SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 36 of 80 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 58 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

KJshow - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 36 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by leavers Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:59 pm

Ugh!? Hillsong!? Eww, I am not about that. They are dodgy. I am not into prosperity gospel churches at all.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1345

Back to top Go down

KJshow - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 36 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by mercieme Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:04 pm

leavers wrote:Ugh!? Hillsong!?  Eww, I am not about that. They are dodgy.  I am not into prosperity gospel churches at all.
I actually went through all his pics and tags and didn’t see anything that linked him to Hillsong including his friends. Maybe someone else can find it. His brother and sister in law have their SM on private so I couldn’t peep their IGs to find out more laugh out loud

@Bachbee, I know you were able to find some of Carlin’s friends watching the show together yesterday, so maybe you can weigh in here if you found any connection to Hillsong. Also were you able to confirm that Carlin was not watching the show with his friends yesterday? Asking because we know Angie was in Sydney yesterday so wondering if she is on SHV with Carlin this week....TIA.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:27 pm

leavers wrote:Ugh!? Hillsong!?  Eww, I am not about that. They are dodgy.  I am not into prosperity gospel churches at all.

I agree I feel exactly the same way @leavers.  That would be an immediate deal breaker for me and I really can't see Angie being cool with it either.

@mercieme I was able to find this but when I clicked the link it said the post wasn't available.  Might just be because I don't have Facebook though.

KJshow - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 36 Lb4NYRq

Source

mercieme wrote:
Finch wrote:Sorry, still getting to grips with this latest revelation. @dirtystreetpie, or anyone, how do we know he is associated with Hillsong?
@Finch, in the US series, I would say most of our leads (Bachie and Bette) have come from very conservative states and the viewership is IMO actually very conservative so we are very used to having folks with spiritual convictions on the US series.

Re: The above, this is one of the big differences between AU and the US IMO - our last census showed that our largest religious "category" is having no religion at all.

Also the number of Australians who would associate themselves with an organisation like Hillsong would be quite small.  It's definitely not common to be a member IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:42 pm

@Bobette thanks, I wasn’t able to access the link via FB as well, not sure if that’s an Hillsong music reference that is listed in that link you posted since it has “audio” noted beside it. And yeah thanks for educating me about the Aussie census on religion, I won’t say more because of the forum rule on religious topics Smiley

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:50 pm

@mercieme Yes it seems a lot of the stuff linking Carlin to being an actor has been hidden/deactivated so this is another example.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:06 pm

@Finch, the Hillsong connection was mentioned on a Facebook group I'm on. And his Insta bio features a Christian cross emoji, and he follows Hillsong, HillsongWorship and Brian Houston (the lead Hillsong pastor)
I'm not a religious person, but I have worked with a few people who were involved in Hillsong, and they were all pretty full on about it, so I don't imagine you'd follow that many Hillsong accounts unless you were involved. From the impression I've had of Angie pre show I can't imagine a very religious person blending that well with her. I sense a very problematic hometown if Carlin comes from a religious family....
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Finch Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:07 am

@dirtystreetpie that is nuts. I cannot see how this is going to pan out at all. I'm not sure if it makes me want to tune out or watch to see what happens!
Finch
Finch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:46 am

Finch wrote:@dirtystreetpie that is nuts. I cannot see how this is going to pan out at all. I'm not sure if it makes me want to tune out or watch to see what happens!

When Sean picked Catherine the religious differences were the biggest sticking point in the mind of many because he was know to be very religious and she didn't appear to be. It depends on the people involved and how committed they are to each other and the relationship. It could make for an interesting relationship for the two of them and some fun viewing/sleuthing for fans of the show.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Finch Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:04 am

Angie is clearly anti- homophobia as per her instagram and hillsong are from my understanding homophobic. And thats just one example of possible values clashes. I'm not saying couples should hold all the same values and beliefs but I do think this makes them a very unlikely couple, particularly long term
Finch
Finch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:27 am

Finch wrote:Angie is clearly anti- homophobia as per her instagram and hillsong are from my understanding homophobic. And thats just one example of possible values clashes. I'm not saying couples should hold all the same values and  beliefs  but  I  do  think  this  makes  them  a very  unlikely couple, particularly long term

I agree

I already thought he was a counter-intuitive F1 since Angie specifically said she wanted someone funny, weird, quirky, crazy, loves a bit of banter etc and Carlin is none of those things, IMO.  All this just makes me even more sure he wasn't originally planned to be F1 IMO.  

Also I can't imagine TPTB would let an F1 embarrass themselves by serenading her like that (and it must have been bad if they played OTHER MUSIC over the top!).  That kind of thing is usually reserved for contestants TPTB only cast for comedy or novelty value IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:51 am

Finch wrote:Angie is clearly anti- homophobia as per her instagram and hillsong are from my understanding homophobic. And thats just one example of possible values clashes. I'm not saying couples should hold all the same values and  beliefs  but  I  do  think  this  makes  them  a very  unlikely couple, particularly long term

Yes, they are anti-SSM.  There is also a lot of reasonable doubt about whether they have sheltered pedophile pastors; certainly Brian Houston's dad, the founder, has been accused of such. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/19/sex-abuse-victim-pursues-hillsongs-brian-houston-over-crimes-of-his-father  It's a mess and not an organisation I'd ever want to have anything to do with.  Note: it's not about the religious belief itself I have issues with, but the organisation as an entity.  I absolutely cannot see Angie wanting to have anything to do with anyone from Hillsong.  

Also...  bahahahaha https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/the-bachelorette/bachelorette-villain-jess-glasgow-under-council-investigation/news-story/4c6285c9ffdc23f8b4cb53f12ca37a30

Bachelorette “villain” Jess Glasgow is under investigation for alleged breach of conduct by the Noosa Council after his explosive appearance in last night’s premiere.

In a statement, the Noosa Council said the Office of the Independent Assessor was investigating the councillor, who had been open to Angie Kent about his intentions to run for mayor.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1345

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:03 am

I only know a little bit about Hillsong but from my understanding there are branches and people within the church who are homophobic and there are others who are very open and accepting, just like pretty much every church imo. I can’t think of a single religion that doesn’t have homophobia (and a ton of other problematic sh*t) but I know a lot of religious people who differ from their churches and their religion when it comes to lgbtq rights. I don’t think it’s fair to label him a certain way when, unless I’ve missed something, he hasn’t actually shown himself to be anti lgbtq. Jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 80 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 58 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+39
dolcimumma
mbl
Norcalgal
Vjeff
Just Looking
Kas_256
xostargirlxo
Myachardydayz
ReneeM
Finch
Kindnesscounts