SELECT CONTENT

Colton Underwood & Cassie Randolph - Bachelor 23 - Discussion

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bachelornation - Colton Underwood & Cassie Randolph - Bachelor 23 - Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: Colton Underwood & Cassie Randolph - Bachelor 23 - Discussion

Post by Jolena Thu May 14, 2020 2:01 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
Jolena wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:I like the fact that an announcement has not yet been made. They’re very respectful of each other. That will serve them well in the maintenance of the fan bases they’ve worked so hard to build and communicate with these past months. I’m not going to feign surprise because I watched his entire season. You don’t always get what you want. All IMO.

Announcement as in "breakup" or as in " yes , we are still together"  I'm confused. Does anyone have any info that hasen't been put out there yet?  TIA  

Announcement as in “breakup”. That’s what’s being discussed. Many are giving the couple the benefit of the doubt until an announcement is made. There is no announcement or, “proof”, either way. People are intentionally being left to wonder without confirmation from the couple. I think that’s wise but, I’m not wondering. I watched the season and saw the trepidation in her that I have always believed was (temporarily) alleviated by the adoration of their fans and by him. The lifestyle, the travel, the fame has to be intoxicating. I don’t think we collectively attribute enough behavior to those factors. We want to believe in love. I do wish them both happiness. All IMO.

I hope it's only a glitch in the road for them ., but I have noticed that Colton just dosen't look happy lately, imo he has a sadness in his eyes. I thought it might be the aftermath of being so sick but maybe it's not. IDK. I do believe if there is a break up that it was Cassie who initiated it and doubt it was mutual because from everything I've seen he is still head over heels for her. jmo I guess when they are ready we'll know something either way. jmo

Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

bachelornation - Colton Underwood & Cassie Randolph - Bachelor 23 - Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: Colton Underwood & Cassie Randolph - Bachelor 23 - Discussion

Post by Chgohighlife Thu May 14, 2020 2:32 pm

Cassie is focused on her education and career in spite of all the distractions. I really admire that about her though I think a clothing line is a bridge too far for her. She’s mostly a fashion “don’t” without the required image for a fashion maven, IMO. 
Colton seems to be a bit of a dreamer, chasing the spotlight, IMO. He was once a pro baller and that’s a difficult adjustment when it doesn’t work out. It brought him a tiny bit of BN attention but, IMO he’s not going to make money on his book so what is his business plan? Anyone know?

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Thu May 14, 2020 5:52 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:Cassie is focused on her education and career in spite of all the distractions. I really admire that about her though I think a clothing line is a bridge too far for her. She’s mostly a fashion “don’t” without the required image for a fashion maven, IMO. 
Colton seems to be a bit of a dreamer, chasing the spotlight, IMO. He was once a pro baller and that’s a difficult adjustment when it doesn’t work out. It brought him a tiny bit of BN attention but, IMO he’s not going to make money on his book so what is his business plan? Anyone know?

Why isn't he going to make money on his book? TIA
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu May 14, 2020 5:58 pm

Does anyone know how the book is doing?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Thu May 14, 2020 8:02 pm

Sprite wrote:Does anyone know how the book is doing?

It was a NewYork Times Best Seller .
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Thu May 14, 2020 8:12 pm

Jolena wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:Cassie is focused on her education and career in spite of all the distractions. I really admire that about her though I think a clothing line is a bridge too far for her. She’s mostly a fashion “don’t” without the required image for a fashion maven, IMO. 

Why isn't he going to make money on his book? TIA

He will and has !
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu May 14, 2020 8:47 pm

Out of 260 Canadian rating's on Amazon it's a five star. Better than any of the other Bachelor books.

https://www.amazon.ca/First-Time-Finding-Looking-Reality/dp/1982139382

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Thu May 14, 2020 9:46 pm

Colton has sold books to BN like everyone else. He is not well known outside the franchise, same as everyone else. BN is a very tiny subset of the reading public required to make money on book sales. The reviews are mixed. There is a good mixed and honest sample on the goodreads.com site, page one. 

On Amazon he has less than 400 reviews and the book is almost $10 off 6 weeks in. 
On Barnes and Noble’s site his book is sales ranked at #6,143. 

We can agree to disagree about what making money is. IMO his book will be on the $5 table before the end of the summer. All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Fri May 15, 2020 9:52 am

"NYT Bestseller" in what categories? Most releases by a major publishing house end up on a category list as "bestseller" due to the bulk purchases, promotional campaigns, launch lists, etc. that essentially make this achievement (being on the category-level list for the launch week time frame) a mathematical function of the launch activities.

Authors don't get rich on that level of stimulated buying. Authors get their advance.

He was fortunate to have enough of a platform to get a publishing deal, and the promotional deals that come with that. What happens next starts to test how broad is his appeal, how current, the quality of the book - would anyone tell someone to read it, etc.

I haven't looked at the book. Maybe it's the bees knees, and will hold a place versus the usual collapse after the promo/launch runs its course.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Fri May 15, 2020 12:12 pm

Colton yesterday donated his convalescent plasma at the Children’s Hospital of Denver. I am so happy for him that this will help other people. He is such a awesome guy !
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri May 15, 2020 2:28 pm

jlccaz wrote:"NYT Bestseller" in what categories? Most releases by a major publishing house end up on a category list as "bestseller" due to the bulk purchases, promotional campaigns, launch lists, etc. that essentially make this achievement (being on the category-level list for the launch week time frame) a mathematical function of the launch activities.

Authors don't get rich on that level of stimulated buying. Authors get their advance.

He was fortunate to have enough of a platform to get a publishing deal, and the promotional deals that come with that. What happens next starts to test how broad is his appeal, how current, the quality of the book - would anyone tell someone to read it, etc.

I haven't looked at the book. Maybe it's the bees knees, and will hold a place versus the usual collapse after the promo/launch runs its course.

@jlccaz
Thank you for sharing your industry knowledge and facts. 
For the record, I paged through Colton’s book in the library. I did not read it. I wouldn’t. I am a reader who requires an author to have language facility, complex thought and depth. This book demonstrates a stunning lack of all three. It surprised me because I always found Colton to be reasonably articulate. 
It has a very narrow potential audience due to its limited appeal. All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri May 15, 2020 8:49 pm

whit90 wrote:Colton yesterday donated his convalescent plasma at the Children’s Hospital of Denver. I am so happy for him that this will help other people. He is such a awesome guy !

That was one of the first things he said after he got better. He wanted to help others. Considering all he has done for his charity, it's only fitting he would want to help others since he knows what it's like to fight COVID.

Looks like he's having fun with the new pup and getting some good outdoors fresh air.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Colton Underwood & Cassie Randolph - Bachelor 23 - Discussion

+61
umngirl
Dutchy23
suzq
jlccaz
nuts2uiam