SELECT CONTENT

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Page 71 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 71 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by Astrobach Sat May 30, 2020 6:56 pm

@bluwavz thanks. I just watched it. She seemed sincere and asked her fans to not defend her and to stop sending hate messages to those who are holding her accountable. Heartfelt and direct, no excuses, but I’m just weary of the - late- timing.
Hopefully she does use this as a stepping stone to educate others now that she has done her own. We’ll see.
JMO
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 71 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by bluwavz Sat May 30, 2020 7:00 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA1C2o0HNMm/
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19214

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sat May 30, 2020 7:06 pm

I thought her apology was really good. I appreciated that it wasn’t about her hurt feelings or emotions, but about specific steps she’s taken to educate herself. I like that she talked about looking inward and not dismissing it as a slip of the tongue but questioned why it would even come out of her mouth in the first place. She told her fans that if they want to support her, don’t defend her because what she did was indefensible, and to stop sending hate to people to people who have held her accountable, then she encouraged them to take the journey with her. Time will tell how sincere it was, but it’s a start.

The live was saved if anyone wants to watch and form their own opinions: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CA1Gvz6nwur/?igshid=dzgup1nobb85

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat May 30, 2020 7:10 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA1Gvz6nwur/
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19214

Back to top Go down

Post by wishesfireworks Sat May 30, 2020 7:11 pm

Didn't watch yet, but not surprising that she finally decided to go live with an apology with everything going on in the USA right now regarding Black Lives Matter. Pretty sure she felt forced to. Highly doubt she would've said anything if the current events in the USA weren't happening. This is all IMO, if Hannah was genuine she woudn't have taken two weeks to make a proper apology. We all know why she FINALLY decided to.

Edit: Currently watching and she said she hired an educator which I absolutely can respect her for.

wishesfireworks

Female Posts : 708

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2020 7:49 pm

Hannah's never gonna be able to make everyone feel satisfied or comfortable with any statements or apologies or actions she's ever going to issue or do. Heck, even before this whole incident happened there were detractors already. She'll have to move past this with any lessons she learned and apply it to real life; just like we do when we make mistakes. We grow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sat May 30, 2020 8:39 pm

Good job.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by wishesfireworks Sat May 30, 2020 9:51 pm

I really hope Hannah has called Rachel to apologize. She owes her a huge apology. Not only did Rachel gracefully offer to help Hannah but Hannah wasted her time by promising her multiple times that she'd go live then chicken out after. Hannah addressing her fans to stop defending her and sending hate to other contestants... two weeks after they've been doing it. What about her fans sending slurs to Rachel? Rating her podcast a 1? Sending threats to Ashley Spivey? Telling Taylor that she's jealous of Hannah because she's white? She could've addressed the hate way sooner, but the damage has already been done to the other contestants. Really sick of everyone coddling Hannah. I just hope she has personally apologized to all these contestants for all of her fans behavior over the past two weeks. All IMO. Sometimes an apology isn't good enough, but at least she made one.. just all JMO. Her comment section is a mess... all white women telling Hannah we forgive you, as if that's the group she hurt.

wishesfireworks

Female Posts : 708

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2020 10:26 pm

i’m glad she finally apologized more fully although quite belatedly. as a white woman it isn’t my place to accept her apology nor to decide if it is sufficient. my hope is she will continue to educate her fans who have exhibited such racist behavior. that seems like a huge opportunity for her to make a difference. in all honesty, i don’t know that i will keep up with her anymore. jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Sun May 31, 2020 12:36 am

Chgohighlife wrote:The next time we are all considering delaying and avoiding a sincere apology for something we’ve said that is hurtful to someone else for any reason, we should just look at how much easier it would have been for Hannah to communicate her message right after this unfortunate event right after it happened. 
Now, not so much.

I agree with you She pisses me off. No one should draw attention to themselves now with all that's going on after that cop murdered George Floyd. How tacky of her. Makes me like her even less. Her words mean diddly squat to me. Way too late for her whining......JMHO..

Last edited by LoveDovez on Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sun May 31, 2020 12:52 am

I thought she did very well with her statement. It was heart felt, contained steps as to how she's educated herself and said she plans to do better. I'm a fan and I am glad she chose to take the time to gather her thoughts and educate herself. What everyone thinks of it is all our own business. But I say, well done.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggoneit Sun May 31, 2020 9:44 am

@pavalygurl I agree. For some, it just won't be good enough and nothing would have been. ( It is just like when some could not accept Garrett's statement about his likes on iG.) I think the most poignant part of it was that she said that if "she had let that slip off her tongue, what had she let slip in to her heart?"
It's a good question to ask yourself.
Valuable.

Doggoneit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

+77
CHO
iamreal2u
River57
Ilo
Idlemess