SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 29 of 66 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 47 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 29 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Sprite Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:53 am

@rosefun Thanks for your thoughts. Maybe that is the reason that I don't mind. I rarely get invested in a season and I had no preconceived notions about Angie before the show since I had never watched her on Googlebox.

My favourite part about both these seasons...discovering Googlebox!!! Love it.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 29 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by rosefun Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:16 am

just catching up on posts here and reading back to page 22, sorry, I hope its ok to go back a little, and contribute some….

The topic of Angie and Carlin's use of IG stories with their public IG grid looking like selling with little to no relationship loved up stuff.
I would add that I think they’ve been quite greedy to fans of the show too.
Yeh sure stories are the new go, basically great in keeping followers engaged, while still being able to tag and sell, and encouraging people to follow to see what’s happening. But I totally see that other couples did share their ‘loved up’ activity with public social media posts after their final aired. Going through past couple’s posts even now you can see them generously still sharing a lot personal content on their IG public grid. IMO, bottom line is that Carlin and Angie’s behaviour on IG has almost screamed ‘if you don’t follow us on IG, (and help build our IG following) you wont see us loved up’.

The topic of Angie and Carlins heavy marketing
Interesting to see that after the comments here about it, Daily Mail did a story on it (see source) AND the couple posted untagged posts and more personal relationship posts to their IG public grid, not unfair to surmise that they or their publicist read the criticism 😉
------------------------------------------------

Just Looking wrote:@Genevieve Australia yes, I understand people being suspicious, especially after Honey Badger and now Matt/Chelsie.   I feel that the show format etc has changed since the earlier ones
@Just Looking I understand and respect your point, but honestly for me… Carlin and Angie do not compare to any other couple… I respect Honey Badger for not choosing someone to flog his book or raise his exposure. He copped the anger for it too but to me it showed some integrity. And as for Matt and Chelsie, well for me it is just sad what has happened there and I respect Matt too for his honesty and not faking it until he scored a gig, raised his profile further etc etc.  

catsamber500 wrote:
I also agree that they are the real deal, and I saw their connection right from the beginning of the Bachelorette. Right now they seem to be enjoying each others company and having a good time together.  I don't see any evidence they are "faking" it. JMO

IMO I think most of the negative reports (which all seem to stem from New Idea), are coming from the angle that Angie made the wrong choice and should have picked Timm, the fan favourite.  Therefore, since she picked the wrong guy she can't possibly be having a real and happy relationship and is just faking it for the fame and to increase her profile and book sales.  

Anyone who goes on the Bachelor/Bachelorette is looking to increase their profile IMO.  Doesn't mean that they can't find love as well.  The two aren't mutually exclusive.
@catsamber500, I think you’re right in saying that some people are probably reacting to Angie not choosing Timm… but not me, I was actually hoping Angie would pick Carlin or the ‘doggy guy’, and hoping she wouldn’t pick Timm  (or any of my favs… Jackson , Alex, Ciarran…).

I noticed that there haven’t been any updates for 5 days on the fan page that you kindly shared https://www.instagram.com/carlinandangie/ . Do you think the page has gone dead or haven’t they posted recent stories to their followers?.

BTW, @catsamber500 I like your posts, I think you’re quiet a honey in how you post… I saw where you apologised to someone about the wording of one of your posts and you edited it (p27). I’ve not seen that type of politeness & fairness from any of us on this thread and just want to say kudos to you, I hope you keep contributing.

reading the recent Daily Mail article 'Angie Kent finally sets record straight split Carlin Sterritt'

Wowzers the comment section really shows skepticism is still alive & strong.
I don’t normally read the comments b/c they’re often just nasty idiotic or positive shilling imo but I nodded at the bulk of them this time.

Daily Mail - Angie Kent finally sets record straight about split Carlin Sterritt
(I don’t know how to insert the article but this is the guts of it and I’ve put the link is at the bottom)

"Bachelorette Angie Kent and Carlin Sterritt have been the subject of split rumours since they first got together on the reality show.  On Sunday, Angie, 29, told The Daily Telegraph: 'We definitely haven't split.''There's been a lot of rumours that we've split or that I've been with someone else or he's back with his ex-wife - it's not true!'… the pair had arrived back from a loved-up trip from Vietnam, with Angie sharing a series of snaps hinting at trouble in paradise. Alongside a gallery of four holiday snaps taken at The Anam Hotel in Khánh Hòa, she wrote: 'Ahhhh. All good things must come to an end…” As Angie's followers scrolled through their Instagram feeds, the bittersweet first line of her caption looked suspiciously like a breakup announcement. But she was just referring to the fact their first holiday together had come to an end. She continued: 'I'm talking about the holiday before any of y'all decide to jump on that wild a** rumour mill... we just gettin' started @carlinsterritt."

Just some observations about the article:

1. "Angie told the media".....
has me questioning whether she approached them for the story or they her.
I've suspected that Angie and Carlin, or their publicist, have possibly fed a lot of the stories to the media b/c of how 99% of media coverage tied into Angie’s debut book in the first week of the final airing. Also a lot of mention of Carlin's gym and franchise. It just felt like a plug at times. The only thing that surprised me with this article, was Angie’s book not getting a mention (cynical me, thinks maybe already finished their tick list and hit the estimated million target, and just happy to plod along with book signing now)

2. Angie’s IG post reads like click bait, as shown in the article, and the reaction from her follows supports that opinion too.

3. Why is Angie bothering to talk to the media to defend their romance anyway.
Why not just get on with the ‘romance bliss’ and ignore the negative, like other romantically successful couples would do imo. Also, its interesting that she didn’t actually talk about the main rumours and suspicion, ie it's staged/fake... because even reading the comments, its easy to see that that's the strongest rumour/sentiment.

SOURCE 1-Daily Mail
SOURCE 2 Daily Mail

edit 1- to include names @ catsamber500 and @ Just Looking
edit 2- to correct statement that Angie approached the media herself

Last edited by rosefun on Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:22 am

Sprite wrote:@rosefun Thanks for your thoughts. Maybe that is the reason that I don't mind. I rarely get invested in a season and I had no preconceived notions about Angie before the show since I had never watched her on Googlebox.

My favourite part about both these seasons...discovering Googlebox!!! Love it.

thats great about you discovering and loving Googlebox @Sprite yes Yep good point about not getting invested. Really I'm probably just having a tad vent and will probably laugh at myself later for doing it, but I really appreciate the opportunity to post and have my wee vent . cheers Smiley
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:10 am

rose fun wrote:...snipped
Interesting to see that after the comments here about it, Daily Mail did a story on it (see source) AND the couple posted untagged posts and more personal relationship posts to their IG public grid, not unfair to surmise that they or their publicist read the criticism 😉

Yep.  It was literally the very next day after I went on a massive rant and posted screenshot comparisons with past couples illustrating the stark contrast.  Coincidence?  Me thinks not.  

But whatever the outcome now, its been the worse series ever for me. I feel like I’ve spent my time watching Angie morph from a persona of being the relatable and the average goofy girl with a sometimes funny/sometimes mean Insult type humour on Google Box and Twitter, into a persona of a Model Celebrity pursuing wealth and fame.

And I completely agree with the above.  I'll be interested to see if Angie reverts back to her prior persona when she's done promoting her book and this 'relationship' has run it's course.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:47 am

rosefun wrote: snipped ...
BTW, I like your posts, I think you’re quiet a honey in how you post… I saw where you apologised to someone about the wording of one of your post and you edited it. I’ve not seen that type of politeness & fairness from any of us on this thread and just want to say kudos to you, I hope you keep contributing.

This is a lovely thing to say to someone that you may not agree with. I believe you are referring to Genevieve Australia. Thank you for taking the time to be a supportive board member.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:46 am

Bobette wrote:

Yep.  It was literally the very next day after I went on a massive rant and posted screenshot comparisons with past couples illustrating the stark contrast.  Coincidence?  Me thinks not.  

But whatever the outcome now, its been the worse series ever for me. I feel like I’ve spent my time watching Angie morph from a persona of being the relatable and the average goofy girl with a sometimes funny/sometimes mean Insult type humour on Google Box and Twitter, into a persona of a Model Celebrity pursuing wealth and fame.

And I completely agree with the above.  I'll be interested to see if Angie reverts back to her prior persona when she's done promoting her book and this 'relationship' has run it's course.
@Bobette I dont reckon you were ranting at all, more like a perceptive observation and quite factual imo. I think you did a great job with the screenshots and giving examples and support to what you were saying. Yeh which persona will probably depend on which opportunities she's chasing imo. I didnt realise until a few weeks ago just how much study angie has given to the industy (you probably know from your pre-show sleuthing).
-Bachelor of Creative Industiries InterdisciplinaryDrama / Television
-Multiplatform short course Multiplatform film making
-DiplomaScreen and Media
etc
LINKEDIN source
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:03 am

Norcalgal wrote:
rosefun wrote:  snipped ...
BTW, I like your posts, I think you’re quiet a honey in how you post… I saw where you apologised to someone about the wording of one of your post and you edited it. I’ve not seen that type of politeness & fairness from any of us on this thread and just want to say kudos to you, I hope you keep contributing.

This is a lovely thing to say to someone that you may not agree with. I believe you are referring to Genevieve Australia. Thank you for taking the time to be a supportive board member.

@Norcalgal thanks very much, I really appreciate you saying that to me.
No I definitely didnt mean Genevieve Australia (sorry Genevieve). I was writing it to @catsamber500. I'll edit my post to make it clear who my words were for. Also @Norcalgal it's a good opportunity for me to say... huge respect and thanks to you and the other moderators who have needed to step in at times to keep this thread on track etc.
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:12 am

rosefun wrote:@Bobette I dont reckon you were ranting at all, more like a perceptive observation and quite factual imo. I think you did a great job with the screenshots and giving examples and support to what you were saying. Yeh which persona will probably depend on which opportunities she's chasing imo. I didnt realise until a few weeks ago just how much study angie has given to the industy (you probably know from your pre-show sleuthing).
-Bachelor of Creative Industiries InterdisciplinaryDrama / Television
-Multiplatform short course Multiplatform film making
-DiplomaScreen and Media
etc
LINKEDIN source

@rosefun Thank you Smiley

Yes, Angie knows the industry well.  She worked in production/marketing for years and she and Yvie have direct links to Bach producers - that's how they got cast for Gogglebox (as mentioned in this interview)

It will be interesting to see where she goes from here.  I can't see her going back to being perceived as dorky/relatable unless she admits she's been putting on an act which wouldn't sit well with the public IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised to see her team up with Mamamia in some way - guest columnist or similar - there's things going on behind the scenes there IMO.  But for now it seems to be all about book sales and shilling.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:39 am

@rosefun I do appreciate your opinion, but where does it say that Angie approached the DT? It just says she spoke to them.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:43 am

snipped...
Bobette wrote:
@rosefun Thank you Smiley

Yes, Angie knows the industry well.  She worked in production/marketing for years and she and Yvie have direct links to Bach producers - that's how they got cast for Gogglebox (as mentioned in this interview)

It will be interesting to see where she goes from here.  I can't see her going back to being perceived as dorky/relatable unless she admits she's been putting on an act which wouldn't sit well with the public IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised to see her team up with Mamamia in some way - guest columnist or similar - there's things going on behind the scenes there IMO.  But for now it seems to be all about book sales and shilling.
@Bobette I wouldnt be reading Mamamia if that happened. I think I've become to tainted with my bs radar now and what I see as dishonesty in painting it all as being so genuine. Maybe me being harsh but right now I feel the best that has come out of the season will be the contestants on BP.
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:58 am

rosefun wrote:snipped...
Maybe me being harsh but right now I feel the best that has come out of the season will be the contestants on BP.

Yep, agreed.  None of the contestants ticked all the boxes Angie said she was looking for in a partner IMO so I think most were cast with BiP or other roles in mind.  It's like they didn't even bother to find her a proper match IMO, other than maybe Ryan.

Angie's whole season just felt half-baked to me.  Filmed entirely in NSW, contestants dropping like flies, no strong connections with anyone IMO, and a totally non-sensical FRC (seriously, who calls someone their soulmate and then picks the other dude..? dizzy )  

IMO she's now backed herself into a corner by ending up with an F1 who doesn't fit the image many people (rightly or wrongly) had of her as being a funny, goofy girl next door.  She'll either need to rebrand herself or split and admit it was a mistake IMO.

ETA:  Yeah nah sorry I really can't see Carlin "veging out and playing beer pong" with the Kents - that wouldn't fit with the sleek image he's put so much effort into crafting for himself IMO.  A few sponsored, ephemeral IG stories are more his style.  Rolling Eyes  

Bachelorette Angie Kent reflects on her year and looks forward to spending time with 'family and friends' at Christmas - but doesn't mention boyfriend Carlin Sterritt after he was forced to defend their relationship

Angie Kent took to Instagram on Tuesday to reflect on her year and reveal her Christmas plans.

Alongside a photo of herself looking pensive, the 29-year-old wrote: 'What a year! Not long now until I can full veg out 'Kent style' and celebrate the year that was!

'Sleeping, eating, dranking and lots of loving with friends and fam. Counting down the days until 'The Infamous Kent Boxing Day Beer Pong Championships' begins.

She concluded: 'You all ready for this? I love Christmas time so much it hurts my Christmas gut!'

Although she mentioned friends and family, Angie did not refer to her boyfriend and Bachelorette winner Carlin Sterritt.

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:30 pm

Agent99 wrote:@rosefun I do appreciate your opinion, but where does it say that Angie approached the DT?  It just says she spoke to them.
@Agent99 fair call, I’ll amend it to reflect more accuracy and opinion. cheers
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 66 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 47 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify