SELECT CONTENT

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Page 61 of 80 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 61 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by notarose Sat May 23, 2020 1:30 pm

I listened to the latest epi of Scrubbing In. They started the pod with a conversation of the HB situation. Apparently some fans were making POC on the SI Facebook page feel unwelcome. Becca and Tanya made it clear that that would not be tolerated and that the perpetrators were welcome to unfollow. Both said they welcomed a healthy sharing of views and discussion but ultimately their goal was that the page be a safe place for everyone and that they preferred quality over quantity.
IMO this is an example of leadership. It also illustrates what has become a domino effect infecting the SM of several BN and how a straight forward approach can be used to address it.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 61 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by Minney Sat May 23, 2020 2:00 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:@Minney
The people you named for your panel have no credibility in that discussion space, period.  The WORST thing that could happen for Hannah is more mismanagement of this issue. CH and LZ? Why, what, how on earth??
All IMO.

Why, what, how on earth? LOL thanks for asking! I also mentioned Rachel. IMO LZ and CH provide a huge platform for this discussion, much larger in scale than podcasts and IG lives. In regards to credibility I'm not sure that Nick, Ashley I., Ben or many of the others in BN that are commenting on it have credibility on this topic either. All IMO.
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Sat May 23, 2020 2:23 pm

Just a reminder (IMO) in no way Hannah the victim in this situation despite her constant need to act like one. JMO
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sat May 23, 2020 2:36 pm

Good luck with the poor, poor Hannah excuse (AGAIN). IMO, this is much more about her number of followers hasn’t moved so, she doesn’t need to. If she lost a couple hundred thousand followers, she’d be back on that screen in no time. So, her BN fans remain, ok. But, is that all she wants out of life? Wasn’t her brand supposed to bring her more than that? Guess not. And guess she didn’t see what happened to Julianne Hough’s career. She may never get back to where she was and she was B-list, not D. 

Forget BN. Get real professionals to direct the solution and handle this issue and move forward. Depression and anxiety are real problems but, not real excuses. All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sat May 23, 2020 2:50 pm

Minney wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:@Minney
The people you named for your panel have no credibility in that discussion space, period.  The WORST thing that could happen for Hannah is more mismanagement of this issue. CH and LZ? Why, what, how on earth??
All IMO.

Why, what, how on earth?  LOL thanks for asking!  I also mentioned Rachel.  IMO LZ and CH provide a huge platform for this discussion, much larger in scale than podcasts and IG lives.  In regards to credibility I'm not sure that Nick, Ashley I., Ben or many of the others in BN that are commenting on it have credibility on this topic either.  All IMO.

The world of BN is her launch not, her life. There is absolutely nothing more BN can do for her so fortunately she seems to realize that little cocoon is not her world. UNfortunately, this particular screw up can create problems for her in the real world. That’s why it needs cleaning up and that is why the BN “family” are definitely NOT the ones to do it. All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Sat May 23, 2020 3:01 pm

alwayscooking wrote:
River57 wrote:I’ve been pondering this blow up since reading about it.  Hannah is not responsible for the many many years of horrible hurt that humans have inflicted on each other. Is Hannah a bit spoiled or a bit full of herself, probably.  However, I have never heard her tear another person down, or judge another person.  Was she being flippant and not taking it seriously when she was called out on live for singing along and using that word? Yes.  Is it habit for her to jokingly blame things on her brother absolutely. She immediately acknowledged that oh no not a word she wants to say.  Her written apology was to the point and no excuses. I also  💯 understand why she did not go live with Rachel L.  Rachel is very bright, but she in the past is critical and I do not believe made Hannah feel safe to talk with.  Also why does Rachel get to choose how Hannah processes this. Hannah singing that word hurt Rachel but Rachel did a lot of damage to Hannah.  Also Hannah I noticed was one of the few people  to post in support of justice for horrible killing of the young man in Georgia. You have seen Hannah be friends with multiple races.  Renouncing any kind of persecution of others is right but harsh judgement and possibly harming a person and her career is not right.  Hannah Brown does not need to be the sacrificial lamb for hundreds of years of the horrors of racism.  I am impressed with both Matt James and Mike.  She should do a sit down with one of them.

I can understand why Hannah didn't talk to Rachel as well.  

I remember when Rachel was at the Finale discussing SM hate and the impact that it has on someone.   Some of the women that weren't even on Peter's season that long were talking about how awful it was.  While, yes, Hannah said something that people were hurt by, but it wasn't said to directly hurt anyone, it was a mistake.    I can only imagine the thousands of comments Hannah is getting right now, and the overwhelming magnitude of it.  She apologized once, and some people want more from her and want that from her now.  Hannah has been open about her depression and anxiety issues and maybe this has been so overwhelming that she physically/mentally can not do it right now.   As Tyler said, "you can either lift someone up or you can tear them down"  I have no doubt that Hannah will come out and address the issue more, but the fact that she hasn't yet, along with Tyler's comments,  makes me think she is in a very bad place right now.
@alwayscooking I have to say that I'm more worried for people like Rachel and other BPOC who have spoken out against Hannah, and who have been continuously called the n word for the last week. I've been reading about people worried for Hannah's mental health, but what about the people her fans have been attacking in her name?

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by wishesfireworks Sat May 23, 2020 3:07 pm

Not sure if this is allowed in here so mods delete if necessary but Ashley posted this on her stories.

https://instagram.com/stories/ashleyspivey/2315484042362206004?igshid=18uqy6srbr3k2

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 61 D3476210

wishesfireworks

Female Posts : 708

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sat May 23, 2020 3:27 pm

Diana wrote:Just a reminder (IMO) in no way Hannah the victim in this situation despite her constant need to act like one. JMO

I appreciate this post.
Lots of conjectures about Hannah and her feelings

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Sat May 23, 2020 3:39 pm

We might have varying views on how HB should/could/would address this but we definitely can all agree that she is NOT a victim, what she did was wrong, how she handled it has been wrong, and no excuses. IMO
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Sat May 23, 2020 4:29 pm

100 percent this. I read this on reddit and think it needs to be shared here (imo).

She doesn’t want to be a role model, she just wants people to admire her.

It's so pathetic

all JMO
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2020 5:13 pm

To me what’s pathetic is that bn people are given any sort of platform. They are, with very few exceptions, merely ordinary people who went on tv hoping to become famous. They’ve done nothing noteworthy, so why do we care about their opinions? We can follow them on sm and enjoy seeing what they do with themselves, but why do we expect anything of them? They are mostly just so damned young. And many aren’t particularly bright. Jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat May 23, 2020 5:23 pm

BlueTone wrote:To me what’s pathetic is that bn people are given any sort of platform. They are, with very few exceptions, merely ordinary people who went on tv hoping to become famous. They’ve done nothing noteworthy, so why do we care about their opinions? We can follow them on sm and enjoy seeing what they do with themselves, but why do we expect anything of them? They are mostly just so damned young. And many aren’t particularly bright. Jmo

:yes: The ones who want to be role models are few and far between...if any. They all want to be admired otherwise they wouldn't have come on the show. Attention and $$$ for posting dumb pictures of themselves so they don't have to work is why they are here. This is the last place I would be looking for role models. JMO

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 80 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

+77
CHO
iamreal2u
River57
Ilo
Idlemess