SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Page 29 of 59 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 44 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thebachelorettenz - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 29 Empty Re: Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Post by Bobette Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:29 pm

Damage control has officially commenced on the Bette NZ Instagram.  Lesina and Lily are putting on a united front and assuring people it's all good.  

I'm still looking forward to watching the rest of the season, but I think TVNZ will have lost a lot of viewers by the way they've gone about this.

thebachelorettenz - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 29 AOXBJlH

Source

If they were set on the idea of two Bettes they should have brought them both in at the start IMO, so it doesn't look like Lily is taking anything away from Lesina.  

Introducing her in the way they did - and the whole "teams" thing - was just such a bad idea.  They already had Daryl the Spy - they didn't need this twist IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

thebachelorettenz - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 29 Empty Re: Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Post by Astrobach Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:44 pm

@Bobette Yep! As I said yesterday, lots of viewers are turned off and back pedaling now is on too little too late probably.
In that story, it’s very obvious again that Lily is emphasizing the ‘ bromance ‘ with her TV girlfriend ... that’s NOT helping IMO, Lily! People are NOT as interested in what friendship developed between these 2 women, as they are of some form of  romantic connection with the men. That’s why we watch, not the ‘ team ‘ spirit. It shows to me how Lily’s approach was diametrically opposite Lesina’s and the result and conclusion will speaks for itself. Lily is very young and despite her experience with all the TV and traveling, her natural spontaneity and impulsivity takes over and it’s clashing with the show’s premise in this case IMO.
I still like her, don’t get me wrong, but this whole idea was and is a very bad one to start a brand new chapter of a very successful and established franchise.
JMOAA

Last edited by Astrobach on Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan44 Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:51 pm

I was wondering what the sponsors thought . . . and interestingly youchoosenz on IG posted 7 days ago a pic of two roses stated "Who would Youchoose?"  (Sorry can't insert screenshot, hopefully someone else can for me!)
So they let loose the secret last week, and are obviously totally on board for the format

Jordan44

Female Posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:58 pm

Lily could've possibly made a good bachelorette for a future season but to start off with this twist or whatever you call it it's is not something that would inspire me to want to watch. I agree with one of the posters above that people watch the show to see the love story and romance between the lead (the lead they were promoting for weeks leading up to the show) not to pin two girls against each other , especially two that are so different in bio's . JMO
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan44 Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:08 pm

@Jolena Yes how good would two different seasons be, one with Lily and a bunch of crazy young guys on adventures looking for someone to have some fun with, and another with Lesina more romance and marriage type spin.
Regardless of how it ends (such as Lily bowing out so Lesina can have her choice, or her choosing no-one) won't matter much, it's the point that the boys get to choose, and have teams, how is that empowering women? And very poor choice of word 'bromance'

Jordan44

Female Posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:14 pm

Totally agree with all of the above - they should have kept them separate; both would have been good seasons in their own right IMO, despite (or even due to) the fact that the Leads are so different.

@Jordan44 Yeah the sponsors... and also how do the guys feel?!  It's like Lesina's saying "it's fine because I didn't want any of Lily's boys anyway!" Just such a really weird approach, esp for Season 1.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:18 pm

oops, wrong thread

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:53 pm

Daily Mail up to their usual tricks using my screenshots in their article.  Anything else I can do for you DM; make you a hot beverage perhaps?   Rolling Eyes

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7957745/New-Zealand-makes-history-having-TWO-Bachelorettes-not-everybodys-happy.html

Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:18 am

Jordan44 wrote:I was wondering what the sponsors thought . . . and interestingly youchoosenz on IG posted 7 days ago a pic of two roses stated "Who would Youchoose?"  (Sorry can't insert screenshot, hopefully someone else can for me!)
So they let loose the secret last week, and are obviously totally on board for the format

Credit: @YouChoose

youchoosenz
Are you tuning in to TVNZ 2's The Bachelorette New Zealand tonight? roseroserose YouChoose by Heartland Bank. Lending criteria and T&Cs apply.
#YouChoose #heartlandbanknz #thebacheloretteNZ

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7zcEqdDAyk/

Bobette wrote:Daily Mail up to their usual tricks using my screenshots in their article.  Anything else I can do for you DM; make you a hot beverage perhaps?   Rolling Eyes

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7957745/New-Zealand-makes-history-having-TWO-Bachelorettes-not-everybodys-happy.html

They have so many ad's on their site it takes forever to scroll around, I don't have any patience. What did they take?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:58 am

@GuardianAngel - Just some of the screenshots of IG comments I posted upthread.  

I can tell they're mine because the cropping is identical and some emoji's don't show correctly on my computer (see e.g. below after the word "goes")

thebachelorettenz - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 29 MmnDpbP

Source

ETA:  Went back to the post to get the source link and there's a whole fresh crop of angry comments.  Won't bother to bring any more over because yikes.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:03 am

AllAboutLove wrote:This is disgusting.
A man’s head being turned and away from the WOC (do I even have to say doctor WOC).
Shame on TPTB and Bette NZ for posting this !  
Absolutely appalling the message being sent.  Makes me cry. The WOC who experience this daily and now it’s some disgusting twisted joke supposedly for entertainment.

thebachelorettenz - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 29 C804aa10
IG bachelorette_nz
thebachelorettenz - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 29 13772f10

So Lily liked the above comment (posted under the appalling meme post which Lily liked as well) about how she herself would make a meme like this.

In response to the comment Lily liked. yes, I am sensitive to images that perpetuate that WOC as less than. Yes I am sensitive to images that use WOC as a joke. Yes I am sensitive to seeing memes that are selling the idea that WOC are not as worthy to look upon. Yes I am sensitive to racial and micro-aggressive tones. Yes I am sensitive to caring more about true feminism and equality that uplifts women especially women of color and doesn’t see using them as a meme as funny (which is toxic and privileged and the reason it’s not funny is because it’s punching down towards a racially marginalized group). And I am glad that I am sensitive to this. I am glad that I care about the images that are being shown to young women of color matter and that they matter and shouldn’t feel made to feel less than or that they’re a meme or a joke. Being sensitive to how media and images are used to promote and perpetuate how young women of color see themselves matters. So for that I am glad I am sensitive.

Lily could learn a thing or two about using her privilege for something better than liking a post that disregards a WOC and makes the emphasis on herself as “better” than. I am highly disappointed in Lily. There’s no excuse for liking that comment and thus implying she herself agrees she’d make a meme like this and people are too sensitive. The privilege and audacity to even think this way. Blows my mind. So much for “girl power” and whatever else she’s trying to sell. It’s horrible. Jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:00 am

@AllAboutLove I’m with you there. She shows again her immaturity and privileged perception. Many say she is ‘ so much more mature than her years’. Sorry, I don’t see that very much. She is goofy and authentic and unrehearsed, which may be refreshing in the world of reality TV. But maturity is NOT the first quality that I would attach to her. She has made already some off the cuff insensitive comments and after seeing her on the 4th episode, can tell it’s gonna be ‘ rock and roll’ with her on board. Now her tweets or likes for Timm start giving a very different taste.
hmmm
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 59 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 44 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

+27
greentoolcat
Kels0012
jen689
just me
Karina
sdmom
quick_dry
Andie H
Katiebelle
atem
notarose