SELECT CONTENT

Colton Underwood & Jordan Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion

Page 17 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Colton Underwood & Jordan  Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Colton Underwood & Jordan Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion

Post by Sprite Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:30 am

Just a thought that I had as I have been reading responses to the big revelation.

We all know that tptb know these people inside out. Did they know/strongly suspect Colton was gay? Were they pushing his buttons with all these women in the hope that it would make him finally out himself on the show? You know, all in an effort to help him accept himself and learn and grow...like they like to do for everyone. I'm sure the thought of ratings never entered their lily white hearts.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Colton Underwood & Jordan  Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Colton Underwood & Jordan Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion

Post by Amethyst Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:08 pm

Sprite wrote:Just a thought that I had as I have been reading responses to the big revelation.

We all know that tptb know these people inside out. Did they know/strongly suspect Colton was gay? Were they pushing his buttons with all these women in the hope that it would make him finally out himself on the show? You know, all in an effort to help him accept himself and learn and grow...like they like to do for everyone. I'm sure the thought of ratings never entered their lily white hearts.

They had to have suspected. But in terms of choosing him for the lead, I think it was simply a matter of him being hugely popular with the base viewership at the time (I remember the fans in the Bach forums were very much opposed to Colton for the lead, and wanted either Jason or Blake instead.) But the base viewership wanted Colton, so they got him. It didn't hurt that he was a big, blond, Christian, ex-football player who happened to be a virgin, which has always been catnip to the producers.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:13 am

As many of you know, there has been an online petition that currently has upwards of 10,000 signatures in favor of Netflix cancelling Colton's series. The details are outlined in the linked Newsweek article:

https://www.newsweek.com/petition-cancel-colton-underwoods-netflix-documentary-nears-10000-signatures-1584249

While I am not a particular fan of Colton's, and deplore his stalking behavior with Cassie, I feel that asking Netflix to cancel his series IMO may go too far. I think that fans can decide if they do or do not wish to watch it after it is made.

I realize this may not be a popular opinion. I only hold this opinion because Colton has already come to a private agreement with Cassie that appears to have solved the issue. I do not feel that Colton behaved in this way due to inherent meanness, but instead due to significant emotional problems for which he has hopefully sought counseling.

My concern moving forward is that he not inflict additional distress on Cassie or on other cast members with whom he has closely interacted. If he can keep the series focused on himself, and not at all on Cassie, Tia, Hannah B., etc. (unless for some reason any of them expressly wish to be involved,) then I have no particular objection to it.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:43 am

@Amethyst
JMO
Colton will be paid whether Netflix completes filming or airs the documentary because a contract was signed.
2M IG followers continue to hold up Colton’s “platform”.

I won’t be signing a petition. I won’t be watching his doc. He’s not the type of person (unrelated to his sexual orientation) I care to give time or energy to.
That’s where I’m at.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:16 am

Amethyst wrote:As many of you know, there has been an online petition that currently has upwards of 10,000 signatures in favor of Netflix cancelling Colton's series. The details are outlined in the linked Newsweek article:

https://www.newsweek.com/petition-cancel-colton-underwoods-netflix-documentary-nears-10000-signatures-1584249

While I am not a particular fan of Colton's, and deplore his stalking behavior with Cassie, I feel that asking Netflix to cancel his series IMO may go too far. I think that fans can decide if they do or do not wish to watch it after it is made.

I realize this may not be a popular opinion. I only hold this opinion because Colton has already come to a private agreement with Cassie that appears to have solved the issue. I do not feel that Colton behaved in this way due to inherent meanness, but instead due to significant emotional problems for which he has hopefully sought counseling.

My concern moving forward is that he not inflict additional distress on Cassie or on other cast members with whom he has closely interacted. If he can keep the series focused on himself, and not at all on Cassie, Tia, Hannah B., etc. (unless for some reason any of them expressly wish to be involved,) then I have no particular objection to it.
We don’t know what the private agreement contained, but regardless if Cassie didn’t have the energy to fighthim in court or she was just to kind to hurt with a permanent RO, it’s wrong IMO to say that the issue was solved. He still harmed her in ways that can cause long term mental health issues, and he certainly hasn’t apologized for that, or even acknowledged it.

These articles skip over the fact that there is a ton of evidence for what he did. Here is the public court documentation again, page after page with threatening texts and pictures of the tracking device.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qntm8eiJlbNbYLhwQkFYyCufb18VwSlk/view?usp=sharing
JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:03 am

blueblues wrote:
Amethyst wrote:As many of you know, there has been an online petition that currently has upwards of 10,000 signatures in favor of Netflix cancelling Colton's series. The details are outlined in the linked Newsweek article:

We don’t know what the private agreement contained, but regardless if Cassie didn’t have the energy to fight him in court or she was just to kind to hurt with a permanent RO, it’s wrong IMO to say that the issue was solved. He still harmed her in ways that can cause long term mental health issues, and he certainly hasn’t apologized for that, or even acknowledged it.

These articles skip over the fact that there is a ton of evidence for what he did. Here is the public court documentation again, page after page with threatening texts and pictures of the tracking device.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qntm8eiJlbNbYLhwQkFYyCufb18VwSlk/view?usp=sharing
JMO

First,  I think you are entitled to your opinion. No problem there! People are going to feel different ways about it. I'm just presenting an alternate point of view.

I am not trying to minimize or excuse his behavior in any way. What I am trying to say is that there is no evidence that the behavior continued after he came to his agreement with Cassie. He changed in that regard, which is the ultimate goal of a RO.

It's entirely possible that his agreement with Cassie included a private apology along with consideration of the harm his behavior caused her. I'm sure that Cassie had adequate legal representation for that agreement, that looked out for her best interests.

As long as Colton's activities do not directly do further harm to Cassie, I don't see why he should be prevented from earning a living. He is a public figure, as is she, and they are both free to pursue a living in the public eye. JMO
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:29 pm

notarose wrote:@Amethyst
JMO
Colton will be paid whether Netflix completes filming or airs the documentary because a contract was signed.
2M IG followers continue to hold up Colton’s “platform”.

I won’t be signing a petition. I won’t be watching his doc. He’s not the type of person (unrelated to his sexual orientation) I care to give time or energy to.
That’s where I’m at.

That's where I'm at as well.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:14 am

IMO of course. Colton “came out” not because he had an epiphany. This was all carefully crafted after the Cassie Incident.

I will not watch and I will not sign anything. A manipulative person will always crash and burn in the end. To me he is borderline sociopath.

He has always bothered me for some reason I cant pinpoint. But I would rather not give my time or energy, for even this paragraph is too much time wasted on this pathetic human being.

nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:51 am

https://people.com/tv/petition-against-colton-underwoods-upcoming-netflix-series-receives-more-than-25000-signatures/
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1880

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:14 am

Petition to keep Colton's Netflix show off the air, because he stalked Cassie, is now at 29,160 votes of the 35,000 needed.
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1880

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:43 am

provenceguy wrote:Petition to keep Colton's Netflix show off the air, because he stalked Cassie, is now at 29,160 votes of the 35,000 needed.

Needed to do what? The show is filming right now. Netflix is not going to stop it.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:33 pm

Who thought at Netflix it was a good idea to offer him his show about struggling to come out? This coming out was a good and easy ad for Netflix and he pocketed $$ at the same time.

He is not even claiming he is bisexual but gay. I see no big deal and he will fall back to anonymous for the general audience very quickly. He is a nobody that has a ken figure.... like other millions guys out there.

Dust will fall back not soon enough.

JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Colton Underwood & Jordan Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion

+42
Minney
frajosfanofchris
alwayscooking
Amethyst
Mia_Leoni