SELECT CONTENT

General Chit Chat - #2

Page 19 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: General Chit Chat - #2

Post by Sprite Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:31 pm

HavaDrPepper wrote:All I know is that many of my scrapbooking friends that live in Georgia are livid about how the governor is handling things.  Thankfully they have common sense and have stayed in place without being told to.

Thank goodness there are still people with common sense. This screams of $$$ influencing decisions. It is shocking to me.

Meanwhile:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/china-sees-rises-in-new-coronavirus-cases-asymptomatic-patients/ar-BB12cAGy?ocid=spartanntp

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/japan-pm-to-declare-state-of-emergency-as-early-as-tuesday/ar-BB12dty3?ocid=spartanntp

But still, China relaxed restrictions deadhorse :

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/china-tourist-sites-packed-as-country-comes-out-of-coronavirus-lockdown/ar-BB12dSsQ?ocid=spartanntp

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:20 am

And it starts. Liberty, individual rights being used to undermine the needs of society as a whole. The stupidity is overwhelming.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/a-liberty-rebellion-in-idaho-threatens-to-undermine-coronavirus-orders/ar-BB12hKxx?ocid=spartanntp

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:19 am

Sprite wrote:And it starts. Liberty, individual rights being used to undermine the needs of society as a whole. The stupidity is overwhelming.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/a-liberty-rebellion-in-idaho-threatens-to-undermine-coronavirus-orders/ar-BB12hKxx?ocid=spartanntp

@Sprite
Agree, totally..
The utmost stupidity, selfishness, self importance. I’m just so sick of it. Just give the lot of them a couple of small states and get them the hell away from real people who care about life and this amazing planet. Bury their asses in a cave somewhere, where they all belong until their consciousness develops to meet humanity. Good people should not die because of the insecurity and misguided foolishness of others. All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:03 pm

I just cannot believe some people.

I applaud those that can make masks. I can't sew and don't even have a sewing machine (got rid of it 2 years ago... it hadn't been used in 40 years).  A gal posted on our local town group wondering where she could donate the masks she had been making.  Great. Good for her. She got lots of ideas and she thanked everyone.

Yesterday another gal posted this comment "our Girl Scout Troop is looking for someone to make some for their troop so they can donate."  Ummmmm..... why can't the girls in the troop make the masks themselves.  If needed have some one on one training with the girls to help them.  Do they not have a badge that would include sewing anymore? I know I had one back in the dark ages.

To me this is just sending the wrong message.  The donation part is fine. But to ask someone else to make it so you get the credit for donating isn't right in my way of thinking.  These girls will learn that they don't have to do anything themselves, all they should do is ask.

In the past, I have seen other questionable comments by this "leader" of this troop.  She always seems to ask others to do things that the girls in the troop should be doing themselves.

Sigh.............

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:23 pm

It's getting more difficult each day to read about the uneducated stupidity of some people. They are bringing out the worst in me that I didn't know existed. How about those that don't obey the law, get zero help from the medical professionals if they get infected. That's not the Canadian way, and am ashamed for thinking that way but I and millions of others are going into the third week of self isolating and then there are those who don't give a darn because it's their "right" to be out. I responded to a tweet yesterday about Florida saying my favourite state for over 30 yrs, I have a booked vacation in July. We are going to cancel and I'm never going back because of the decisions of that state. The responses I got, good riddance, see ya, don't come back. I guess they don't want the 30+ billions of dollars Canadians spend in Florida between buying property and living/vacationing there through out the year. I'm not the only Canadian that feels this way. How can I feel safe about a state where there are far to many that are not following what the rest of the world is doing. Even when this situation is resolved, I still wouldn't feel safe. Their numbers are approaching all of Canada and they are several weeks behind.

The state now has 15,456 cases and 309 deaths
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/os-ne-coronavirus-wednesday-april-8-20200408-idxjlnv7pvatlpuz7fwmgyhtwa-story.html

18,479 Deaths:402

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/canada/

Something to smile about. Smiley

https://twitter.com/TownOfFortErie

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71350

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:45 pm

HavaDrPepper wrote:I just cannot believe some people.

I applaud those that can make masks. I can't sew and don't even have a sewing machine (got rid of it 2 years ago... it hadn't been used in 40 years).  A gal posted on our local town group wondering where she could donate the masks she had been making.  Great. Good for her. She got lots of ideas and she thanked everyone.

Yesterday another gal posted this comment "our Girl Scout Troop is looking for someone to make some for their troop so they can donate."  Ummmmm..... why can't the girls in the troop make the masks themselves.  If needed have some one on one training with the girls to help them.  Do they not have a badge that would include sewing anymore? I know I had one back in the dark ages.

To me this is just sending the wrong message.  The donation part is fine. But to ask someone else to make it so you get the credit for donating isn't right in my way of thinking.  These girls will learn that they don't have to do anything themselves, all they should do is ask.

In the past, I have seen other questionable comments by this "leader" of this troop.  She always seems to ask others to do things that the girls in the troop should be doing themselves.

Sigh.............

@HaveaDrPepper
Not only are you 100% right but, you should tell her exactly that. If she’s too lazy to teach and model good values, she should resign and let a real role model lead those girls. How and where are they supposed to sell masks anyway? Will she at least teach them to build an online store? What the heck is her value?

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:02 pm

The Easter Bunny is absolutely essential services, now maybe more than ever before PINKHEART

veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:22 pm

veg_out wrote:The Easter Bunny is absolutely essential services, now maybe more than ever before  PINKHEART

I am so craving some chocolate. I am in self isolation for another few days and managed to snag a grocery delivery spot for this morning, but forgot the chocolate!!! sad duh

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:25 pm

Sprite wrote:
veg_out wrote:The Easter Bunny is absolutely essential services, now maybe more than ever before  PINKHEART

I am so craving some chocolate. I am in self isolation for another few days and managed to snag a grocery delivery spot for this morning, but forgot the chocolate!!! sad duh

Oh, @Sprite! I understand chocolate cravings, for sure. Do you have any cocoa powder? If so, maybe a hot-chocolate would hit the spot, or you could mix cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and some butter into a chocolate ganache. Hope the Easter Bunny brings you some chocolate as you isolate. Stay well! PINKHEART
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:39 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
HavaDrPepper wrote:I just cannot believe some people.

Sigh.............

@HaveaDrPepper
Not only are you 100% right but, you should tell her exactly that. If she’s too lazy to teach and model good values, she should resign and let a real role model lead those girls. How and where are they supposed to sell masks anyway? Will she at least teach them to build an online store? What the heck is her value?

No, they don't want to sell them. She wants someone to make them for her troop so that the troop can DONATE them. Like I said, I've seen her post other questionable stuff. She's been called out on it before but has the attitude that she's right so it doesn't do any good. I have a feeling that she is in a younger generation than myself and she doesn't see anything wrong with what she is doing.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:53 pm

A friend of mine is studying to be a peramedic and sent this.

http://web.news.ontarionewsroom.com/opo/en/2020/04/ontario-calls-on-all-health-care-workers-to-help-fight-covid-19.html?fbclid=IwAR1NCvWZw3vURcLRWl2nVxoLgBqaTiXV_4ofG5VE7Gde94O3s2Bp6DveUbU

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:29 pm

@Sprite That's a great idea. They have been very creative trying to get one step ahead of the virus. IMHO they are all doing a great job.

I have seen so much support in my area for the health care professionals.

There was an article I read earlier which makes so much sense. PSW's, personal support workers, work in nursing homes, or private residences. They usually have two or more job locations because they can't get a full time job at one location.

The head of the nurse's organization is calling for a one job requirement preventing them for going to several locations. The new wage subsidy that was introduced can assist them with lost hours. This has caused such a domino effect.

I'm in the mortgage brokerage business. Appraisers are not going into the homes to do appraisals! Interior pictures are provided by the home owner or the MLS listing, following a detailed guideline, and he/she inspects the outside and takes pictures to complete the report.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71350

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down