SELECT CONTENT

DWTS - Potential & Confirmed Contestants - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS - Potential & Confirmed Contestants - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 Empty Re: DWTS - Potential & Confirmed Contestants - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by pavalygurl Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:11 am

@albean99 laugh out loud. I don't "dislike" Gronk but he is a thorn in the side of my team. From the cast listed, I think Hannah should be able to last awhile based on what I'm thinking her dance skills are. I haven't checked on the new voting system yet.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

DWTS - Potential & Confirmed Contestants - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 Empty Re: DWTS - Potential & Confirmed Contestants - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by emiusacska Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:59 am

albean99 wrote:Gronk's pretty likable also, @pavalygurl.  I’d never vote for a Patriot, though.

I can’t imagine Spicer will be any good. I feel for the dancer who draws him.

I'm like you as a huge Warrior fan normally I wouldn't even vote for Lamar but I read his story and feel for him.
emiusacska
emiusacska

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:30 am

albean99 wrote:Gronk's pretty likable also, @pavalygurl.  I’d never vote for a Patriot, though.

''

@albean99 why would you think Spicer wouldn't be any good? Just asking as I'm curious and know nothing about his dance or athletic background.

Last edited by Doats on Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:42 am

IMO Val is the best possible choice for Hannah. He can give her a Rumer or, Normani experience and add to her votes because he has a huge fan base of his own. He is tough, for sure but, he can help her win because he’s amazing as a teacher and a very strong, fluid lead who can also choreograph to her strengths. In that special and valuable skill, Val is 2nd only to Derek, IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:05 am

Doats wrote:

''

@albean99 why would you think Spicer wouldn't be any good? Just asking as I'm curious and know nothing about his dance or athletic background.

No real reason but the political figures on the show up until now have done pretty badly. I guess we'll see about Spicer but have my doubts that he's going to be a good dancer. This is what he said previously about going on the show:

In 2018, he said during a town hall promoting his book that he would not be appearing on the show. “Zero on the rhythm,” he responded. “I wouldn’t do that to the viewers.”
Source

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:37 am

Wonder what made him change his mind...? Are they paid even for their first week on ?
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:10 pm

Astrobach wrote:Wonder what made him change his mind...? Are they paid even for their first week on ?

Yes and for every week they manage to stay. Apparently the most they can make is $360,000 if you win the trophy but, they get $125,000 for the first rehearsals and first two shows. After taxes, a short stint is hardly worth the embarrassment, IMO.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:43 pm

Interesting cast like every season.. Looking forward to watching Hannah, Lauren Alaina, and Kate Flannery since I loved her character on The Office. They will get most of my votes. Kell Mitchell and the football player seem like they might have some dance improvement every week, not sure about Lamar Odom or Spicer guy though.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

DWTS - Potential & Confirmed Contestants - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 8367-910 DWTS - Potential & Confirmed Contestants - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 I_got_13 DWTS - Potential & Confirmed Contestants - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 E5kqdm15 DWTS - Potential & Confirmed Contestants - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11960

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:45 pm

Spicer admits he can't dance but he plans to have a good time trying.

IMO Tom Bergeron was wrong in putting out his tweet about the politicizing of the show. His joke about the crowd size on the reveal was just that... a joke. Nothing wrong with that. But his tweet revealed behind the scenes information that should be kept quiet. I can't imagine TPTB are very happy about that because he slammed them in that tweet as well. He may be the host (and I do enjoy him as host) but he is not an exec producer. If he wants that much say in who gets cast, he should move himself up the chain. At this time he is just another employee and has no say in casting decisions.

IMO, there are other controversial members of this cast as well. Namely Ray Lewis and Lamar Odom. They should be thanking their lucky stars that Spicer is taking the heat off of them!

I watch these shows for entertainment not hearing the political leanings of any participants or hosts. Even Spicer has said he has no intention of mentioning politics because there is much more to him as a person than politics.

I think back to Derek Hough and his defense of Ryan Lochte when several protesters stormed the stage. In an interview afterwards he said this "This is a safe place for people to learn a new skill and seek redemption or start a new chapter in their life" (quote is longer but this is the relevant part).

What Derek said is what the show has always been about to me and many other people. Tom inserting his opinion has now changed that for me. I had planned on not watching this season but when I saw the cast, I was thinking about watching. Now I'm back to not caring and it is not because of Sean Spicer.

IMO

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:12 pm

I LOVE DWTS so much, none of those irrelevant jokes, contestant past misdeeds, political leanings, bad jokes, etc matter to me, at all. For me, it’s a dance competition. I want to see great dancers progress to the next round, creative routines and beautiful costumes.

The rest, I do not care about. All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:01 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing how Karamo Brown does. I like him on Queer Eye.

It should be interesting to see how this season turns out with the new format. I'd prefer to see someone win who has a natural talent improve as the season goes on. Of course there's always those who outstay their welcome just because they're popular. I hope they're really going to be able to tweak the system so that it's fair to all.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:44 am

@albean99 I A it's not fun for me to see someone who doesn't deserve the votes get higher marks than someone else who is more deserving.

Have they announced what the new voting format will be?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS - Potential & Confirmed Contestants - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+34
notarose
Jeepers
pikake
chasus71
gurlbrit