SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 72 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1 - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 72 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Topazgold Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:21 pm

@alwayscooking  No one said that there  is “no forgiveness” anymore but words have consequences.

And those whom he is apologizing to, we  can take our time in forgiving after we see he has done the work.  We have yet to hear from CH.  He just put up 2 written posts on his IG page and hasn’t been heard of or spoken since.

This is not about being perfect but being accountable.  All MO

Last edited by Topazgold on Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)

Topazgold

Back to top Go down

1 - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 72 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:30 pm

@alwayscooking Talk is cheap—especially when the “talk” is written by one’s PR team. When CH walks the talk then he’ll be “forgiven”. Also, I think you are confusing forgiveness and reconciliation. Reconciliation requires the person to show they have truly changed—aka repentance.

CH’s influence is also corporate in both senses of the word (i.e. he is the face of a corporation and his actions affect large groups of people) so a corporate response, again in both senses, is required. jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:01 pm

@gabriele  I grew up Catholic, and while I have my differences with many things the Church has done, I still respect the concept of reconciliation.   When we would go to confession and ask for forgiveness, this was given with the expectation of penance.  Penance meant acknowledging the wrong doing and praying for forgiveness.  But it also meant "making right" the wrong we had done, as much as it was in our power to do so...apologizing to those we harmed, working to "fix" our behavior, etc.   That's the part we have not yet seen in all these instances.   Folks need to take the time to do the work and to be willing to deal with the consequences of their actions. All IMHO.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:13 pm

ReneeM wrote:Rachel Lindsay had to deactivate her Instagram account early this morning because of all the racist hate she’s gotten. She’s spoken recently on her Higher Learning podcast about how tired & drained she is from this whole ordeal. She’s mentioned that people have been contacting Extra trying to get her fired. The right wing media have picked this story up & used Rachel as the poster child for “cancel culture” (even though she’s spoken multiple times that she’s against cancel culture) which has directed even more racist nut jobs to send hateful things to her. She posted some IG stories the other day about what a hard day she was having.

Josiah from Rachel’s season posted a letter that was sent to his law firm after he spoke about racism within the franchise. The letter was advocating for him to be fired from his job and referred to Josiah as a “slave”.

That’s where my sympathy lies. In all the apologies from Hannah Brown, & Rachael Kirkconnell, & Chris Harrison, not once have they asked their racist supporters to stop sending Rachel Lindsay and the other black people in the franchise racist messages. Not once have they stood up for them and stood with them. Because those apologies are nothing but PR moves imo.

I think her IG account was taken down before yesterday.
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4293

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:34 pm

Jolena wrote:
ReneeM wrote:Rachel Lindsay had to deactivate her Instagram account early this morning because of all the racist hate she’s gotten. She’s spoken recently on her Higher Learning podcast about how tired & drained she is from this whole ordeal. She’s mentioned that people have been contacting Extra trying to get her fired. The right wing media have picked this story up & used Rachel as the poster child for “cancel culture” (even though she’s spoken multiple times that she’s against cancel culture) which has directed even more racist nut jobs to send hateful things to her. She posted some IG stories the other day about what a hard day she was having.

Josiah from Rachel’s season posted a letter that was sent to his law firm after he spoke about racism within the franchise. The letter was advocating for him to be fired from his job and referred to Josiah as a “slave”.

That’s where my sympathy lies. In all the apologies from Hannah Brown, & Rachael Kirkconnell, & Chris Harrison, not once have they asked their racist supporters to stop sending Rachel Lindsay and the other black people in the franchise racist messages. Not once have they stood up for them and stood with them. Because those apologies are nothing but PR moves imo.

I think her IG account was taken down before yesterday.
Not true, Renee is correct that Rachel deleted her IG today thanks to all those harassing her because of Chris Harrison and IMO Rachael K as well. These folks on SM going after Rachel have seriously lost the plot IMO but they will reap what they sow IMO.
https://www.etonline.com/rachel-lindsay-deletes-her-instagram-after-harassment-from-bachelor-nation-161328

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:45 pm

@pavalygurl well said! Forgiveness and reconciliation are certainly important but are costly.

@Jolena I happened to look at Rachel’s IG just yesterday and it was up.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:04 pm

Since the CH interview these are just some comments left on a FAN ACCOUNT of Rachel’s that hasn’t posted anything since 2017. If these are what we’re seeing, imagine Rachel’s actual comment section. Imagine her DMs because people think the public won’t see what they’re saying.

1 - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 72 22a9ad10
1 - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 72 2fe17010
1 - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 72 5790c610
1 - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 72 2a541a10

source

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:04 am

@ReneeM These comments are atrocious. I reported a bunch right now on IG and encourage others to do so as well. Just swipe on the right side of the comment and click the exclamation point, click “it’s inappropriate” and then “hate speech” and submit. The comments get removed when you do that. I’m not sure all rise to hate speech but quite a few do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:19 am

It would be nice if they did that, but honestly, I don't think it would make any difference. There is a culture of meanness on certain social media sites. And the people who make mean-spirited comments like that are not amenable to reasoning. The influence of the influencers only goes so far.

I'm sorry that is happening to Rachel L.

I personally would like to see Chris H. continue as host. I'm hoping that he learned his lesson. I realize that's not a popular opinion, but that's how I feel about it. One point I would like to make is that the show has a surprising number of older viewers 50+, and Chris gives them someone on the series who is closer to their own age. Chris also takes on something of a "dad" role for both the lead and the cast members. I also feel that hosting changes can give a less than desirable result, as when DWTS went with Tyra Banks. I would support the Bach having a co-host. IMO someone warm and friendly like Tayshia would be perfect. With the Bach franchise shows going pretty much year round at this point, having co-hosts who can trade off with one another might be the way to go.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:09 am

I welcome a permanent removal of the Dark Lord. He symbolizes the show’s position on diversity through the years as well as its declining quality in later seasons. He has also become a caricature of himself.

As I see it, there are tree parts if the hosting job.

1. The formal part at rose ceremonies and addressing the contestants. Anyone who can say “I’m sorry you didn’t receive a rose” and sound like they actually mean it would do a better job than CH.
  2. The friend and mentor. Someone called CH a father figure, but to me he looks more like a creepy uncle. A former lead who knows first hand what the lead is going through, like JoJo and Rachel on Tayshia’s season, would be so much better. It’s also important for credibility that this person is not an executive or even part of production.
  3. The host/moderator of the live studio episodes. This takes a pro to pull off, and CH certainly is that, but his lack of real empathy still makes those events painful to watch.

My solution is two hosts. A bach alum that is good at #2 above (anyone can do #1) and will travel with the cast to the international locations, and for #3, one of ABC’s many popular news anchors or show hosts who can take four days off from their regular job each year.

Of course this would only solve the hosting problem. At this point I think they should replace the entire executive team.
JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:17 am

Amethyst wrote:

" ....  I personally would like to see Chris H. continue as host. I'm hoping that he learned his lesson. I realize that's not a popular opinion, but that's how I feel about it. One point I would like to make is that the show has a surprising number of older viewers 50+, and Chris gives them someone on the series who is closer to their own age. Chris also takes on something of a "dad" role for both the lead and the cast members. I also feel that hosting changes can give a less than desirable result, as when DWTS went with Tyra Banks. I would support the Bach having a co-host. IMO someone warm and friendly like Tayshia would be perfect. With the Bach franchise shows going pretty much year round at this point, having co-hosts who can trade off with one another might be the way to go."

I agree with you, Amethyst, totally.   Very well said.  I feel  - we all make mistakes and maybe by now looking at things differently Chris H can learn alot about himself and his attitudes - and improve.  We give second chances (and third and fourth and more to some) - why not for Chris H ?  I never heard of anything he did or said on the job that was offensive.  Correct me if I am wrong.  As I understand it - it was his attitude as expressed in the interview with Rachel L.   I understand why people took offense - and the incident is a wake up call to many. And hopefully the incident is an impetus for change.   But his acheivements in - and longevity as the host should not be that fragile !
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:10 pm

@Amethyst  I agree with the Tyra Banks example.  If tptb insist on a "dad" figure, a white male...sigh...I nominate Tom Bergeron.  He's kind and funny and compassionate.  He's good with a live audience and can think fast on his feet.   My first choice would still be Robin Roberts or someone with her skills.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+71
Jaybird
AEF
Eagle Eye
2observe
FLChica