SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:29 pm

@handsanitiser I edited into my post video of Chris saying "it's not going to happen".  If he signs up after that I'll be spamming his Twitter with the clip and asking for a please explain.  laugh out loud

But agreed I will also totally watch whoever it is.  The sleuthing is by far the best part of this show for me and that's always enjoyable regardless of who the Lead is.  I'd just prefer Todd. Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 2498057887

I'd like them to confirm now too but they probably won't announce it till March so we still have a while to wait and no doubt even more names will be thrown around between now and then. hmmm
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Sprite Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:45 pm

I don't know anything about Todd other than what I have read here and I would be down with him. On the other hand, the vet is hot and older so I would be good with him too. Either way...I win!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:33 pm

I'm going to go with what I said about both past celeb leads and if Dr Chris is another celeb lead it will be another disaster imo and will definitely hurt him more than help him (hurt him way more reputation and career-wise than the past two celeb leads). 

This show is not a format for celeb types imo.  Dr Chris would be stupid to take the lead spot. I think he knows that too. I'm still for Todd or if he doesn't want it then some boring unknown. 

No more celeb leads:headbanging
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:15 pm

IA @AllAboutLove yes and doesn't Dr Chris film i'm a celebrity get me outta here while bach is filming? Anyway no way he will do it like i've said he doesn't need the boost in profile and especially the help in finding a girl...plus imo he is tooo busy doing so much other awesome stuff, if he becomes bach he will lose it all and prob be hated in the end for not picking the right girl or whatever - maybe if they pay him 1 million dollars but even then he would not be there "for the right reasons" - jmo

now watch me eat my words when they announce him laugh out loud
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by handsanitiser Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:59 am

AllAboutLove wrote:I'm going to go with what I said about both past celeb leads and if Dr Chris is another celeb lead it will be another disaster imo and will definitely hurt him more than help him (hurt him way more reputation and career-wise than the past two celeb leads). 

This show is not a format for celeb types imo.  Dr Chris would be stupid to take the lead spot. I think he knows that too. I'm still for Todd or if he doesn't want it then some boring unknown. 

No more celeb leads:headbanging

While personally I agree and I think the integrity of the franchise is better maintained with non-celeb leads (aka the "right reasons" factor), the higher ratings they get are gonna be hard for Channel Ten to pass up.  They've seen the boost that comes from casting celebrity leads because they pull in people who wouldn't normally watch Bach/ette.  Just thinking of this without emotion and the way a TV executive would think of it...

Dr Chris Brown is the number one name thrown around, but it doesn't have to be him. I still think they'd go for a celebrity above a past contestant - if they can get one.

ETA we see it as a disaster if the relationship doesn't work but all tptb care about is the ratings. Nick's season was a "disaster" but it was ratings gold.

handsanitiser

Female Posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:58 am

The ratings for male leads aren't as significant a difference for BachAU seasons.

Nick's season finale is ranked 4th out of the past 6 BachAU seasons which is low for a celeb finale and a celeb lead in comparison to the other BachAU leads. Yes, he started higher and went down but when looking at past seasons his numbers aren't significantly higher than past BachAU leads and at times the other BachAU leads had better numbers. 

For BetteAU there's a significant ratings difference when they had a celeb lead (Sophie) and Sam Frost who both have the highest ratings above all BachAU seasons and given Bette shows are usually much lower. BetteAU benefited from a celeb lead far more than BachAU.

So I don't buy that a male celeb lead is the main draw for BachAU especially when Nick's season finale ranked 4th out of 6! Also as a celeb I think Celeb Nick hurt the franchise far more than helped it given his finale ratings being in the lower end. If they went that route again with a celeb BachAU I think viewers will be less inclined to watch and as evidenced by Nick's lower ratings as his season progressed. No matter who TPTB choose for Bach AU lead they'll get solid ratings imo  :yes:  

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 46705485_10215673539705406_4203227215464235008_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fcmh1-1
Wiki. Note: Nick's finale ranked 4/6 and not significant ratings difference (like BetteAU has)
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:10 pm

In case anyone needs a laugh, Taite apparently thinks he has a shot at being the next Lead.

Bobette wrote:And here we have it; straight from the horse's mouth.

'They will be over in six months': Bachelorette producer says Ali Oetjen and Taite Radley are heading for a split after he 'went on the show for fame and didn't expect to win'

Ali Oetjen and Taite Radley have portrayed their relationship as picture perfect since The Bachelorette finale aired last Thursday.

But it looks like the couple's romance may not be the fairytale it seems.

A Bachelorette producer told Who magazine on Thursday that Ali, 32, and Taite, 28, will split 'in less than six months'.

According to the anonymous insider, the bank manager only applied to be a contestant because he wanted to be famous.

Apparently, his long-term plan was to place second in the competition, attract public sympathy and then become next year's Bachelor.

'Mark my words, [the split] will be framed in such a way that Ali ended it and that he is the one who is devastated so he can still try to win public support and get The Bachelor gig,' the source claimed.

I'd say giving it 6 months is generous at this point.

Source

Yeah nah.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:12 pm

laugh out loud In Taite's dreams he will be bachelor. Not going to happen. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by handsanitiser Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:52 pm

https://mumbrella.com.au/the-bachelor-finale-attracts-1-241m-viewers-as-nick-honey-badger-cummins-doesnt-pick-a-winner-544392

http://www.adnews.com.au/news/the-honey-badger-secures-best-bachelor-premiere-ratings-to-date

Nick's season as a whole was a winner. Ratings will probably slowly drop year on year as less people watch TV over all, so ratings by season aren't as useful as they once were. Nonetheless he beat Matty J. Winning against everything else that night is super important, and that's what Nick managed for Ten.

They will continue to seek celebrity leads. Not for every season (see: persisting with Ali despite everyone being like BUT WHY???), but they will continue to happen.

Once again I say, I know that everyone here is very, very pro-Todd, but its a bit echo-chambery Smiley When I listen to podcasts, read tweets, hear what my friends are saying, lots are very meh about him. Lots think Taite is really hot! (I don't, but w/e).

handsanitiser

Female Posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:17 pm

Nick's season ratings as a whole were good but they were not ratings gold compared to other bach leads otherwise Nick would have had the top ratings all the way through, especially the ending which they hyped and Nick did not. 4th place for a finale for a celeb lead compared to the others is pretty bad imo.

In comparison especially to Sophie, not she was ratings gold and doubled the ratings. Nick didn't come close to doubling ratings. He was solid but nothing that hasn't been seen with past leads and even Richie beat Nick's finale ratings. 

So for BachAU the ratings show the male lead as a celeb isn't that significant. Not like with celeb Sophie for BetteAU.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:24 pm

It's definitely not echo-chamery at all when the majority of tweets are pro-Todd for bach when it comes to next lead if it is a past contestant, articles for Todd, IG comments, etc. This is not just bias as there's been plenty posted to prove this and I can post more if need be.

I can definitely find negative things too but to say the negativity is the majority or close to a majority response is false imo. Overwhelming, even from Osher who has liked tweets about Todd for bachelor personally encouraged applicants to apply for him, who has more positive tweets out of all the contestants past for next bach lead. Those are just facts and can screenshot the total likes, RTs, articles, radio shows where I've listened to at least 20 in the past week who love Todd. 

Even TPTB with his edit, the crew who comment to him, the Bette IG not to mention the comments from those saying they are applying and already a few people have contacted me and told me they applied for Todd specifically. Definitely may be biased but as even posted in Todd's thread, much of what has been posted about him was actually echoed outside of this forum :yes: (literally Punkee calling him an angel, that the account was a Todd fan account only, the editor for NW mag who got the exclusives posting about Todd and posting about him and in her IGstories too). 

To say it is an echo-chamber here then that is what what I see elsewhere - a majority like him. Minority amount don't. I haven't seen anywhere of a majority saying they want Taite for bachelor  Suspect not even close and that's the discussion here in this thread - future possible bachelor and in this context Todd is overwhelming the favorite in all mediums when it comes to a returnee-contestant as lead imo.  Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 4256136633
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:36 pm

Please no to Taite for Bachelor. I don't find him attractive. That he came on the show for fame isn't exactly a shocker since he is hardly the first and most certainly won't be the last. The fact that he is willing to fake things with Ali...and doing a horrible job at it...just further cements the fact that I don't want him as the lead. Added to that, there are other, more viable options, be it Todd or the hot vet. If they cast him, that would be another season I would be skipping...just like Ali's.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+32
sprout
SpoilerAlert
notarose
NancyDrew
Mommyof2