SELECT CONTENT

Madison Prewett-Troutt - Grant Troutt - Bachelor 24 - Discussion

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madison Prewett-Troutt - Grant Troutt - Bachelor 24 - Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Madison Prewett-Troutt - Grant Troutt - Bachelor 24 - Discussion

Post by just me Sat May 02, 2020 10:47 pm

leavers wrote:
just me wrote:i believe this is the real reason Madison is under fire by some:https://www.christianpost.com/news/the-bachelor-contestant-boldly-professes-christian-faith-its-all-of-who-i-am.html

Because of a 2.5 month old article?
No. Not the article but because of her belief that the article speaks about. She is not IMO vain (which Nick called her ) but stands for what she believes. He called her a liar because Peter implied it. Whatever, IMO he was trying to suck her into drama.
just me
just me

Female Posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Madison Prewett-Troutt - Grant Troutt - Bachelor 24 - Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Madison Prewett-Troutt - Grant Troutt - Bachelor 24 - Discussion

Post by leavers Sat May 02, 2020 10:50 pm

just me wrote:
leavers wrote:
just me wrote:i believe this is the real reason Madison is under fire by some:https://www.christianpost.com/news/the-bachelor-contestant-boldly-professes-christian-faith-its-all-of-who-i-am.html

Because of a 2.5 month old article?
No. Not the article but because of her belief that the article speaks about. She is not IMO vain (which Nick called her ) but stands for what she believes. He called her a liar because Peter implied it. Whatever, IMO he was trying to suck her into drama.

Sean Lowe is probably the most universally loved contestant and lead and he is an outspoken and unapologetically traditional Christian. I don't think that's it.

e: I think it's more that Madi hasn't expressed much interest in being part of BN. She's made friends with Selena Gomez. She's already above it, and some people resent it when you don't need them. IMO.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sat May 02, 2020 11:40 pm

@leavers
You nailed it, IMO. I am just sick of all the unnecessary criticism of Madison  I’m not a big fan but, IMO what’s not to like? She’s ordinary and religious and young and idealistic. So Nick with his over aged partiality toward people who think he’s still relevant feels free to pick on her. Jerk.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sun May 03, 2020 3:12 pm

I am neutral on Madi.  But what turns me off is mostly her over the top fans.  On some sites (not here) if you don’t praise her every move you must hate her.  I think she has a lot if maturing to do but she is still young.  All imo.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon May 04, 2020 12:26 pm

Brought over from:

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t5608p264-peter-weber-kelley-flanagan-bachelor-24-discussion#1459267

@Chgohighlife Since I don't pay that much attention to these things, how do we know that Madi has no career aspirations? What did she study in college? TYIA

@Sprite,
We probably should take this discussion over to Madi’s thread. Everything, I know about Madi, I learned from articles posted in this forum mostly in Peter’s threads. I went back to her thread and I did not find the discussion about her education but, she went to seminary after college and has taken missionary trips in the past. She has stated her dream is to have/run an orphanage. Meanwhile, she has made it clear that missionary work and service to others is her priority - not making money. While that is lofty, it isn’t practical so, it requires a special partner not, an assumption that she can go out here and find a match on The Bachelor.
I do not follow her on SM and I acknowledge people her age (just recently 24) often make changes to their career aspirations.

Please continue discussions here.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Mon May 04, 2020 1:08 pm

Madi is a recent college grad. IMO she is in the beginning phase of determining how her aspirations will line up with realistic next steps in terms of income for daily needs and possibly beyond. Using Ben H as an example, he has a long history of service and currently continues to have humanitarian pursuits but also has several business ventures. Dreams are rarely realized without being balanced by a degree of practicality.
All that is known about her next step is that she has said she plans to move to LA post-quarantine.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Mon May 04, 2020 7:21 pm

notarose wrote:Madi is a recent college grad. IMO she is in the beginning phase of determining how her aspirations will line up with realistic next steps in terms of income for daily needs and possibly beyond. Using Ben H as an example, he has a long history of service and currently continues to have humanitarian pursuits but also has several business ventures. Dreams are rarely realized without being balanced by a degree of practicality.
All that is known about her next step is that she has said she plans to move to LA post-quarantine.

@notarose
That’s fair. It’s important not to give too much credence to what Madison says. She’s very young and naive and changes and adjustments do come with experience which she will gain quickly once she leaves the confines of the nest.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon May 04, 2020 9:16 pm

Unless someone has a troubled past and continues to be living in that type of environment without any indication of wanting help, there shouldn't be any hesitation in being in a relationship. I don't know much about Madi therefore I don't know what type of jobs if any she has had at this point.

IMO Immersing oneself in missionary work is not something I would frown upon. It goes to show her desire to help those less fortunate. She's young, she can get involved in numerous career paths.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by limoncello Mon May 04, 2020 10:06 pm

I'm not a fan of Madison but I did actually enjoy the podcast with Kaitlyn. Whilst I don't doubt she is a good person and a friend, I think she is very smart with what she chooses to present to the public (I found it odd that she had a manager signed up immediately after ATFR). That being said, Pete is a complete tool in my eyes and I can safely say that I am not impressed with literally anybody from this entire season. Can't wait for a fresh season, whoever that'll be.
limoncello
limoncello

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Tue May 05, 2020 6:31 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_0jnMCDhm6/
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19225

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue May 05, 2020 9:14 pm

I've never seen Madi so upbeat and speak so well. yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed May 06, 2020 5:40 pm

I'm not a Madison fan at present, mostly because I felt she didn't handle things particularly well during the latter phases of the show. But in most cases I'm open to changing my mind about cast members. And I never had any huge objection to her.

I personally wouldn't call what Kelley did a betrayal. Madi and Peter were never engaged, and in fact, Madi was the one who decided to leave the show. Yes, she and Peter gave some thought to a relationship both during ATFR and for some time after. But according to Pete's announcement, they mutually decided to part ways. Should Kelley have given Madi a heads-up, given their friendship? Sure. But given that Madi parted ways from Pete *twice*, I don't think she should be terribly surprised that another woman, even her best buddy, might want to throw her hat in the ring. And the comment about it hurting all the more having learned this on her birthday -- I get that, but some things are best kept to yourself. Overall, I think Madi handled the situation pretty well. As for Peter's text to her a couple of days before...Madi should just keep in mind, there's a reason she didn't want a relationship with him.

I say that having some experience in the matter. When I was in college, my roommate and best friend starting dating a guy that I had just ditched as a romantic prospect, but wanted to keep as a friend. I'm not sure I got any heads-up about that. Was it painful to watch them going out? Sure. Was it painful to see him take her out to nice places that he never took me? Absolutely. But I never lost sight of the reasons that I broke up with him. The three of us continued to hang out together, and with our mutual friends. And years later, my best friend broke up with him as well, for a number of the same reasons. I consider myself a friend to both of them to this day (but to a much greater degree with my girl buddy.)

As for Madison's career/life aspirations, I see a lot of my younger self in her. You don't always have it all figured out after you get your Bachelor's degree. A colleague of mine is a (very Christian) public school teacher who pours her heart and soul into her work, but also finds time to do combined missionary work and work with orphanages. I think that Madi will get that sorted out with time.

I think that moving away from home (for however long) would be a good thing for Madi and would help her to mature. I'm not sure that L.A. is the best place for her, but you never know.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Madison Prewett-Troutt - Grant Troutt - Bachelor 24 - Discussion

+38
ariwolf
pavalygurl
Mia_Leoni
beader
ReneeM