingers crossed.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:22 pm

@Sprite you're lucky! We are at 50 cm around 20 inches and it's till snowing. Thank God for my neighbour who snow plowed my driveway then later cleaned my car. It's insane!!!!! Of course it was garbage day today and I had to dig out my organics can and garbage can out of the snow pile. I have recycle bags that will be buried for a long time. You know it's bad when everything is shut down.

Snow drift in the driveway
Weather - Discussion  - Page 11 20220116

Depth of snow. You can see the garbage cans deeper in snow after the plough came by after I took the morning picture.

Weather - Discussion  - Page 11 20220117

Those cans were almost buried to the top by the time I got them out. Had to shovel around them, snow past my knees. This was taken this morning.

Weather - Discussion  - Page 11 20220114

After my wonderful neighbour cleared it the whole driveway. The car is next.

Weather - Discussion  - Page 11 20220118

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:28 pm

@GuardianAngel OMG, do they even pick up the garbage/recyclables in weather like this?

I know few weeks ago we got like 6 inches, and they cancelled our service day here in WA state (Spanaway). Mainly because the roads had that ice underneath the snow too, so kind of tricky I suppose to get through each residential area safely.
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:33 pm

@chasus71 They announced this morning it will be collected tomorrow. I can't remember the last time they cancelled garbage pick up. Usually when we get snow (not this much in a long time all at once) workers are clearing all night and they usually have no problems. I'm talking easily up to five feet, it's never an issue. We're used to it but it started last night and hasn't let up. At one point it was an 3 inches / hour!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:48 pm

@GuardianAngel WOW!! holey Moley laugh out loud that is a lot of snow!!! talk about literally being snowed in...Weather - Discussion  - Page 11 200.gif?cid=ff8962e3qlw9muyywq572s2b9ncgss3wx5xq99l4b9zd6mm7&rid=200
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:56 pm

@chasus71 We are used to a lot of snow but over a period of a week or a few days here and there, not all at once! laugh out loud They have been forecasting this for two days and boy they were right!

My neighbourhood looked like this this morning. Snowmobiles people shovelling and snowplows can be heard all day.

https://twitter.com/mandyyygg/status/1483067162294169602

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:44 pm

While a major inconvenience, that snow yields precious water. If you have enough already, send it out west where, despite copious rainfall, we are still considered in a drought! Be safe!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5301

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:51 am

@GuardianAngel That is a lot of snow. Been there, done that. We were lucky this time. They kept saying we were on the cusp. We could get by relatively unscathed...like we did...or like you, be buried in snow.

This is why it's called the snow belt. At least we aren't like Newfoundland where the snow drifts can be as high as your house on a regular basis.

Stay safe everyone.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:23 am

Here I was complaining about our 3 ft of snow that we had at once in a 36hr period in Dec.  Mind you, we don't normally get freezing rain nor temps cold enough to freeze the water pipes coming into our home here on Vancouver Island.  Our day temps were -15 for 2 days, then hovered around -10 for the next 4.  Finally almost 2 weeks later we had daytime temps of -2.  That 36hr period they fluctuated in snow and freezing rain, and over again.  Here I thought I left that all behind in Ont when we left there in 1991.  

Stay warm, dry, healthy and safe everyone!

ETA: Mind you, on the island when we moved here in 1996, we had the wettest spring on record for the area that I live in, then for the winter, we had the most snow at one time. We had over 4.5 ft of snow in a 72 hr period. It stayed for 3 days then was all melted in a 24hr period with the rain that followed. It was nuts. Many homes had their roofs falling in, all commercial greenhouses were demolished from the snow, then rain that followed, and a lot of outbuildings were also levelled. Never seen anything like that before.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:52 pm

@Aunties_Love I thought of you when I wrote 'copious rain'. You've had it and more this fall. Hope you're all OK and coping with Mother Nature.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5301

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:14 pm

I ventured out today because I had an appointment for an oil change. I can't believe how much snow is out there. When you're just looking out windows and all you see is white, you don't really see the true amount that's on the ground until you get out there.

@Sprite I saw on the weather radar when I was following along, it looked like areas that were not going to be affected. I later saw some pics on Twitter from Windsor, showing grass and backyard decks. laugh out loud

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:17 am

@GuardianAngel Well we are getting lots of snow again. We are in a snow squall area. We were watching the weather and it said at most we had a 40% chance, but it seems to be coming down pretty good. It will all depend on how long it lasts.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Weather - Discussion

+11
MiniDiva