SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 80 of 80 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TheBachelorette - Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 80 Empty Re: Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Norcalgal Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:45 pm

@gabriele You are technically correct about the use of cast in both present and past tense. I've found over the many years I've been on this board, that grammatical conventions differ in English speaking countries and many of our members have a first language other than English. As the daughter of a real stickler for grammar, spelling and punctuation, I have learned to ignore the transgressions and focus on the meaning, content and sleuthing. That's what I'm here for.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

TheBachelorette - Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 80 Empty Re: Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by happygolucky Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:15 pm

I don't know much about Clare, saw her only a bit skipping through winter games, mostly I've just heard of her and so I don't have a positive opinion of her, but neither do I dislike her. And I don't find her as "problematic" as many other contestants or past leads. Is she "mature enough" when it comes to relationships? I'd guess not. But is any of us really? I mean, most people would probably need some sort of therapist to learn how to communicate with certain people, myself included.

So hearing these rumors about "her being difficult and not wanting to do what a lead is supposed to do" that some find immature of her I understand differently.

A lead is supposed to do what TPTB want her/him to do when it comes to whole cast. Meaning... choosing the contestants that go "further" for the show purpose, not for the lead's benefit (it conditions who gets a date and which/when). The lead has usually already 1 or 2 viable options chosen at the beginning, but the rest is up to the storyboard of "interesting characters" per TPTB's choosing.
And I am inclined to believe in that aspect Clare wasn't willing to cooperate and keep the guys who she didn't want to keep and therefor she was making the producers' job difficult, because she wanted to send home "the Corines, Ashleys and Peters and Lukes" before their storyline served purpose. Add to that the possibility of being visibly not interested in other guys and I'm sure the producers were asking for the change to happen. And I also agree with @mbl ... I think TPTB were scraping their heads how to rectify the new season with already announced white lead in the moment when blm movement demans more inclusivity. All for the optics, not for some moral stance.
And I think their own desperation of not being able to play with people's lives like the usual pushed them to change the lead and then cover their own always-shady business with Clare "difficult" rumors, that as any good crafted gossip sticks, no matter the truth. And once again they are in charge and control the narrative and play with the lives. Nothing ever changes.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:10 pm

Norcalgal wrote:@gabriele You are technically correct about the use of cast in both present and past tense. I've found over the many years I've been on this board, that grammatical conventions differ in English speaking countries and many of our members have a first language other than English. As the daughter of a real stickler for grammar, spelling and punctuation, I have learned to ignore the transgressions and focus on the meaning, content and sleuthing. That's what I'm here for.

I completely agree @Norcalgal. I taught English just out of my undergraduate and am picky about grammar and usage. Feel you are completely correct re: first/second languages but would also toss in the sneaky keyboards that produce typos and the ever malevolent spell check that "corrects" words we never intended. laugh out loud

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:23 pm

@Norcalgal thank you. English is not my first language, and sometimes I don’t feel I can completely express myself, and I don’t want to worry about my spelling my grammar and whatever. I don’t think the original poster has any ill intentions but honestly, if my grammar /spelling mistakes are constantly being pointed out, I might as well stop posting out of embarrassment.

All Jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:38 pm

Norcalgal wrote:@gabriele You are technically correct about the use of cast in both present and past tense. I've found over the many years I've been on this board, that grammatical conventions differ in English speaking countries and many of our members have a first language other than English. As the daughter of a real stickler for grammar, spelling and punctuation, I have learned to ignore the transgressions and focus on the meaning, content and sleuthing. That's what I'm here for.

I hope my post wasn’t rude. That certainly wasn’t my intention. I believe Reddit is where people started using this mistake. I see it there frequently and it seems to be spreading to other places now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dahling Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:19 pm

gabriele wrote:Just fyi: the word “casted” doesn’t exist. The past tense of cast is: cast.

Thank you for correcting me and pointing that out. I probably didn’t notice my faux pas. I miss my mom so much, she was a teacher btw, she always corrected my grammar and made me a better person because of it. I probably wasn’t the greatest in English classes and it seems like a million years ago that I took them. I mean all the rules about grammar and sentence structure probably have been forgotten to some degree. I know I often re-read my posts and miss things all the time, so I’m probably going to make mistakes. I hope you can overlook my transgressions.

Dahling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:50 pm

Dahling wrote:
gabriele wrote:Just fyi: the word “casted” doesn’t exist. The past tense of cast is: cast.

Thank you for correcting me and pointing that out. I probably didn’t notice my faux pas. I miss my mom so much, she was a teacher btw, she always corrected my grammar and made me a better person because of it. I probably wasn’t the greatest in English classes and it seems like a million years ago that I took them. I mean all the rules about grammar and sentence structure probably have been forgotten to some degree. I know I often re-read my posts and miss things all the time, so I’m probably going to make mistakes. I hope you can overlook my transgressions.
I just came back to remove your quote from my post. That’s how I should have handled it from the start. I definitely wasn’t trying to embarrass you or anyone, but I apologize if I did. It’s just a weird Reddit thing that is spreading.

My mom always corrects my grammar too. After hearing her tell me a million times when answering the landline phone that it’s, “This is she,” rather than, “This is her,” it finally sunk in. And, I’m the queen of run-on sentences. Thanks for being so gracious and I’m so sorry for the loss of your mom.  TheBachelorette - Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 80 1f495

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:16 pm

Why would she still be there??

Crawley caught up with Harrison on Monday's The Bachelor: The Greatest Seasons -- Ever! for a short interview from her suite at La Quinta Resort & Club in Palm Springs, California,

https://twitter.com/etnow/status/1303188620065480704?s=20

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaynab Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:34 pm

@GuardianAngel
It was before they started filming Chris claimed.

Zaynab

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:18 pm

https://twitter.com/BacheloretteABC/status/1303739997804208128?s=20

Link: https://giphy.com/thebachelorette/season-16-clare
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:19 pm

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

TheBachelorette - Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 80 8367-910 TheBachelorette - Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 80 I_got_13 TheBachelorette - Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 80 E5kqdm15 TheBachelorette - Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 80 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 80 of 80 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+70
Billysmom
mbl
kmick0890
allykat
Topazgold
Jaybird
sun20j2001
Mommyof2
Zaynab
luvstx
msjr