SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TheBachelor - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by provenceguy Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:27 pm

Super cute!
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1881

Back to top Go down

TheBachelor - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Astrobach Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:30 pm

Maddy wrote:TheBachelor - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 3 EaUhigkWkAMs7_n
The Bachelorette @BacheloretteABC
Meet your new Bachelor, Matt James! rose pic.twitter.com/3Tt1FSR7I1
https://mobile.twitter.com/BacheloretteABC/media/grid?idx=0
TheBachelor - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 3 EaVAJlPWoAE-l_-
https://mobile.twitter.com/RosesTearsDrama/media/grid?idx=0
rofl rofl rofl
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:09 pm

This is the first Bachelor season I am truly excited for in years.  I hope they cast him some great women.  Matt seems to be the type who if he finds the right person will fall hard for and I hope he finds his person!

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:18 pm

Wow OK.  Hope this isn't just a knee-jerk reaction on part of the producers to the current political climate but kudos for the choice and I'm on board.  yes

Source

I suspect they cast him for Clare's season with "future Lead" in mind anyway but thanks to the pandemic we get to cut out the middle man (woman).  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:35 pm

Congratulations to Matt! I hope that he finds the woman of his dreams. I will be watching!

His good buddy Tyler will be on to offer some advice, right? TheBachelor - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 3 1176891977
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:42 pm

Bobette wrote:Wow OK.  Hope this isn't just a knee-jerk reaction on part of the producers to the current political climate but kudos for the choice and I'm on board.  yes

Source

I suspect they cast him for Clare's season with "future Lead" in mind anyway but thanks to the pandemic we get to cut out the middle man (woman).  laugh out loud

I don't think it is knee jerk. I think he was cast on Clare's season with the intention of making him the lead. That would be his trial run. I do think the announcement was moved ahead due to the current circumstances...and he got to skip Clare and her drama...but, I think he would have been it regardless. He is friends with the two most popular alumni of the bachelor and let's face it, these days many of the more popular players come onto the show as a result of their connections with former cast mates.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:47 am

Sprite wrote:
Bobette wrote:Wow OK.  Hope this isn't just a knee-jerk reaction on part of the producers to the current political climate but kudos for the choice and I'm on board.  yes

Source

I don't think it is knee jerk. I think he was cast on Clare's season with the intention of making him the lead. That would be his trial run. I do think the announcement was moved ahead due to the current circumstances...and he got to skip Clare and her drama...but, I think he would have been it regardless. He is friends with the two most popular alumni of the bachelor and let's face it, these days many of the more popular players come onto the show as a result of their connections with former cast mates.

:yes: JMO I agree with you that Matt was originally cast on Clare’s season with TPTB thinking unless something went unexpectedly wrong they would probably choose him as next Bach.

Despite that, IMO Matt was named this week as Bach to shut down talk of the franchise being racist or discriminatory. I don’t think that’s a knee jerk reaction. I think it was calculated as damage control to up their image and to shift the narrative away from their history and get people talking about their black bachelor instead of why they don’t hire more POC on their production team and other past practices with POC cast. Matt, bff of highly popular Tyler, and part of the same quarantine crew as Hannah B, is a PR gift for TPTB.

I think Matt is a good choice. I hope his charity gets some coverage during his season because it would be heartwarming to watch. I have no idea how he is when dating however he seems like a hardworking fun guy. I hope he has several women cast that he can relate to and develop sparks. I believe all of this while also believing the timing of this announcement was intended to, and probably will, take the heat off the franchise.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:26 am

Yeah when I said I hope it's not just a knee-jerk reaction I certainly wasn't implying Matt's a token casting (IMO TPTB had him in mind as next Lead when they signed him up for Clare).

I was referring more to today's announcement which does seem suspiciously well timed politically IMO.  Don't they only usually announce the US Lead shortly before filming begins?

Regardless, I agree he seems like a solid guy and he's a PR dream for TPTB.  I'm keen to watch and sleuth. :yes:  When do we think filming will begin; any official word on that yet?
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:55 am

Bobette wrote:Yeah when I said I hope it's not just a knee-jerk reaction I certainly wasn't implying Matt's a token casting (IMO TPTB had him in mind as next Lead when they signed him up for Clare).

I was referring more to today's announcement which does seem suspiciously well timed politically IMO.  Don't they only usually announce the US Lead shortly before filming begins?

Regardless, I agree he seems like a solid guy and he's a PR dream for TPTB.  I'm keen to watch and sleuth. :yes:  When do we think filming will begin; any official word on that yet?

You said it better than I - “ suspiciously well timed politically”

I read somewhere filming for Bach would begin same as typical so that would be Sept. I don’t recall the source.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:17 am

Bobette wrote:Yeah when I said I hope it's not just a knee-jerk reaction I certainly wasn't implying Matt's a token casting (IMO TPTB had him in mind as next Lead when they signed him up for Clare).

They definitely cast Matt for the Bachelorette with him becoming lead in mind, but yeah the timing does seem very well-timed. That said, it is possible Covid has just made things weird. If they waited until after Clare's season was done when would the Bachelor even happen? I think no matter what, they would have had to have done something unusual if they want things to be on time next year when things (touch wood) all go back to normal.

(side note, I'm super happy with Matt as a pick as I've wanted him since I found out he was cast on Claire's season)

Last edited by leavers on Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:49 am

Yeah it just irks me a bit.  So many organisations/companies/people making grand statements/gestures at the moment proudly proclaiming LOOK HOW NOT RACIST WE ARE as if people are not aware of their track records.

More specifically in TPTB's case, literally zero black male leads in the past 24 seasons.  Seems like they're hoping to be patted on the back for something that should have happened already without prompting/fanfare IMO.

Anyway I'll shut up about it now.  Congrats to Matt and it's better late than never.  Hugesmile
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:04 am

Another local article about Matt James.  According to this article, they say Matt James has been on their radar for a while.  IMO, he had great potential from his original casting to be the next TB.   I am pleased with the choice.  

ABC has named its first Black “Bachelor” — a Raleigh native, Sanderson High School graduate and former Wake Forest University football player.

The naming of Matt James comes earlier than usual, since the show usually names the new “Bachelor” leading man at the end of the preceding “Bachelorette” season (and vice versa). Fans are due a new “Bachelorette” season, but filming has been delayed because of the coronavirus pandemic.

But ABC says James has been on their radar for a while.

In a Friday release, Karey Burke, president of ABC Entertainment, said producers had met with James to be part of the current “Bachelorette” season, and with filming delayed, they got to know him more and agreed he’d be right for “The Bachelor.”

And frankly, it’s time for a Black “Bachelor.”

Source:  Raleigh News & Observer
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+71
Jaybird
AEF
Eagle Eye
2observe
FLChica