SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CanadaRemembers - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 7 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Post by Sprite Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:34 pm

We just got the go ahead for getting vaccinated because of work! I will be booking my appointment asap. My parents are scheduled for their first March 26th and the second April 16th. I will be curious to see if they delay the 2nd.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

CanadaRemembers - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 7 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:39 pm

@Sprite Good to hear!!

Fingers crossed no more delays.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:46 pm

My husband and I both got two shots of Pfizer vaccines, because we take care of my in-laws.
(So I will never complain again how hard it is to take care of them laugh out loud!)

We are lucky that we only had very minimum side effects, only sore arm for about two days. The discomfort is stronger after the second shot and I was nauseous the next day. I was scared what if it’s because I was pregnant! Luckily it went away in the afternoon.

The things we will do after fully vaccinated? Getting a hair cut, having my cleaning lady come to the house, scheduling appointments with my primary physician, my dentist, my optometrist.
Not traveling, not eating indoors, but maybe attending an outdoor baseball game?

Mask is my fashion statement for the rest of my life!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by justcallmegranny Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:05 pm

In our state, I am now eligible. I have a son who has Crohn's (a severe case) and is on immunosuppressant injections. My husband has his 2nd injection on Wednesday of this week. He got his earlier because his brother is a good bit older than him and has heart problems. He sometimes has to take him to dr appts and such. He got the Moderna.

justcallmegranny

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:23 pm

12 days to go for my 1st shot! CanadaRemembers - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 7 1176891977

@justcallmegranny is it easy for you to get an appointment or however they are rolling it out?

@sdmom glad to hear you and hubby are all jabbed up! thumbsup

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:49 pm

Mine is booked for this Sunday 28th at 5:10pm.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:52 pm

This is turning into a good news thread with all the vaccination news!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5313

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:36 pm

For those who aren't able to get vaccines yet, there may be other ways to get them. Check to see if there's a Facebook Covid Vaccine finders group in your area. I found one in Houston and told a friend about it and she & her husband were able to get vaccinated. We have one in Dallas and I was able to find out that you can volunteer at one or more of the vaccine sites and get vaccines that would otherwise be thrown out. Here's ours which is public if you want to see what it's like: Link   One of our sons got on a standby list at a different site that would text him and he'd reply right away if he could go. It probably took him 2 weeks to get through and get his vaccine. I've heard that some pharmacies will do that.

I just read that all Texas adults will qualify to get vaccines on March 29th! They'll still prioritize those who are most at risk but will be great that younger people and those who work in certain industries like stores and restaurants can get them. All of our immediate family, except the grandbaby, have gotten at least 1 shot and we'll be all fully vaccinated by mid-April. So excited that our youngest can finally hold his little niece then! CanadaRemembers - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 7 1176891977

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15327

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:32 pm

@Sprite Great news! I heard today restaurant workers are included in the teachers phase. Curious, are you going to a Shoppers, or one of the clinics or your doctor?

Still no news on when AstraZeneca will arrive in my area, so I'm so glad I have an appointment elsewhere.

@albean99 Thanks for sharing the info. Glad your immediate family have at least had one shot. yes

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:20 pm

@GuardianAngel I am going to the site nearest my house which is at a local arena. They have numerous sites all around London. One of my coworkers is going to the hospital one since she has lots of allergies...just in case.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:44 pm

Good luck to y’all!
I hope anyone who wants to get vaccinated will get it soon, with minimum side effects and maximum protection!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:04 pm

@Sprite that's great. We have several arena's a Performing Arts Centre and YMCA's set up. I hope I don't run into delays of shipment. I'm anxious.

@sdmom thumbsup

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

+13
Fleurdesel
MiniDiva
Jolena
justcallmegranny
albean99