SELECT CONTENT

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BachelorNation - Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 10 Empty Re: Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Post by sun20j2001 Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:44 am

Rachael and Matt are still blocking people who are commenting about this on Bachelor Fan accounts so this apology doesn't mean anything to me. They are even blocking the people who are liking the comments that call her out on these pages. So don't tell me that your apology is for folks like me when you are still blocking those very people.

sun20j2001

Back to top Go down

BachelorNation - Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 10 Empty Re: Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Post by mercieme Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:22 am

sun20j2001 wrote:Rachael and Matt are still blocking people who are commenting about this on Bachelor Fan accounts so this apology doesn't mean anything to me. They are even blocking the people who are liking the comments that call her out on these pages. So don't tell me that your apology is for folks like me when you are still blocking those very people.

And this is why some folks just want to wait and see the work and actions she will put in to get better before making up their minds whether her apology is good enough. Gosh, it’s infuriating to read the SM comments attacking those trying to hold her accountable. Rachael is still going to be laughing to the bank since IMO she will have the largest IG following post season; she has the support of the show’s conservative fan base that believe she did nothing wrong to start with going by the phenotype of the folks commenting on her apology post. Folks on SM need to stop conflating cancel culture and accountability. Chris Harrison and others that share his view citing the “woke police” and “cancel culture” are just using that as a way to maintain their privilege and refute being accountable, all just my opinion.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:22 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
Ruqibabe wrote:Why is this neccessary?? Rachel didn't speak up at the right time, now she can't stop posting... Less is more now.. She needs to allow her apology post marinate and keep it silent for a few days in my opinion..
https://instagram.com/stories/rachaelkirkconnell/2507215527963625809?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=11tykhhgdxotgBachelorNation - Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 10 Screen45

I totally disagree with this. I'm a white female, I have a lot of friends some family and a lot of co workers who are from various nationalities. Not only am I supportive of them in every imaginable way possible, I am also offended to see racist behaviour. If she is now dictating who that apology is for, she has learned nothing at this point. Just because I am not labelled in that category doesn't mean I can't be disgusted. What about people in interracial marriages or relationships? The white person gets no say in that statement? Her first statement just might have helped someone realize how immoral it is to be racists. Now she wants anyone not labelled as BIPOC to stay quite? Clearly the PR person didn't get involved in that statement. JMO's.

I do understand where you are coming from GA. While those of us who are white are offended by racism too I’ve seen many POC say it is not our place to accept an apology on their behalf because the racism was directed toward them. I think what happens practically is that white people then determine whether or not an apology to POC is acceptable. From what I read this is happening on Rachael’s IG in that white people are commenting that she “has nothing to apologize for” or are praising her apology. Many POC probably would not agree with those takes by the white commenters. They see their voices getting silenced or ignored whereas the white voices tend to dominate and shape the narrative. Hopefully, I’ve explained that correctly but if not someone who understands this better than I can correct me.

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:56 am

I'm just curious. How do you know that someone is blocking people?

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by sun20j2001 Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:17 am

albean99 wrote:I'm just curious. How do you know that someone is blocking people?

They blocked multiple folks I follow on ig last night. I also follow the Catfish host Kamie and she was blocked as well and she has never tagged Rachael. Even folks on Reddit as of today were blocked by both Rachael and Matt.

sun20j2001

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:34 am

Me personally, I am surprised she even opened it up for it to be commented on to begin with, JMO.
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Post by mbl Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:36 am

@sun20j2001 just to clarify is there no way to tell if Matt and/or Rachael are blocking people other than being told by the blocked person that they were blocked?

mbl

Back to top Go down

Post by sun20j2001 Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:43 am

mbl wrote:@sun20j2001 just to clarify is there no way to tell if Matt and/or Rachael are blocking people other than being told by the blocked person that they were blocked?

There actually is because they have posted screenshots. You can check out @kamiecrawford ig for example. Its on her stories.

sun20j2001

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:57 am

I don't understand though on the blocking as there are literally thousands and thousands of comments. How would they even read through them all just to find someone to block. I don't get that unless they have commented and DM'd her before and blocked them then because maybe she didn't like their comment? Just asking because I got tired of trying to read all the comments so I can't imagine neither Rachel nor Matt trying to read EVERY comment just to find the folks block. Maybe she turned off being tagged? or being tagged by certain people in comments? JMO.

I am sure when all this came out I cant imagine all the vile words and hatred she got anyway and she could have blocked those people then. JMO.
chasus71
chasus71

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:07 pm

Rachael and her family and friends have religiously kept up with this story from the very beginning. From the main bachelor subreddit to the bachelor sub that's for POC, instagram, tiktok, etc. It's been going on for weeks now. Fan accounts for the show will post the newest uncovered racism that she participated in, there are comments criticizing her and comments defending her and she's been blocking those criticizing her on those fan accounts. She won't see all of the comments but she's seen some and both her and Matt have been blocking a lot of those people.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:18 pm

ReneeM wrote:Rachael and her family and friends have religiously kept up with this story from the very beginning. From the main bachelor subreddit to the bachelor sub that's for POC, instagram, tiktok, etc. It's been going on for weeks now. Fan accounts for the show will post the newest uncovered racism that she participated in, there are comments criticizing her and comments defending her and she's been blocking those criticizing her on those fan accounts. She won't see all of the comments but she's seen some and both her and Matt have been blocking a lot of those people.
 So Rachael is blocking them when they comment on Fan accounts then? which in turn blocks those from being able to comment under her account is this correct?
chasus71
chasus71

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:37 pm

gabriele wrote:snipped

I do understand where you are coming from GA. While those of us who are white are offended by racism too I’ve seen many POC say it is not our place to accept an apology on their behalf because the racism was directed toward them. I think what happens practically is that white people then determine whether or not an apology to POC is acceptable. From what I read this is happening on Rachael’s IG in that white people are commenting that she “has nothing to apologize for” or are praising her apology. Many POC probably would not agree with those takes by the white commenters. They see their voices getting silenced or ignored whereas the white voices tend to dominate and shape the narrative. Hopefully, I’ve explained that correctly but if not someone who understands this better than I can correct me.

Thank you for the explanation. bestbud! I don't read SM comments so I have no idea what's been said. I wasn't accepting or denying her apology, I was just commenting, but that makes total sense.

My point I think is what Ivan Hall described which I'm going to put myself in that category:

Additional thanks to all of the white allies out there (especially @ashleyspivey ). #BachelorNation

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLMrUzzptnY/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

+42
Sprite
Jane Austen
dee
lightredemption
Luvstruck