SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Page 30 of 59 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 44 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TheBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 30 Empty Re: Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Post by Bobette Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:19 am

Damage control continues...

Bachelorette NZ bosses react to race row as viewers question why 'brown girls can't have anything of their own' after Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster was sidelined by 'white woman' Lily McManus in SHOCKING plot twist

The Bachelorette NZ bosses have spoken out for the first time about a controversial decision that left fans of the show fuming and sparked a racism row online.

Last month Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster, 32, was introduced as the show's bachelorette but there was a surprise twist on Sunday's episode when Lily McManus, 22, was brought in as a younger alternative.

In a lengthy statement released on Monday, broadcaster TVNZ denied any wrongdoing, and said: 'Rather than pitting the women against each other, this season brings in a real friendship we think viewers will be excited to see.'

The statement read: 'The Bachelorette NZ focuses on two strong, successful women, with 3-4 episode a week the season can explore both Lesina and Lily's stories, and they'll be there to support each other through the trials of modern dating.'

The network went on to clarify that the 'shock' twist was planned with Lesina and Lily prior to filming and that only 'with their collaboration did we move ahead'.

At the time, some viewers welcomed the change, while others said it was disappointing that Lily had stolen the spotlight from Lesina, a woman of colour.

Source

'It's a shame': Lily McManus speaks out on double-Bachelorette backlash

Second Bachelorette Lily McManus has spoken out about social media comments arguing the show's new format had taken the spotlight off a woman of colour in a leading role.

"It's quite a shame, because myself and Lesina are great friends and all I want to do is lift her up - that's all the show is about.

"It's not about upstaging anyone as we're not in competition with each other, it's as simple as that. We just want to empower each other, so it's a shame people aren't seeing it that way."

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

TheBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 30 Empty Re: Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Post by Jordan44 Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:15 am

I've done a bit of a u-turn on the whole dual bachelorettes, so here's my thoughts.
Firstly hi TPTB : )

When I look at my list of who I think gets eliminated first based on IG post and other stats, it matches with team Lily being elminated first, then those boys who are neutral and then those who are on team Lesina left at the end.
So I'm thinking (and hoping as a way of redemption) that Lily is only there to get rid of those boys who are not really interested in Lesina. I could imagine Lily being on board for this. As for there being such young bachelors, I think TPTB just took anyone who applied, after all previous seasons struggled to find enough applicants.
Here's my exit list : ) in case you interested!
Dominic - Team Lily
Conor - Fence
Daryl - Spy
Jessse - Lily
Flynn Lily
George Fence
Terence Lily
Glenn Fence
Johnothan Fence
Liam   Fence
Steve Lesina
Tavita Lesina
Marc Fence
Quinn Fence
Logan Lesina
Aaron Lesina
Kurt Lesina

Jordan44

Female Posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan44 Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:19 am

@Astrobach I agree, I understand how she makes good TV but zero maturity : / , I wonder how the deaf foundation are reacting?
I really hope it's all another plot twist and she's not really a Bachelorette, but just there to eliminate the party boys for Lesina!

Jordan44

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:25 pm

Could someone insert the two recent articles in th UK Daily Mail about this series of the Bachelorette and The NZ Herald also. It is saddening to note that the discussion in these articles about this series has developed into one about racism. I have forgotten how to insert them

Karina

Female Posts : 942

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:18 pm

I read somewhere that Dr Lesina had answered a message that someone put on one of her SM pages and she said " I promise you it all ends well" or something to that effect . When I read it i thought either she is trying to save face for the producers since the fans aren't happy about it and they don't want viewership to fall or like a poster above said maybe Lily is only there to weed out the playboys for her. Time will tell.
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:07 am

@Bobette Emoji sleuther! laugh out loud That's so funny!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:41 am

I beatingheart Vaccines cake literally made me LOL. TheBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 30 3806527698

TheBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 30 LhIlrzw

TheBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 30 BQ7vvyV

TheBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 30 KYlrKuj

TheBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 30 O8eI04E

TheBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 30 EMunPMZ

TheBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 30 34fvPb5

TheBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 30 PwwwLjZ

Also Kurt's is the only one to get two pics JUST SAYIN'.

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:44 am

TheBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 30 3806527698 nice catch on the two pics for Kurt.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:26 am

Actually I just noticed Dom's also has two but the challenge was totally rigged anyway IMO - Conor's cake was far better but no one wanted SQT with him, poor guy.  laugh out loud

ETA: Can't see Lily being allowed to post this is Aaron were F1 (and it's a bit insensitive if he's F2).  

Hmmmm...  Suspect

TheBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 30 OBCzM0j

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan44 Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:38 pm

The meme of Jesse, Lesina and Lily has disappeared from all SM sites, damage control, might be a little too late though looking at the drop in Bette IG followers

Jordan44

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:33 am

Fist for all of us @Genevieve Australia - NZ has never had a season of Bachelorette before.  yes

I was quoting Bobette, I don't know how to edit it because I messed up my quote . @Bobette It looks like I have missed a lot of news already and the show has already started! I will have to read all the posts here to have a clearer picture of what is going on! I am lost and I do not like to opine without information!  There are two bachelorettes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  it seems deliberately contrived and distracting :S How are you enjoying it, Bobette?

Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:43 am; edited 2 times in total

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg TheBachelorNZ - Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 30 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:58 am

@Genevieve Australia Hey! Good to see you here, I was telepathically summoning you to come by this thread, giggling
Yes, go read from the start otherwise it’s gonna be a little too confusing !
À bientôt!
high five
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 59 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 44 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

+27
greentoolcat
Kels0012
jen689
just me
Karina
sdmom
quick_dry
Andie H
Katiebelle
atem
notarose