SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion

Page 35 of 55 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 45 ... 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 35 Empty Re: The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion

Post by Newto Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:07 pm

One would hope that if a former lead specifically requests his/her season not be shown, his/her request should be honored. Money is money, I know that, but these people are human beings with feelings. How dare anyone tread on feelings? JMHO

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 35 Empty Re: The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion

Post by Brill Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:31 pm

Andrew is good friends with Chris Harrison and I saw a photo of the two of them together recently. Now I'm not meaning that Chris Harrison has any pull with the boss, because this $$$$$ always comes first.

Awwwwww it's nice to see some others liked Andrew's season!!! I know Jen was not popular but I give her a lot of credit for not just bowing down to the higher ups!!! You Go Girl!!! She didn't bow down to Andrew either just because he was a Firestone!!! I think it took him for a loop, to be honest. I've never forgot the hurt in his face when he was backstage at the MTA in Jen's season and he had to see her kissing a guy.
They have moved on and have families of their own just like all the others that didn't make if from this show.

The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 35 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:18 pm

I really enjoyed last night's show. Since I came to the franchise later on, it was nice to feel a sense of connection to the show's roots.

Chris H. looked so young! Alex struck me as being the perfect gentleman. He was also a highly eligible bachelor, which we don't always get. He was respectful and let each woman go at her own pace. Having said that, I'm surprised that he didn't eliminate Shannon sooner. She struck me as being totally unsuited to a Bachelor dating environment where the lead is expected to date multiple cast members. I don't mind that she had boundaries, but she came off to me as a bit smug and also prudish bordering on cold. The final handshake was ridiculous (Girl, give him a good-bye hug!) But in her favor, even she saw that. I think Alex selected Amanda over Trista because Trista had some trouble opening up to him.

Trista seems like she was a great lead. My mind was boggled at the good looks of her men. For whatever reason, she seemed more open to forming a close relationship on her own season than on Alex's season. When she went to Greg T.'s New York apartment, I cringed right along with her. But having lived in NYC, a part of me could really relate. If you've never lived in NYC, you tend to think of the nice apartments that you see as the setting of TV comedies and dramas, i.e. on "Friends." But for ordinary people with ordinary jobs, the reality is all too often closer to Greg T.'s cramped, unattractive digs.

Her two finalists seemed nice enough. I'm glad that she has formed a solid relationship and a family with Ryan. I'm very curious as to why he would abandon his former gig for the Denver fire dept. He must have had at least 20 years under his belt with Vail, and firefighters often retire at 30 years. But it may be that he can get a much higher salary, and/or there is more room for career growth with Denver. I wonder he and Trista will make the move to the Denver area?

I enjoyed the Nicole and Demi's fashion commentary. It was quick, witty, and to the point. The show can keep that going as far as I'm concerned. Cassie looked great. I think she could have given a little more information about the breakup than she did. She could have said something like, "We weren't on the same page on a number of important issues relating to our future," or something like that. I think most people could relate to that -- it happens. As it was, she seemed almost afraid of Colton's reaction if she talked about it.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:29 pm

Ok thanks!

Sprite wrote:@GuardianAngel I think something else is on next week. I thought I remembered seeing that they skip next week for some reason. It is going to drive me crazy trying to remember.

I checked on the ABC website it is CMA Best of Fest for 3 hours.

Marsh adds that Michel “didn’t get a lot of credit” for signing up to be the first-ever Bachelor.“For him to not come back, I am surprised, but realistically … he didn’t get a lot of credit,” she says. “I mean, he’s been hit pretty hard with some judgments over the years and comparisons and I don’t feel like he was supported well enough.”

I've heard several times over the years they couldn't get a hold of Alex. Watching CH tells us again for the umpteenth time, I felt he's not contacting them because there must be something we don't know about. Otherwise I'm sure someone would tell him they are trying to contact him. Plus wiki shows him as a businessman, producer. You would think word would get out. It's obvious to me he doesn't want to have anything to do with them. Amanda, IMHO has a polite way with words. Did she mention last night he's married with children? If so I must have missed that.

Norcalgal wrote:https://www.usmagazine.com/podcasts/here-for-the-right-reasons/bachelors-amanda-marsh-is-engaged-reveals-alex-michel-is-married/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:55 pm

@GuardianAngel No she didn't say that last night. How did she all of a sudden find out?

My opinion is she is hungry and looking to make up a little for all that she missed out the first time. I bet she would love to be doing some shilling, after all she wanted to go back on the show after her divorce.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:14 pm

Norcalgal wrote:What struck me watching Alex and Trista respective seasons was all the talk on finding a husband/wife and mother/father of their children. It seems that we now hear finding my 'person', 'soulmate', etc. Perhaps because marriage has declined or been pushed back later?

Amanda made Alex light up more than any other women so I think he chose the right person. Trista did a poor job of letting Charlie go - he was so good about it though. And is there someone who doesn't love Ryan?

After so many unsuccessful pairings from the show, I'm thinking that saying you're here to find a relationship is just being realistic. The chance you're going to find your actual legal spouse from the show isn't great laugh out loud
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1328

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:05 am

I would have never recognized Charlie now.

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:01 am

@GuardianAngel I don't believe for a second that they can't find Alex. I do believe he wants nothing to do with the franchise! The fact that he is married with a family tells me he is protective of what he has now and does not need anything Bachelor-related for his happiness or his success.

@Amethyst Yes - Alex was the 'perfect' gentlemen. But we have learned that doesn't always make for the best TV. Watching on Monday night made me realize how difficult it must have been to the be first.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:42 am

It’s so much fun to watch the first Bach and B’ettte for me.

I agree it’s hard to be the first one, cause you don’t know what to expect. Alex looks perfect and desirable on paper. IMO, the caliber of the leads just get worse and worse. I hope Matt will prove me wrong. I have high hopes for him. Fingers crossed!

Ryan oh Ryan! So sweet and dreamy! Too bad they didn’t show their date at the Seaworld where they run into a couple of weddings, foreshadowing much? I remember they also showed Trista woke up in bed with the stufffed shamu - that should be a huge clue for sleuthers!

Now I can’t wait for Brad! I wonder what happened to his F3 Bettina, my fav during his first season. She dated Colby from Survivor for a while.

Now, my biggest takeaway from all the interviews: why is everyone’s house look so neat and clean and not clustered? Do they actually cook and eat in their own places?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:10 am

I’m finding this series a mediocre watch.
Pretending to be producer, I might have done 10 thematic episodes... Best of - limo entrances, FIR, GDs....HTDs would have been fun. There doesn’t appear to be enough engaging material to fill 3 hrs from single seasons IMO. Thematic epis could have also had catch up interviews. It would have taken more effort to edit but I think it would have been a better product.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:23 pm

LaNease Adams from season 1
The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 35 EcFhSqzUMAEqWf1
LaNease Adams @LaNeaseAdams Jul 4
They say it's never as good as the first time rose💋 Bachelor Mondays are back! A whole season in ONE NIGHT! Watch the kiss that made @chrisbharrison say my lips should be in The Smithsonian! @BachelorABC @bachnation #TheBachelorGOAT #BachelorNation pic.twitter.com/bijocbnMmj
https://mobile.twitter.com/LaNeaseAdams
The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 35 155594_0002-900x0
https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/shows/the-bachelor-the-greatest-seasons-ever/episodes/alex-michel-and-trista-sutter/
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:32 pm

notarose wrote:I’m finding this series a mediocre watch.
Pretending to be producer, I might have done 10 thematic episodes... Best of - limo entrances, FIR, GDs....HTDs would have been fun. There doesn’t appear to be enough engaging material to fill 3 hrs from single seasons IMO. Thematic epis could have also had catch up interviews. It would have taken more effort to edit but I think it would have been a better product.

I don’t think I will be interested in thematic episodes, but that’s just me.

I enjoy watching Sean and Alex & Trista seasons, probably because I didn’t truly followed them when the respective reasons aired the first time, and I know two of them resulted in marriage. I got a bit teary up during the two proposals. However, I didn’t watch Jojo but have it recorded, because her guys are...terrible !

So for me, I’d like to watch Ashley, Des, Rachel, because of the endings, Jason’s , because it’s ... dramatic!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 55 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 45 ... 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion

+41
MiniDiva
Brill
timfan
Dutchy23
leavers