SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 11 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:27 pm

I will never forget that day and weeks after glued to the TV. Not only was it heartbreaking the tears also were plenty watching how the world came together to help with love and support. I'm glad I was able to see the Twin Towers years ago, and then the 9/11 Memorial in NYC a few years ago.

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 11 310b429e6b6f925175734393833a7016

If you have a few minutes, this is a very touching twitter thread.

https://twitter.com/CAFinUS/status/1436163883912282113

911 Picture Source

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 11 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Post by Norcalgal Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:54 am

I just watched Come From Away on Apple TV about all the hundreds of people landing in Gander. It was fun and lighthearted and pretty accurate of how events happened. One thing I learned was the bus drivers were on strike and that is one reason people were stranded on the planes for such a long time. Buses were needed to transport all those on the many planes to locales in the area.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/10/movies/come-from-away-review.html

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5301

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:21 am

I don't know if anyone saw this in the news but I've been following this story for a few days. She was found Sept 12th, and was identified sometime last night. I have so many questions!

Croatian police solve mystery of woman with no memory found on rock

A woman rescued from a Croatian island with no memory of how she got there, where she came from or who she was, has been identified as a Slovakian former designer who had lived in the US and made jewellery for celebrities including Diana Ross.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/22/croatian-police-solve-mystery-of-woman-on-rock-with-no-memory

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:41 am

@GuardianAngel Am glad she was recognized and identified. I wonder if she has some type of mental illness? I hope Croatia or Slovenia, to where she'll probably be deported, has good programs to support her. She obviously has talent that can be productive.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:11 am

@Norcalgal I wonder what will happen to her. She appeared to have left in 1984 to live and work in L.A. It doesn't say if she's a US citizen. It also says tourists met her vacationing alone. It's such a mystery.

I'm so glad she was found and hope her memory comes back.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:36 pm

@GuardianAngel They mention in the story that she moved to Ireland and had been living there and became homeless. It is all very strange. She might still be a citizen of Slovakia so be allowed to go back there particularly if she has family there.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:25 pm

That was one of my questions, how did she get from Ireland to Croatia. The timeline is sketchy because they are relying on people who knew her.

I hope there is an update soon on her conditions.

I did some reading on amnesia and it can be linked to overwhelming stress. I can't imagine what she's been through. I wonder what the last thing is that she remembers.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:12 pm

@GuardianAngel Croatia is very popular with Europeans. It was one of the first countries to allow visitors and travel between European countries is really cheap. I flew from Venice to Dubrovnik for $45 Canadian. It would cost more in gas to drive. It is safe to travel around on your own so I suspect she just went on vacation and may have had an accident.

I also hope we hear what happened.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:54 am

@Sprite That's so cheap. I know people who visited Italy would take a power boat 4 hr ride from Pescara Italy to Croatia. Amazing how convenient it is to travel in Europe between flights boats and rail.

More details!! Amazing sleuthing towards the end of the article. Happy to hear her family has been contacted.

Waiter Took Daniela Adamcova to Krk, Croatia Spot: New Details Emerge

Adamcova is currently in the Rijeka KBC hospital. She is physically well, but she does not remember anything yet. In Slovakia, her family has been contacted, which should ease the whole situation.

https://www.total-croatia-news.com/news/56260-daniela-adamcova-krk-croatia

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:03 pm

@GuardianAngel Thanks for all the digging to come up with that article. You'd make a good detective! I hope she has friends or family who will help her through this trauma.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:24 am

Happy Halloween! What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 11 3682289457 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 11 3682289457 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 11 3682289457 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 11 3682289457

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 11 OIP_2__37663.1595105038

source

Two years ago I bought 150 chocolates. It was miserable raining and windy. Not many kids were out. I had over 100 chocolates left. Last year same thing, we ended up having a bad storm around 7:30pm , power outages, trees down, left with over 100 chocolates. I have a feeling the same thing this year! It's been chilly and raining all week. :headbanging I have to learn to buy treats I won't eat!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:46 pm

@GuardianAngel Hoping you get rid of most of your treats so they don't trick you into eating them!

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

+13
Fleurdesel
MiniDiva
Jolena
justcallmegranny
albean99