SELECT CONTENT

Nick Cummins - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - Discussion

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Cummins - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Nick Cummins - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - Discussion

Post by AEF Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:06 am

During the Project interview before leaving for Kokoda, Nick was dismissive, unapologetic and arrogant. The second project interview he was defensive, clearly struggling, sending mixed messages and tried to make some sort of an apology. What changed between the two interviews? It's a shame it takes the public reaction for Nick to make an attempt at caring.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Nick Cummins - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Nick Cummins - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - Discussion

Post by Sundy Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:01 pm

@Bobette for a man who was so solid on his contract details I am sure he had a fair idea of what he was getting himself into. I suspect he went on with no intention of choosing someone, knew it had been done before and was convinced he could spin it his way. I also think he was unexpectedly tempted by one and half considered changing the original plan to not choose anyone hemce the internal confusion

I do believe the public is getting more and more vicious and quick to judge though and this is not something Nick considered. If he is legitimately suffering I do feel sorry for his situation. It has been said that he had two staff there assisting him through the interview. Who knows if that was because of his mental well-being or public preseption though. I do hope he is ok though and toddles back of to Nick land
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:11 pm

Sundy wrote:@Bobette for a man who was so solid on his contract details I am sure he had a fair idea of what he was getting himself into. I suspect he went on with no intention of choosing someone, knew it had been done before and was convinced he could spin it his way. I also think he was unexpectedly tempted by one and half considered changing the original plan to not choose anyone hemce the internal confusion

I do believe the public is getting more and more vicious and quick to judge though and this is not something Nick considered. If he is legitimately suffering I do feel sorry for his situation. It has been said that he had two staff there assisting him through the interview. Who knows if that was because of his mental well-being or public preseption though. I do hope he is ok though and toddles back of to Nick land

If Nick is depressed as expressed during the interview I wish him well and hope he surrounds himself with friendly faces and family.
However, based on his treks and other rumors, he's been getting on and about showing no signs of being somber. He did not avoid social media. On IG, he was in all of Honey Badger glory. When the shite hit the fan, Nick took a dive. Look, for me he was a coward around handling things. I didn't have an issue with him not choosing anyone. All he had to do was to own his decision. He's his choice, his life. I just think the Badger was cornered and he was trying to find his way out. Also, I do think he was going the less callous way of being emphatic which will work just find for him. Oi, who knew such a big, bad fairytale reality TV show would've thrown the Badger for loop.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:43 pm

It's ridiculous how Nick acted like if a lead chooses someone (I include those who are with their F1s and those who aren't) then he wouldn't get backlash like if he chose no one. Puhleeeeeze.

There's been leads who got TONS of backlash from viewers and the media for weeks and months because of the lead's F1 pick - those who lasted with their F1s and those who haven't lasted.

Far more backlash for them from media and viewers than what I've seen with ol Nick honey badger. If anything I think Nick's been treated a lot better than leads who picked F1s the media and audience were against  Nick Cummins - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - Discussion - Page 3 4256136633

Imo both Sophie and Nick got off very easy with media and viewers especially so soon after finale. This is because they are celebrities imo and all the evidence compared to those who aren't and got way more backlash is proof.  

Bottom line is Nick wasn't going to choose anyone imo and never planned on doing so when he signed on the dotted line. I don't care if he chose no one. But he benefits from being a celeb imo just like Sophie and for him to think that what he has is worse than what other leads have had is laughable  Rolling Eyes

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:44 pm

Idlemess wrote:
If Nick is depressed as expressed during the interview I wish him well and hope he surrounds himself with friendly faces and family.
However, based on his treks and other rumors, he's been getting on and about showing no signs of being somber.  He did not avoid social media. On IG, he was in all of Honey Badger glory. When the shite hit the fan, Nick took a dive. Look, for me he was a coward around handling things. I didn't have an issue with him not choosing anyone. All he had to do was to own his decision. He's his choice, his life. I just think the Badger was cornered and he was trying to find his way out. Also, I do think he was going the less callous way of being emphatic which will work just find for him. Oi, who knew such a big, bad fairytale reality TV show would've thrown the Badger for loop.

I also think he made the right decision choosing no one.  Nick's comments on the Project suggest there IS a contract clause saying the Lead and F1 need to stay together for 3 months and IMO it would have been obvious he was faking it *cough Sophie cough*.  

Yes he's a big boy and went into it voluntarily, but having never seen the show I really don't think he knew the risks involved.  I can just imagine all the things TPTB said to convince him to do it (if you don't like anyone you can just leave single - no sweat!)

Thrown for a loop indeed.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:52 pm

The right decision would have been Nick not going on the show in the first place since he clearly doesn't and never wanted to be in a relationship in the first place imo. I don't believe any celeb is interested in dating someone when they sign on the dotted line for this show. Not for Soph and not for Nick. Only difference is that Nick was granted the no choice by TPTB imo.

I totally believe TPTB's were fine with him picking no one and loved it. Hence his edit which benefited him and gave him an out with the ol Brooke spin and the post-media as well as Ten deliberately airing Nick's season later. All for his benefit. Even his media spin now is for his benefit. It's all planned imo.

Celebrities will always get their way with this show and be protected for this show no matter what their choices approved by TPTB. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:05 pm

Yes I said from the start Brooke would look like the favourite, exit at F3 and be used as an excuse to pick no one, and post-show media supports that IMO.  I do think he has been genuinely shocked by the backlash though.  I don't think he would have planned to release his book at this time if he knew what was coming.  

IMO celebrities are a double edged sword for TPTB - easier to work with because they're comfortable on camera and know the ropes but harder to work with because they have an image to promote/protect and are less likely to follow orders.  Hopefully it might dissuade them from having celebrity Leads in future.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:10 pm

TPTB protect their celeb leads because they give them high ratings. It's all they care about imo. Doesn't matter if the celeb picked one, did a switcheroo, didn't pick, picked and fauxed it. It's the VIP treatment as much as they can give their celebs and Nick definitely has gotten that when compared to other leads.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:12 pm

I definitely think TPTB will have celeb leads again and the same results will happen like with Nick and Sophie (celeb never interested in any relationship). The ratings they get are too enticing. But, before TPTB go with a celeb Bach though imo they will go with a returnee as that will make the audience think TPTB care. Then when they've lulled the audience back it will be back to celeb leads and rinse and repeat. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:43 pm

I disagree.  IMO celebrity Leads is an experiment which has failed.  I think overall Nick's finale would have lost them more viewers/ratings than his celebrity status gained.  IMO we will see a return to re-using people from within the franchise.  

Not saying they won't have celebrities ever again but IMO they'll want to save themselves the headache and go back to using people who are more compliant/dependent on the show for fame, and will give them an ending viewers will be satisfied with.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:47 pm

Bobette wrote:I disagree.  IMO celebrity Leads is an experiment which has failed.  I think overall Nick's finale would have lost them more viewers/ratings than his celebrity status gained.  IMO we will see a return to re-using people from within the franchise.  

Not saying they won't have celebrities ever again but IMO they'll want to save themselves the headache and go back to using people who are more compliant/dependent on the show for fame, and will give them an ending viewers will be satisfied with.

After what happened with the backlalsh Nick has received, I wonder how many celebreties would actually be willing to put themselves through that? Maybe some that are hoping to revive a stalled career. I don't know. In my mind, there are more pitfalls than potential rewards, but then I'm not a media whore.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:49 pm

I think another option would be for them to use people from other Ch 10 shows like Survivor - known/popular with the public but still reliant on the show for fame and willing to toe the line.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Cummins - Bachelor Australia - Season 6 - Discussion

+11
Storybook
Bobette
Zaynab
LeapofFaith
Enough