SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion

Page 24 of 55 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 39 ... 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

tbt - The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 24 Empty Re: The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion

Post by Maddy Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:19 pm

tbt - The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 24 EbKcSHWU8AEzU8Q
The Bachelor @BachelorABC
When #TheBachelorGOAT brings back ALL the emotions 😭 pic.twitter.com/kVouFsJOyj
https://mobile.twitter.com/BachelorABC
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

tbt - The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 24 Empty Re: The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion

Post by Maddy Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:28 pm

tbt - The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 24 EbKAcNiUMAAKqrw
Bachelor Party @BachPartyPod
Never forget that the twins' occupation was "Twins" #BachelorGOAT pic.twitter.com/uvPckaxs0D
tbt - The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 24 EbKBASHVcAA6c1q
JUBILEE!!!! 💖💖💖💖💖 pic.twitter.com/wgVPlIPY65
tbt - The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 24 EbJ8GTHUYAAjue3
Lmfao we stan chris harrison's poor son josh #BachelorGOAT pic.twitter.com/0HlIw3JsXX
https://mobile.twitter.com/BachPartyPod?p=s
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:03 pm

Ben is Olivia’s guest on the latest Mouthing Off podcast
Podcast link

Recorded before Olivia saw Monday’s episode.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:25 pm

@sdmom I was spoiler free for Des season and it was one of my all-time favorites as I had no idea what would happen! Oh, the good old days. Now you can't even open your phone without spoilers screaming at you.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5328

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:25 pm

@Maddy I always liked Jubilee - I think she plays the cello which drew me to her.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:58 am

My DVR lists July 6th episode will be the OG seasons Alex Michael's and Trista's. Woot those seasons I never watched being that I did not care to watch Bachelor way back then laugh out loud

Astrobach wrote:@Linds911  I think the producers showed the whole Ben ‘ s proposal fiasco ‘ because 1 ‘it’s so dramatic ‘ 2 it’s leading to Jojo being the Bachelorette and that’s next week’s episode. They NEED anything to raise the very underwhelming ratings and they’re pulling all they can from ex contestants. You saw how CH is trying to get credit for all and ANY couple that is successful... Rolling Eyes
I wonder who they asked to appear on ( as fillers) that simply politely declined - or were too busy with their own lives- I’m sure they tried to get Tyler / and or Hannah B. - we’re exhausting the list of favorites now... ASHLEY I, Ben H., Kaitlyn,  Peter etc...
Well, my favorite so far is still Sean’s season.

Ugh yes most likely that's why. no no

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  tbt - The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 24 1f49c

tbt - The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 24 8367-910 tbt - The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 24 I_got_13 tbt - The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 24 E5kqdm15 tbt - The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 24 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11981

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia_Leoni Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:03 pm

Sean and Ashley's seasons will always be my personal favourites.

Mia_Leoni

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:00 pm

Sharlene's Flare recap of Ben's season - spot on, IMO
https://www.flare.com/bachelor/bachelor-greatest-seasons-ever-episode-3-recap-ben-higgins-sharleen-joynt/

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:19 pm

Norcalgal wrote:Sharlene's Flare recap of Ben's season - spot on, IMO
https://www.flare.com/bachelor/bachelor-greatest-seasons-ever-episode-3-recap-ben-higgins-sharleen-joynt/

I had to take this quote out of the above recap because I so disagree with it.

...even after all these years of Ben being advertised to us as so perfect, I have to admit he comes about as close to living up as any human can. First, the fact that none of us have gotten sick of him yet is unto itself a major sign—if he were remotely too weepy, too outspoken, too meek, Bach fans would have had their fill a long time ago.

I got sick of Ben even before his season aired and each time they shove him down my throat I get annoyed all over again. He is not perfect or close to. I never for a minute thought so and his "unlovable" shtick just made me want to slap him. JMO Just had to get that out. Rant over.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:46 pm

Norcalgal wrote:Sharlene's Flare recap of Ben's season - spot on, IMO

IMO Olivia’s situation is an example of how the show potentially manipulates viewers in the same way production potentially manipulates cast. They set up a circumstance with specific elements and based on what they know prior they can predict what might happen. TPTB is aware of troll culture and essentially feeds that sect of viewership by handing it a character or more each season. Proof of TPTB awareness is that in the season before Ben’s, Kaitlyn read SM trash aloud at her MTA. Armed with that knowledge TPTB still followed its usual and provided “Karens” scenes to fuel them - fuelled, they sh*t on Olivia’s SM in a dehumanizing way.
The value of Olivia getting a segment on this epi is that she is well spoken and her story has value in fan culture.
JMO

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:26 pm

@Sprite While I am sick of Ben, the following from Sharlene's recap is why he is the golden boy in the franchise. I've bolded the 2 reasons I think she was spot on. And I think any self-awareness he's learned, came after his relationship with Lauren.
there’s no denying Ben Higgins’s turn as Bachelor was a momentous one. As a longtime viewer and now longtime recapper, it has become clear to me that Ben’s season draws a distinct line in the sand in terms of viewers; I cannot tell you how many people have told me they began watching with Ben’s season. New viewers were moths to Ben Higgins’s flame and, indeed, even after all these years of Ben being advertised to us as so perfect, I have to admit he comes about as close to living up as any human can. First, the fact that none of us have gotten sick of him yet is unto itself a major sign—if he were remotely too weepy, too outspoken, too meek, Bach fans would have had their fill a long time ago. It’s obvious he is self-aware. He’s a good conversationalist (as I learned when I joined as a guest on his podcast with Ashley I). He’s the opposite of the Bad Boy, yet he’s a Good Guy with enough edge to evidently leave several women weak in the knees. He’s unwaveringly respectful and kind. I loved how he handled Olivia’s appearance last night; it would have been much easier for him to just not show up. Instead, he went out of his way to not only point out how strong Olivia is, but to take responsibility for how he could and should have been better for her. Crucially, you won’t ever hear a former contestant from his season—even if they were brutally hurt by him—speak ill of him. He’s just THAT beloved.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:40 pm

@Norcalgal I'm sure he is a nice enough guy, but I wonder how many of them won't speak ill of him because he is the golden boy and it would hurt their own chances with the franchise? I don't care how many people began watching with his season. That happens every few years. There is a new crop of people who begin watching. The same thing probably happened with Hannah's season and will probably happen with Matt's upcoming season. Controversy pulls in viewers and Kaitlyn brought a ton of it.

Personally, I still think he is the golden boy because he did what he was told and was easy to manipulate. Yeah, he is nice and nice looking but those are a dime a dozen for tptb. They want someone malleable. After listening to Mequel's interview with RS today, I think that even more.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 55 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 39 ... 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion

+41
MiniDiva
Brill
timfan
Dutchy23
leavers