SELECT CONTENT

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Page 73 of 80 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BLM - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 73 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:32 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:I'm just going to come out and say it, but I am not buying Hannah's interest in BLM.  Instead, I think she is more interested in keeping her followers and felt pressured to make a public apology because she was being slammed.  All jmo.  Suspect

@Mommyof2
When you open your mind in ways it’s never been open before, you go many places, stop, learn and move on. This exploratory period is exciting because so much is new. I’m happy for Hannah that she has the opportunity to experience the growth that comes with learning who she is and where she belongs. 
All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

BLM - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 73 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by Seatee Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:40 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:I'm just going to come out and say it, but I am not buying Hannah's interest in BLM.  Instead, I think she is more interested in keeping her followers and felt pressured to make a public apology because she was being slammed.  All jmo.  Suspect

I don't know if she apologized and is posting about BLM to keep her followers. She has a very loyal and rabid fanbase who was willing to forgive her even if she never apologized and went straight back to posting tiktoks. In fact, I think posting about BLM might alienate some of her fans because I have seen how adamantly racist they were in their comments.

However, I am also someone who needs time to trust a person again after they do something wrong. I'll have to see if she speaks up when #BLM is no longer trending. What she's posting now is a good start, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Seatee

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:10 pm

Ilo wrote:I am disappointed
I thought this is Hannah Brown fansite

Sorry this is her discussion thread, she has a fan forum thread.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
BLM - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 73 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:48 pm

Seatee wrote:

I don't know if she apologized and is posting about BLM to keep her followers. She has a very loyal and rabid fanbase who was willing to forgive her even if she never apologized and went straight back to posting tiktoks. In fact, I think posting about BLM might alienate some of her fans because I have seen how adamantly racist they were in their comments.

However, I am also someone who needs time to trust a person again after they do something wrong. I'll have to see if she speaks up when #BLM is no longer trending. What she's posting now is a good start, but I'm cautiously optimistic.  

IMO the information HB is sharing is educational so I don’t care what her motive is. The more access fans of BN have to information the more possibility of fans taking an interest in thinking about what’s happening in society and about whether they want to be a part of change. I feel the message is the important thing.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:40 pm

@notarose And future actions will tell us if she internalized the message.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5309

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:40 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBCJoYVAcRS/
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:57 am

NFL Emmanuel Acho

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:19 pm

HB continuing to use her platform to educate, accept responsibility for her mistakes and reject any defense for those mistakes. Over 759,000 people viewed Acho's video through Hannah's IG. Keep it up, HB.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:08 am

I like her IG Live with Michelle from Privilege to Progress yesterday. A lot of people were telling her to let Michelle talk but I think since it's Privilege (Hannah pre-N word) to Progress (Hannah post-N word) it is rightly so that Hannah talks about her ignorance and how if she didn't utter that forbidden word, she wouldn't have known what she now knows. We don't have to have been in the same situation as her but they mentioned a lot of events that are not in any school curriculum. I attended primary and secondary school outside the US, so I can claim ignorance too on what the Black community has gone through over centuries. What I know of slavery and Civil Rights, mostly I learned from movies. It's time to be educated on Black History.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:44 am

@FLChica @2ndcampbell I'm sure where Hannah grew up had a big influence on her using the N word, while hesitating to use the F bomb. It's hard for someone like me to believe that people could be so ignorant but then someone comes along and proves it's true. I was raised to think gay people shouldn't marry as that was a privilege only a man and woman held. Well, I've been educated to now believe differently - and have happily attended wedding celebrations for same sex couples. People can and do change. I hope Hannah is one of them.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5309

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia_Leoni Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:31 pm

One thing I can respect is when people are open to learning.

I personally feel that that's what makes a difference. It's not to deny what they said or did is wrong. It doesn't mean that the people they had wronged need to like them or forgive them.

But, to me, trying to understand better is a step forward from not acknowledging it at all. Or defending their behaviour.

Hannah did not deny it. She walked the walk of trying to understand why she got the backlash she did. I can respect that.

Mia_Leoni

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:11 pm

Hannah's live with From Privilege to Progress. She said it best herself, so I don't have to repeat all the things already written before. Good for her and I hope she continues to broaden the horizons.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 73 of 80 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

+77
CHO
iamreal2u
River57
Ilo
Idlemess