SELECT CONTENT

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 58 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by Diana Fri May 22, 2020 11:44 am

Her silence on this issue that she created while others get so much ugly hate shows a total lack of empathy and compassion and I don't understand.

Rachel nailed it when she said if you brave enough to say the N word on camera, be brave enough to apologize on one.

Just disappointing and selfish. Apparently she's only interested with being and supporting "strong empowering women" when she's the "victim"

All JMO
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 58 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by Astrobach Fri May 22, 2020 5:47 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
Amethyst wrote:@Chgohighlife, I agree that Hannah should have handed this off immediately to a PR person that specializes in crisis management. I'm at a loss as to why she wouldn't do this.

As for celebrity hero worship, I've seen it happen before. I think there is something in human nature that wants to put people on pedestals. If you say anything even mildly negative (and there's *always* some minor flaw or another) about someone's hero, watch the claws come out. You would think we'd all know this, being reality TV fans, but some people just don't want to hear it.

Hi @Amethyst
Good to see you. I think something happened between Hannah and her management company and she fired them. They are no longer in her bio. I said many pages ago that the firm she was with was too huge and they were paying zero attention to her. I think perhaps she did reach out to them but, they just flipped her a suggestion instead of taking care of her. 
Crisis management is crucial to sustaining popularity and image. At the same time, she has fans most people wouldn’t want and she should take a chance on losing them by taking a stand against racism. Clean house. What 24 year old needs their filthy baggage? It hasn’t served them well and it won’t serve her well, either. All IMO.

I have been observing this whole new MESS of an episode in Hannah’s life and have to say I’m incredulous at the very poor handling of this situation. Any proper and competent crisis management solution is based on the fact that TIMING is key in preventing more damages that would be stemming from staying silent. In not issuing clear and rapid communication to all her fans and the general public, she has made matters infinitely worse and most likely affected her ‘brand‘ negatively.
I agree that she seems reluctant at best, to let go of the necessary load of fans and people who have shown by their posts and reactions to be racists or fanatical. By not cutting the cord, it highlights the hypocritical stance she has taken on other controversial subjects, be it religion or sex related. It creates a mistrust of her real values and how deep this lack of awareness possibly run, from her cultural and family environment

GuardianAngel wrote:
mercieme wrote:snipped...

I believe in the saying, to whom much is given, much is expected. I hear what you are saying about
Hannah not being responsible for her fans but you realize that during the Gigi saga, Hannah did an IG story asking her fans that they should not bring other women down to uplift another one. So if she had the mindset to do that back then, what’s stopping her now from doing the same in this situation. There is an HB fan page ran by a teenage African American girl that idolizes HB. I would post screen caps of the vile / hateful comments  that HB’s middle aged fans that should know better sent this girl but I can’t strike out the offensive words, folks even said to this young girl that they would not have followed her account if they knew she was a N*****. For at least the sake of these young fans, HB needs to call off her rabid fans IMO. I read though that the younger fans on tik tok are not standing for this and actually speaking up on HB’s tik tok page compared to her IG page that supposedly is infiltrated by her middle aged rabid fans. That the younger generation gets it gives me hope & encouragement for the future, all jmho.

I had to read this a couple of times because I couldn't believe what I was reading.

I totally agree with the bold. In her half azzed apology she said she would "do better". I'm not sure what that means because if you have to "think" about not using racist words, there is a problem right them. However, she isn't "doing better" by doing nothing to tell her racists fans to stop. JMO

TY for the facts.

I totally agree and as I said above, the more she is reluctant to ‘ clean up ‘ her fan base, the more we see her real values. Is she really holding on and delaying exposing them in fear of displeasing THEM? Her integrity is demonstrated by her decision to either silently condone them or expose and ban them. So far, her choice seems to be - reminding me of her own indecisiveness in her season - to weigh in and examine every detail of whatever action she should take, and what would benefit her most. And she ends up literally paralyzed by the fear of doing the wrong thing and then gets behind the excuse of anxiety, which she actually created by not ACTING or at least asking for PROMPT resolution to experts. Add to the emotional toll that she is feeling and it’s a ticking bomb gone wild. She sure likes to learn the hard way IMO.

Diana wrote:Her silence on this issue that she created while others get so much ugly hate shows a total lack of empathy and compassion and I don't understand.

Rachel nailed it when she said if you brave enough to say the N word on camera, be brave enough to apologize on one.

Just disappointing and selfish. Apparently she's only interested with being and supporting "strong empowering women" when she's the "victim"

All JMO

Very disappointing indeed and it’s sad to watch it going down like this.

JMOAA
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggoneit Fri May 22, 2020 6:14 pm

I believe Hannah has a PR team. I also believe that she was prevented from going live with Rachel.
I am not saying that I agree with it, i just think there was a reason there was a plan and then a reason she did not follow through.
Have stayed out of all of this, because it has wrecked me. Sad on all fronts.
I am going to hang in there and believe that there is a plan that will have more impact for the conversation about race - giving her the benefit of the doubt....maybe that is more important than saving face in the heat of the moment.

Doggoneit

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Fri May 22, 2020 6:42 pm

The amount of righteous indignation expressed by so many because of Hannah's actions is incredible, IMO. Regardless of her SM followers, HB just isn't that influential IMO.

As a POC I'd hope that those same BN folks, reality tv bloggers and others would speak out against racially repugnant treatment by those far more influential and important than HB. My POC husband, bi-racial son and I are waiting to see them step up for Charlamagene The God and give HB a rest. All IMHO.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilo Fri May 22, 2020 6:48 pm

FLChica wrote:The amount of righteous indignation expressed by so many because of Hannah's actions is incredible, IMO. Regardless of her SM followers, HB just isn't that influential IMO.

As a POC I'd hope that those same BN folks, reality tv bloggers and others would speak out against racially repugnant treatment by those far more influential and important than HB. My POC husband, bi-racial son and I are waiting to see them step up for Charlamagene The God and give HB a rest. All IMHO.
what do you mean by she is not influential

Ilo

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri May 22, 2020 7:20 pm

Doggoneit wrote:I believe Hannah has a PR team.  I also believe that she was prevented from going live with Rachel.  
I am not saying that I agree with it, i just think there was a reason there was a plan and then a reason she did not follow through.
Have stayed out of all of this, because it has wrecked me.  Sad on all fronts.  
I am going to hang in there and believe that there is a plan that will have more impact for the conversation about race - giving her the benefit of the doubt....maybe that is more important than saving face in the heat of the moment.

No crisis management team will ever recommend what Rachel suggested even though I know Rachel is earnest and smart and has the best intentions. 

When you handle an issue this ugly - you must be the face on camera and the words have to come out of your mouth and the contrition must be in your eyes. The only time you would have another person on camera would be if you are married in which case your spouse would sit next to you, holding your hand and showing earnest support without saying a word. You cannot afford a wild card and complicate the overall issue by adding unrelated persons/personalities into the mix. 
All IMO
Hi @Doggoneit hi

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Fri May 22, 2020 7:36 pm

I'm sure this has been a horrible week for Hannah and a disappointing week for the people that she has offended. I believe she will eventually come out and make things right
. We don't know how this has affected her , hey for all we know it's possible that she could even be in a hospital or sick in bed. No one knows her mental state from all of this , Maybe she's been crying a lot and dosen't want to go live or do an interview with anyone in person just yet. I'm just saying we don't know why she hasen't done anything more since she put out that statement the following day so we'll just have to wait and see., but I do believe the girl has a good heart and will say something more . JMO
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4293

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri May 22, 2020 7:48 pm

Jolena wrote:I'm sure this has been a horrible week for Hannah and a disappointing week for the people that she has offended. I believe she will eventually come out and make things right
. We don't know how this has affected her , hey for all we know it's possible that she could even be in a hospital or sick in bed. No one knows her mental state from all of this , Maybe she's been crying a lot and dosen't want to go live or do an interview with anyone in person just yet. I'm just saying we don't know why she hasen't done anything more since she put out that statement the following day so we'll just have to wait and see., but I do believe the girl has a good heart and will say something more . JMO

@Jolena
I agree 100%. IMO she has to be severely disheartened by so MANY people she knows criticizing what was said and by extension, registering negative comments about her. I know if I were Hannah, Tyler’s comments would have sent me to a dark bedroom for a few days at least. Then when I awakened, I would have plotted a time and a place to kick Nick’s as* even though his comments have merit. 
But, that’s just me.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Fri May 22, 2020 8:37 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
Jolena wrote:I'm sure this has been a horrible week for Hannah and a disappointing week for the people that she has offended. I believe she will eventually come out and make things right

@Jolena
I agree 100%. IMO she has to be severely disheartened by so MANY people she knows criticizing what was said and by extension, registering negative comments about her. I know if I were Hannah, Tyler’s comments would have sent me to a dark bedroom for a few days at least. Then when I awakened, I would have plotted a time and a place to kick Nick’s as* even though his comments have merit. 
But, that’s just me.

I think Tyler was once again very supportive of Hannah and so was his BFF Matt. I don't see anything in Tyler's comments that would have sent her to a dark bedroom so I'm not sure what your referring to, unless I missed something.
Jolena
Jolena

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri May 22, 2020 8:49 pm

My empathy lies with the people that have to put up with this BS every day of their lives 24/7 and not with Hannah who is comfy cozy at Mom and Dad's who I'm sure is giving her all the sympathy in the world. I would think she has access to all the help she needs.

People who are constantly affected by racism are limited to getting assistance for life long abuse from racists.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri May 22, 2020 8:51 pm

@Jolena
I read Tyler’s comment presented very negatively while on a conference call and came away with the wrong impression. You are right and I’m glad you pointed it out because more than any other contestant in the franchise, I am a Tyler Cameron fan.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Fri May 22, 2020 9:15 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:@Jolena
I read Tyler’s comment presented very negatively while on a conference call and came away with the wrong impression. You are right and I’m glad you pointed it out because more than any other contestant in the franchise, I am a Tyler Cameron fan.

All good Chgohighlife. I'm a Tyler fan too, I think he is a good person, and a good friend, he seems to be that" rock" for friends and family and reaches out to help others as well., he has a hugh heart even when his is being broken, and the cherry on top is he just so happens to be a cutie too. Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 58 4256136633 of all Bachelor leads and contestants , he's my favorite of all time . I think he has his head screwed on straight & has a lot on his plate right now jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

+77
CHO
iamreal2u
River57
Ilo
Idlemess