SELECT CONTENT

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RIP - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion

Post by umngirl Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:39 pm

Best move he can make is staying off Twitter and not reading comments on Instagram.

I also totally understand how he’s having a hard time watching an ex move on quickly. That’s a very real feeling many experience and it does suck.

I guess I just understand where he’s coming from while also understanding that Kaitlyn is doing what’s best for her by moving on. Basically I don’t think he’s some horrible guy that is completely heartless like I’ve seen him accused of being on social media.

RIP - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion - Page 2 87b72b10 RIP - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion - Page 2 86669110 RIP - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion - Page 2 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

RIP - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion

Post by Alanna Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:41 pm

I think he’s extremely manipulative and a complete narcissist. Honestly feel kinda stupid I was such a big fan.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:48 pm

I don't think he's some horrible guy but I do think it's crappy that he admitted the Nick situation was always in the back of his mind. For 3 1/2 years he felt that way? Wow. I can't believe I actually thought he got over it.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:53 pm

@bluwavz I think it's a cop out. I don't buy it. Way to shift blame, Shawn.

RIP - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion - Page 2 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:59 pm

He didn't have anything (literally nothing) to say about her or their breakup before she got a man so I don't wanna hear a damn thing from him now. He should stick to talking about the fans, that seemed to be his priority before.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:24 pm

I want to hear his perspective on their relationship. 

I don’t find it unusual for someone to not be able to fully trust after learning their partner has repeatedly had sex with someone else. Some people have the capacity to wipe the slate clean but some people just can’t. I wouldn’t be able to but understand that some are able. 

Not a Shawn fan; not a Kaitlyn fan. I just find the topic of how people build trust or what cannot be navigated interesting.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by islandgirl1 Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:29 pm

So Nick is now the cause of two bachelor break-up RIP - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion - Page 2 3806527698 Anyway, I think Shawn is no prize.

islandgirl1

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:44 pm

notarose wrote:I want to hear his perspective on their relationship. 

I don’t find it unusual for someone to not be able to fully trust after learning their partner has repeatedly had sex with someone else. Some people have the capacity to wipe the slate clean but some people just can’t. I wouldn’t be able to but understand that some are able. 

Not a Shawn fan; not a Kaitlyn fan. I just find the topic of how people build trust or what cannot be navigated interesting.
Here's the thing, Shawn chose to go on a show where the person he's dating is also dating other people. Shawn knew before he proposed, that she had slept with Nick, he chose to propose anyway. So he doesn't just get to pull out the 'she had sex with Nick' card almost 4 years later because his feelings are hurt that she dared to move on after he basically shoved her out of his life. Jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:47 pm

I agree. I don't think it is the fact that she slept with Nick that is the issue per say...or if it is, it is the least of the issue. I think the issue is that she did it so gleefully...and that she did it on national tv, before the schedules FS!!!...all conveniently recorded for posterity. She then also made it seem as if she was always into Shawn and how dare Nick suggest otherwise...and yet Shawn could see that that wasn't the case and that she was the instigator. I think that eroded the trust between them before they even got going. Yah, the hot hormones dampened his thinking down for a while, but after the first flush of sex was over, his brain turned back on and that alpha male instinct just could not get over it. It was always there for everyone to see and I don't doubt that people reminded him. I thought the same with Andi and Josh. It's one thing to know your partner was with others before you or even cheated with you, but it's whole other issue to have it televised. Much harder to put it out of your head and move on. I know people say that F1's can compartmentalize it because they are not really in a relationship yet or that is how the show works, but I have always felt that is much easier said than done.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:53 pm

And if the nick thing bothered him so much, fine, just breakup with her. Why string her along if you know you need a pure as the driven snow virgin for your eventual marital bed? I think it’s all just BS at this point because he’s so bitter she’s not crying over him any longer and is happily with another man.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by timfan Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:01 pm

He thought she would still be pining away for him is he not already supposed to be seeing someone even quicker than kaitlyn finding someone else he has turned out to be a real jerk
timfan
timfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:06 pm

ReneeM wrote:

Here's the thing, Shawn chose to go on a show where the person he's dating is also dating other people. Shawn knew before he proposed, that she had slept with Nick, he chose to propose anyway. So he doesn't just get to pull out the 'she had sex with Nick' card almost 4 years later because his feelings are hurt that she dared to move on after he basically shoved her out of his life. Jmo.

@ReneeM When he proposed he was still enthralled. Despite the fact that she said she told him everything, I think it is one thing to have it explained to you verbally (and we don't know how she did it and how much she played down her own behaviour), and to actually see it playing out on national tv for everyone to see and then have to answer all kinds of uncomfortable questions in interviews. Yeah, he could deny watching all, but their own parts, but I never bought that. He knew it was out there and I could see it playing with his head.

As for bringing out the Nick card now, we always find out stuff after break ups. I think it was always there, they just downplayed it publicly because, well, what else is there to do? Privately, I think it was a different story. I don't doubt that his feelings are hurt that she moved on so quick. She always made it seem he was the love of her life and now IMO she is deliberately throwing Jason in his face. It's a bit of tit for tat on both their parts. Neither are blameless.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion

+28
Opal
veg_out
albean99
Chgohighlife
sbolduc