SELECT CONTENT

DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 30 of 45 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 37 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 30 Empty Re: DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Amethyst Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:49 am

I was thinking about Kaitlyn this morning. To me the best contestants are the ones who dance well, but also have a sense of ease to their dancing. Last night, both Nev and Nelly had this sense of ease. Kaitlyn looks like she is working too hard, and I think this is because Artem is over-choreographing her dances. I found myself watching him at least half the time last night, and I think it was because he had this sense of ease. But IMO he has Kaitlyn doing way too much. If I were him, I'd cut back on the content, and let Kaitlyn get truly comfortable with the dance so that she can start to relax a bit more.

Also, I thought both Tyra and Carrie Ann were horrible to Kaitlyn last night, commenting about the expression on her face and forcing Kaitlyn to say that she was tired right before scoring. It's not unusual for the judges to pick on a front-runner at this point of the competition, but if they're not careful, Kaitlyn could get knocked out.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 30 Empty Re: DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by bluwavz Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:14 pm

Oct. 27, 2020

NINE CELEBRITY AND PRO-DANCER COUPLES FACE DOUBLE ELIMINATION AS THEY COMPETE ANOTHER WEEK FOR THE COVETED MIRRORBALL TROPHY ON ABC’S ‘DANCING WITH THE STARS,’ MONDAY, NOV. 2

“Double Elimination Night – Use Your Vote!” – As the show gets closer to its season finale, nine celebrity and pro-dancer couples face double elimination as they compete for this season’s eighth week live, MONDAY, NOV. 2 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EST), on ABC. Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

The show’s cold open will be a sketch aimed at encouraging people to vote as part of a nonpartisan initiative. Later, Tyra Banks will walk out to “Treasure” by Bruno Mars.  In addition, for the first time this season, Relay Dances will find our couples split into three groups, dancing either a Cha Cha, Samba or Viennese Waltz relay. Each group will dance to a different song and the couples will take turns, one couple dancing at a time.  One judge will rank the couples within each relay group and give bonus points depending on those rankings. These points will be combined with the individual scores and live voting to determine who is up for elimination.

Live votes (via abc.com, the ABC app and SMS/text) will occur each week only during the live broadcast in the EST/CST time zones (but fans in all U.S. time zones may vote within that window). With each subsequent episode, the live vote combined with the judges’ scores will be revealed during the broadcast. At the end of the evening, judges will decide which celebrity up for elimination stays in the competition and which celebrity’s journey comes to an end.

Vying for America’s vote, each couple will dance to a variety of songs including “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen, “Shout” by The Isley Brothers, “Stuck with U” by Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber and “Hound Dog” by Elvis Presley, among others.

The couples (with their dance choice and song) are as follows:

·       Kaitlyn Bristowe (“The Bachelor,” “The Bachelorette”) and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing Jive to “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen

·       Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson and pro Alan Bersten dancing the Salsa to “Work It” by Missy Elliott

·       Actress Justina Machado (“One Day at a Time”) and pro Sasha Farber dancing the Samba to “Magalenha” by Sergio Mendes

·       Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean and pro Cheryl Burke dancing the Rumba to “Way Down We Go” by KALEO

·       Emmy® Award-winning host of “The Real” and sideline correspondent on “Holey Moley,” Jeannie Mai, and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing the Charleston to “Shout” by The Isley Brothers

·       GRAMMY®-winning rapper Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Rumba to “Nobody Knows” by The Tony Rich Project

·       TV host Nev Schulman (“Catfish”) and pro Jenna Johnson dancing Viennese Waltz to “Stuck with U” by Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber

·       Actress Chrishell Stause (“Selling Sunset”) and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing Viennese Waltz to “Hound Dog” by Elvis Presley

·       Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart dancing the Foxtrot to “Wonder” by Shawn Mendes

https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/pressrelease/dancing-with-the-stars-double-elimination-night-use-your-vote-11-2/
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19225

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:59 pm

Doats wrote:
LoveDovez wrote:I can't believe Carrie Ann gave KB a 7. WTH????

@LoveDovez As usual you and I are on the same page.  DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 30 1377737533

I am not watching live this season but have watched every other season and Carrie Ann, in my opinion, has often be overly harsh in judging a woman. I guess Kaitlyn could be her "victim" this go-round.

@Doats I totally agree with you ( no surprise there laugh out loud) I wish they would get all new judges. Carrie Ann never picks on the men like she does the women. I thought the same about KB being her victim this season. I would love to see her win.

They bragged on Nelly, but if you watch his feet they all have the same steps no matter what he dances. He's just learned to dance his partner more. Plus he should have to wear the dance shoes just like the others does. IMO
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:34 pm

Last night was great seeing all the costumes! I didn't even recognize Nelly at first. I so wish Carrie Ann wasn't so rude to Kaitlyn in her comments. Hopefully Artem doesn't put so much choreography in their jive next week. I pray for 10's!!

I just don't like Skai.. I feel she's too young to really enjoy her dancing and her facial expressions. She might be in the B2 next week. So glad they saved Jeannie over Monica!

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 30 8367-910 DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 30 I_got_13 DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 30 E5kqdm15 DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 30 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11964

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:11 pm

DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 30 ElTG4dTX0AIvLNc

DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 30 ElS3h3xXgAA0Pty

DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 30 ElTLz4rX0AATDd7
https://mobile.twitter.com/DancingABC
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:23 pm

Just watched Johnny's Viennese Waltz and felt the beginning was weak but his dancing and fluidity got better as he continued. Must say I much prefer Johnny's skating to his dancing.

And what the heck was the story with all that "mist" obscuring both feet and steps? I remember one winter Olympics years ago when a Russian judge made the comment during the ladies' skate: "one must watch the feet, not the beautiful face." Seems to me that holds true for dancing as well. TPTB, ditch the mist/fog/whatever and let us watch the entire dancer.

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:42 pm

@Doats IA it's OTT and obscures what I really want to look at. It's distracting and I find I'm missing the actual performance.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:21 am

My impression about Kaitlyn:
1. She's trying too hard. Compare the joy that Justina brings with Kaitlyn. You don't see the joy with K.
2. Choreography - I've never been impressed with Artem. I can't say if his choreography is too much or not enough, it just doesn't wow me.

The judges may be harsh on K due to the high fan support and votes.

I loved the Black Swan paso last night - very different and dramatic.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5301

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:52 pm

https://twitter.com/etnow/status/1323274909536178176?s=20
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19225

Back to top Go down

Post by emiusacska Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:17 pm

That is good cause only one couple will be eliminated.  Hoping that its not either AJ or Kaitlyn.
emiusacska
emiusacska

Female Posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:39 pm

Ohhh that is awful. I hope she gets better soon. Terrible way to end her competition. Wishing her a speedy recovery. She is so sweet.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:59 pm

@bluwavz That's awful about Jenny. At least she can leave knowing she improved so much and had fun.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5301

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 45 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 37 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS - Season 29 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+29
SMH
mtnlvr55
George1218
jojo47
Billysmom