SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Australia - Season 3 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 77 of 82 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 82  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor In Paradise - Australia - Season 3 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 77 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Australia - Season 3 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Astrobach Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:22 pm

@Genevieve Australia I agree to a point about the editing, but surely the PRODUCING was at fault as well when they decide to corner people ( usually women) in a ‘ dramatic ‘ position - I.e. Renee, Alisha, Brittney) - the only guy they abuse in true form is Jamie, and he is one that I agree should NOT be part of such environment.
A lot of these guys are seen doing and saying things that are objectionable and don’t need much editing IMO. They just keep highlighting these over the more normal and healthy / loving ones that the audience would most likely prefer anyway.
As far as the legal issue, I don’t see anything really beneficial coming out from anybody suing, especially if their role was clearly voluntary and accepting. Like the bad boys Ciarran, Timm, Jamie who wouldn’t leave on his own, or Cassandra, who seems to like to play the game until some ugly stuff she does is exposed.
I think most of these contestants are extremely NAIVE in thinking THEY will have any power over their image and the consequences of the show’s manipulation.
But they flock in for the perks and rewards, only voicing discontent when it ‘hurts’ their self image. Rolling Eyes
JMOAA
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor In Paradise - Australia - Season 3 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 77 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Australia - Season 3 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by ReneeM Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:29 pm

Astrobach wrote:-snipped- I never watched Ritchie’s season and when I do I’ll be prepared now when my jaw drops at her incisive comments.
JMOAA

In terms of AU villains, I think Keira tops the list. Just a really nasty person imo. Sad that in the years since Richie’s season and watching herself on TV now 3 times, there’s been no self reflection & growth.

As for the people complaining about their portrayal, I’m not moved. TPTB have definitely taken some artistic liberties with the editing but I also don’t feel they’ve overall misrepresented anybody.

All jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:06 pm

ReneeM wrote:
Astrobach wrote:-snipped- I never watched Ritchie’s season and when I do I’ll be prepared now when my jaw drops at her incisive comments.
JMOAA

In terms of AU villains, I think Keira tops the list. Just a really nasty person imo. Sad that in the years since Richie’s season and watching herself on TV now 3 times, there’s been no self reflection & growth.

As for the people complaining about their portrayal, I’m not moved. TPTB have definitely taken some artistic liberties with the editing but I also don’t feel they’ve overall misrepresented anybody.

All jmo.

Regarding the topic of edits that has come up because of contestant complaints: there was a fantastic AMA a few months ago with a reality producer who said that yeah, things get edited (of course, they have ridiculous amounts of raw footage). But they never give bad edits to people who don't deserve them, it's always for a reason.

But I can say, she didn't get the best edit either. Not that there was a lot of good to show but most of her edit was negative and dramatic. And I can tell you why... she was rude to production and the crew. For anyone who wants to be on reality television... always be kind to production. I can't tell you how many shows will give a person a raw edit, only because they were a pain in the azz to work with. And how many people get protected because they are close to production.

She also said regarding ITMs, when they're filmed, and why some are clearly not at the same time:

During filming and after filming. Majority are done during filming, so that everything is fresh in our minds and their's. But interviews are also done after wrapping when the show is being edited, so their narration can fit in seamlessly and help weave together the story.

Here it is https://www.reddit.com/r/jerseyshore/comments/fjqnsc/ama_i_was_a_story_and_field_producer_for_jersey/ - the reason I know about it is because she also worked on earlier seasons of the US Bachelor so people mentioned it at the time on the Bachelor sub as well.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1345

Back to top Go down

Post by ule101 Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:28 pm

I just saw Niranaga's IG story about the editing on the show. Does anyone know who he's talking about.

ule101

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:34 pm

ule101 wrote:I just saw Niranaga's IG story about the editing on the show. Does anyone know who he's talking about.

I said in the other thread I would be willing to bet Cass. The post seems to be directed at either Cass or Keira as they are the only ones complaining about edits.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:52 pm

Matt is on a flight this morning as per his ig stories.  I checked the aircraft number and it's a flight to Darwin. Becoming more convinced Matt and Renee are still together.

bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor In Paradise - Australia - Season 3 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 77 PdutVau

Source

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:24 am

@Agent99 Yeah! Good sleuthing... I’ll check out her stories...!
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:28 am

@Agent99 Oh wow I didn't realise the NT borders had reopened.  Would Matt be allowed to be so open about flying there?  Maybe TPTB don't care now that we're so close to the end, and/or want all the couples together for a live zoom chat after the finale? no idea
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:03 am

Bobette wrote:
Genevieve Australia wrote:Keira said that she has had some work done after BIP and that she likes filters and will continue using them, and she won't hide that!

Understatement of the century there from Keira.  laugh out loud She's had a TONNE of work done, since her first appearance on Richie's season when she looked like this:

bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor In Paradise - Australia - Season 3 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 77 Zf1ZjcE

Source

She seems to think altering her external appearance will make her an attractive person but you can't fix an ugly personality with surgery, botox or filters, IMO.  

And the fact that she STILL uses IG filters after thousands of dollars worth of cosmetic procedures tells me she will probably never be happy with herself.

It's quite sad really.  She was raised in a cult which I'm sure didn't help.  I agree TPTB should screen out people with serious mental illness, for their own sake.

Yes, Keira has had a lot of work done not just after BIP. I think she admitted to all that. I agree with you, being raised in a cult in which his father had multiple wives must have had an enormous impact in her life. I think she is very insecure, and the way to hide it is for her to be brusque. I remember years ago an interview she had on The Project, she was trembling, in tears remembering those days, the trauma is still there, so I don't wish her bad . I hope she has  therapist because a lot of those issues could be addressed (albeit not necessarily solved) by going to weekly therapy, which I am sure she can afford. IMO she confuses confidence with impoliteness. Anyway, I just thought I would let you know why she looks different  again...she keeps changing her appearance, she still looks like a relatively 'normal' person (the filters make her look like a doll and weird), but having surgical procedures can become addictive and can end up very badly. I hope for her own sake she stops soon because there is no way back.

Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor In Paradise - Australia - Season 3 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 77 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:13 am

ReneeM wrote:
JMOAA

All jmo.

I think Cat and Rommy were the worst, Cat was eliminated twice, the worst bullies ever, at least that is how they are seeing in Australia, they were never able to build a following. Keira was far more likeable during the first BIP and she gets along with many contestants, during Ritchie's season she had initially issues with Alex (not those issues are solved) and with Kiki, and you see how well they get along now. This time yeah, the drama was ridiculous but she has obviously calmed down because you know see her relaxing in groups and she was the one encouraging Brittney to approach Jackson. She also told Ciarran that Renee was his ex. I think Keira and Alisha had the issue but in the recent episodes you can see them in the background conversing. She may have a difficult personality but she doesn't come across as a person who hold much resentment. The producers wanted 'Queen Keira' to bring drama and she gave them that the first two nights.

She was also interviewed recently about Jarrod and Sam and she did not have a bad word to say about Sam, in fact, the opposite. A lof ot things Keira said she says as a joke. She is not a nice person but she is super super close friends with some of the kindest 'celebrities' in Australia. Khanh Ong, for example, a very beloved ex-Masterchef contestant, adores Keira, and Khanh has had very traumatic experiences since he came to Australia as a refugee, and they seem to be almost best friend, so IMO Keira is not inherently a bad person. I just think she is too cocky, has self-esteem issues, she is brusque and also egotistic. What appears as narcissism, IMO are her insecurities and she needs to be surrounded by very empathetic people, she probably opens up to them that way. It is sad though, I am so pleased to have the family I have because most people do not grow up like Keira did: in a cult. I don't judge her as badly because of that, the other ones have no excuse to be nasty.

All IMO

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor In Paradise - Australia - Season 3 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 77 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:19 am

Vjeff wrote:
ule101 wrote:I just saw Niranaga's IG story about the editing on the show. Does anyone know who he's talking about.

I said in the other thread I would be willing to bet Cass. The post seems to be directed at either Cass or Keira as they are the only ones complaining about edits.

I am pretty sure that post is not about Keira, it is about Cass. Keira really likes Niranga and was sending him kisses while he was standing there. Cass is another story. If you watch again the last two episodes, Keira has given the producers already almost all the material they needed to create drama with her so now they have stopped focusing on Keira. Now, it is clear that Keira has been hanging out with people, even with Alisha, you can see them in the background just chilling and talking, I am not saying they are friends, but they are all more relaxed, so the have moved on from Keira  to Cassandra and Ciarran (who do deserve the criticism IMO). Keira is not creating drama now.  Keira Renee intervened to defend Renee's right to go out with Matt.  Keira is also the person who encouraged Brittney to go and talk to Jackson, which  Brittney did right after, and Keira also told Cassandra that her decision to give Jackson a rose was controversial. I think Keira has calmed down now. She is like Alex says: different people at different times; her personality fluctuates. IMO Keira has a difficult personality but she can show empathy, whereas I don't think Cass has shown much or any empathy at all, and there is only so much that editing can do. I recollect Cass saying that she couldn't pronounce Niranga's name, so Niranga must be referring to her. Poor Niranga! I really like him! Cass comes across as a really nasty person, I try to avoid using epithets to refer to contestants because I don't know them personally, but not everything is edited to that extreme, I agree.

Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:37 am

Genevieve Australia wrote:
Vjeff wrote:

I am pretty sure that post is not about Keira, it is about Cass. Keira really likes Niranga and was sending him kisses while he was standing there. Cass is another story. If you watch again the last two episodes, Keira has given the producers already almost all the material they needed to create drama with her so now they have stopped focusing on Keira. Now, it is clear that Keira has been hanging out with people, even with Alisha, you can see them in the background just chilling and talking, I am not saying they are friends, but they are all more relaxed, so the have moved on from Keira  to Cassandra and Ciarran (who do deserve the criticism IMO). Keira is not creating drama now.  Keira Renee intervened to defend Renee's right to go out with Matt.  Keira is also the person who encouraged Brittney to go and talk to Jackson, which  Brittney did right after, and Keira also told Cassandra that her decision to give Jackson a rose was controversial. I think Keira has calmed down now. She is like Alex says: different people at different times; her personality fluctuates. IMO Keira has a difficult personality but she can show empathy, whereas I don't think Cass has shown much or any empathy at all, and there is only so much that editing can do. I recollect Cass saying that she couldn't pronounce Niranga's name, so Niranga must be referring to her. Poor Niranga! I really like him! Cass comes across as a really nasty person, I try to avoid using epithets to refer to contestants because I don't know them personally, but not everything is edited to that extreme, I agree.

I totally agree with you as she has not said one nice thing this whole time! It is not surprising that she doesn't have any Instagram followers compared to the others as there is not a lot to like there.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 77 of 82 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 82  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Australia - Season 3 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+40
bachie.bachie
Emayem
ule101
bachabacus
atem