SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Filming Schedule - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thebachelor -  Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Filming Schedule - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Filming Schedule - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Astrobach Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:53 pm

@Sprite that IS stunning! It’s quite further out but they sure would be ‘ isolated’ and private!
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

thebachelor -  Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Filming Schedule - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Filming Schedule - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by pavalygurl Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:27 pm

It is beautiful...was this where part of Ashley's season was filmed?  I remember it was lovely but rained a lot.

ETA:  It was Taiwan for episode 7.  The dry season there is not until Nov-Feb. so it could be iffy weather wise for either Clare or Matt's seasons.   In reviewing Ashley's season thread it occurred to me that while there still were creepy contestants (Bentley) and producers putting the lead in bad situations, the dates were far better.   Come on, guys, you can and should do better.

Years ago we had a big family vacay in Maui. We went to Pearl Harbor and had one day in Honolulu but then the rest was in Lahaina and surrounding towns. It was paradise! They could do that if Hawaii allows the shoot. Also, the crew would need to be quarantined prior as well. This is why tptb make the big bucks...they could figure something out which could be grand.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:17 pm

@Sprite I'm pretty sure Taiwan have border control measures in place which would prevent a foreign production team from travelling there.  It's part of the reason their cases are so low (same approach as Australia).

ETA:

As a result, Taiwan's current ban on the entry of foreign nationals, except for those with residence permits and some categories of businesspeople, will remain in place for the time being, Chen said.

Source

Things might be different by September of course but with the situation in the US, I can't see other countries relaxing entry requirements in a hurry.  IMO Matt's season will probably need to be shot somewhere within the States.

Last edited by Bobette on Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:17 pm

Sprite wrote:Have they ever filmed in Hawaii? If you must be in one place, I would at least go for something spectacular where they haven't been.

Are you listening tptb spies?!

Jillian’s season was filmed in Hawaii. I remember a date where she met the guy on the black lava rock. Maybe Reid?
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:30 pm

Good memory @jojo47!  Looks like it was Ed she met at the black rocks...

thebachelor -  Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Filming Schedule - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Aakl3aP

Source

I can't remember much about that season but found a press release from the time listing these locations:

Harris and the final three bachelors begin their Hawai‘i escape on Maui’s west side in Kä‘anapali where they are pampered with lavish oceanfront suites, fine dining experiences, and island hospitality during their private dates at Westin Maui Resort and Spa and Sheraton Maui Resort and Spa.

Each of the couples then set out on individual dates enjoying a traditional lü‘au on the beach, thrilling activities at Kapalua Adventures in Kapalua Resort, a bird’s eye view of the island with Sunshine Helicopters, a spectacular cliff-side picnic at the Hotel Häna-Maui and Honua Spa, and a snorkel cruise along Maui’s picturesque coastline with Trilogy Excursions.

Harris then has the difficult task of selecting the final two bachelors during the Rose Ceremony held at Olowalu Plantation House, a location which provided a magical backdrop.

Source

So TPTB already have production contacts in HI, it's US territory, cases are relatively low... sounds ideal to me.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:24 pm

@Bobette Great archival work ! I liked that season too! But did you notice how the Press release is basically an ad for the various compounds, and tourist opportunities that they are using. Publicity for those in exchange for filming...? They sure are cutting costs that way IMO.
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:47 pm

If Matt’s season begins in the same location Clare’s season was filmed, and is filmed immediately after Clare by the same crew and uses the same producers, that would minimize risk.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:17 am

@Bobette

Hi Bobette. We are so fortunate that Hawaii is actually our 50th state, so there is that. LOL. They have been more cautious than other states and I don't blame them, but who knows?

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:21 am

Hi @pavalygurl Yep I know it's a state yes

I meant US territory as opposed to somewhere like Taiwan which would require International travel and permission from a foreign government to enter.  

Realistically I can't see many borders reopening to US production crews (or travellers in general) for at least a year, possibly more the way things are going.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:24 am

@Bobette

Got it. I agree, other than countries like France where I read they are actively asking for tourism, I don't know where they could go... CA has been thoughtful in re-opening some places, but still our numbers went up in recent days and as of latest news I heard we are in kind of a holding pattern. Not ideal, but if they really do quarantine right it just might work.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:11 pm

Bobette wrote:snipped..

Realistically I can't see many borders reopening to US production crews (or travellers in general) for at least a year, possibly more the way things are going.

IA it's not looking good. Canada US borders have been closed since March, and closure has been extended every 30 days. We are now looking at July 21st, which I'll be surprised if it's reopened at that time.

I think they will have to say within the USA.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by barbell Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:12 pm

Hawaii seems like the perfect location if they can get permission from the state govt. The state has required that anyone coming from the mainland, and I believe even going island to island, to strictly quarantine at their hotel for 14 days. That being said, the island resorts and tourism in general there is starved for revenue. With the right restrictions, Hawaii could really work well. The island of Hawaii, where Jillians fantasy dates and finale were filmed, has a good variety of isolated locations and TPTB have the contacts there.
barbell
barbell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Filming Schedule - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+13
leavers
Chgohighlife
barbell
jojo47
albean99