SELECT CONTENT

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Page 68 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 68 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by Jolena Tue May 26, 2020 8:20 pm

whit90 wrote:^^^ I saw the video clip and sorry I disagree with your post . Hannah was clearly singing the song and even knew the words to it . She clearly was able to skip the F word but kept the N word in it. Then her cousin was trying to make excuses for her and that is when she blamed her brother. I am really tired of people trying to blame others when she is the one that did it and has yet made any effort to make a statement for the others who are getting hated on because they spoke up .

Video clips can be edited. She was mimicking her brothers words. I'm stating what I saw watching it live. I'm not making excuses for her and I specifically stated that in my post.
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4289

Back to top Go down

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 68 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by wishesfireworks Tue May 26, 2020 9:25 pm

Jolena wrote:
whit90 wrote:^^^ I saw the video clip and sorry I disagree with your post . Hannah was clearly singing the song and even knew the words to it . She clearly was able to skip the F word but kept the N word in it. Then her cousin was trying to make excuses for her and that is when she blamed her brother. I am really tired of people trying to blame others when she is the one that did it and has yet made any effort to make a statement for the others who are getting hated on because they spoke up .

Video clips can be edited. She was mimicking her brothers words.  I'm stating what I saw watching it live. I'm not making excuses for her and I specifically stated that in my post.

The video of her using the N word was not edited, it was on her IG live. People had to screenshot her singing it since her live would be deleted for obvious reasons. Also let’s say her brother sang the song before her and used the N word. Do two wrongs make a right? Someone singing the n word in a song doesnt mean you should too. I’m completely missing the point you’re trying to make. Hannah is 25 and knows right from wrong. People need to stop coming up and making up excuses for what she did.

Imo.

wishesfireworks

Female Posts : 708

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Tue May 26, 2020 9:49 pm

I agree. She said it now she needs to woman up and deal with it... Where is the "Beast" at now that she has done something so wrong???? Speaks volumes to me...IMO
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilo Wed May 27, 2020 12:09 pm

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 68 B6ac3610

Ilo

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Wed May 27, 2020 12:46 pm

Has this discussion gone beyond where it needs to go ? It seems the discussion is getting a little rough. Life's too short -- just my thoughts ....
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Wed May 27, 2020 12:47 pm

Ilo wrote:Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 68 B6ac3610

IMO, I find this post from Ashley S, with regard to Hannah is uncalled for and over the top. Hannah saying a word while singing a song does not make her a racist. Hannah did apologize, it may not be to the standards some are expecting, but that's another issue.... calling her a racist is IMO excessive.
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by timfan Wed May 27, 2020 12:51 pm

I do not think it is fair to compare what Hannah did and what happened with the police to that black man which was awfull what happened to him jmo
timfan
timfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Wed May 27, 2020 1:38 pm

Ashley didn't lie JMO
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Wed May 27, 2020 1:53 pm

Ashley’s post is accurate. Imo   She is showing how the levels of racism are different but still racism.  She is not saying covert racism is the same as murder.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed May 27, 2020 2:08 pm

@Ilo,
I agree calling Hannah a racist is excessive but, she isn’t being called that for singing a song so, let’s be real on both sides.
You generally have a max of 72 Hours to write, communicate and manage the narrative that manages the issue/crisis. We’re late. 

A picture is worth a thousand words. Ashleigh must hate Hannah. All IMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed May 27, 2020 2:12 pm

alwayscooking wrote:
Ilo wrote:Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 68 B6ac3610

IMO, I find this post from Ashley S, with regard to Hannah is uncalled for and over the top.  Hannah saying a word while singing a song does not make her a racist.  Hannah did apologize, it may not be to the standards some are expecting, but that's another issue.... calling her a racist is IMO excessive.  

Ashley is 100% right in her post. This explains why and the difference between covert and overt racism. Also, Ashley isn’t calling Hannah a racist in this post. She saying Hannah displayed covert racism. There’s a difference.

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 68 1a4ae210
Source: @ashleyspivey IG story

Last edited by umngirl on Wed May 27, 2020 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 68 87b72b10 Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 68 86669110 Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 68 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed May 27, 2020 2:30 pm

timfan wrote:I do not think it is fair to compare what Hannah did and what happened with the police to that black man which was awfull what happened to him jmo
It absolutely is imo. I can tell you as a black person who was a fan of Hannah’s that seeing the stories of Christian Cooper & George Floyd, my mind immediately made the connection that Ashley’s post did. That downplaying & minimizing behaviours like Hannah’s is what leads to the more extreme instances that we’ve been seeing in the news. Jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

+77
CHO
iamreal2u
River57
Ilo
Idlemess