SELECT CONTENT

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BachelorNation - Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 7 Empty Re: Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Post by Norcalgal Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:34 pm

Idlemess wrote:
ReneeM wrote:Well Matt doesn’t strike me as husband material at this point in time either so if you ask me they’re a perfect match :yes:.

I really had hope with him as the lead, but with all the Black men in this country, he’s the one who fell into this gin joint of a show because of their lack of really looking for a “first Black bachelor”.

JMO

This is a case of "Be careful what you wish for". We have been clamoring for a black male lead and tptb delivered to us in a fast and furious way. I do wish they had more seriously vetted some of the previous black contestants as I think they could have found someone to better represent being the first. My issue with Matt is he's not mature enough, inexperience enough in love to be the lead. I have no doubt there are many redeeming qualities about him but seeing him as a potential husband - nope.

And so many of the contestants remind me of Hannah B - young, idealistic, only world experience is living in a cocoon of like-minded people. How can we root for them? I keep coming back to my mantra, "Be kind, be honest and go out and see the world. It opens your eyes and your heart.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5308

Back to top Go down

BachelorNation - Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 7 Empty Re: Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Post by pavalygurl Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:20 pm

@Norcalgal  I like your mantra!

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia_Leoni Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:25 pm

Agreed!

I've been thinking about what has turned me off from this franchise for the last couple of years.

It isn't the promise of Instagram followers, shilling and D-list opportunities. By all means, if a Contestant's real goal is to develop their platforms, good for them.

What makes me feel ick, is the bullying. Women tearing other women apart is encouraged, and its been the focal point of the storylines, both on and off camera.

What used to be nice about the Bachelor/ette was the dating and the exciting locations. Previous "villains" were characters you loved to hate. Obviously they were self-absorbed and competitive, but they were also characters.

Now its just become ugly. The immature, mean-girl attitude. Its hard to care or root for anyone. Its not fun for me as the viewer, because this goes too far.

If the producers really listened to what the viewers want, it sounds that based on various franchise-related chats, that a lot of viewers aren't really that interested in watching this type of drama every single season, either.

IMO, of course. But I've noticed lots of women say the same.

Mia_Leoni

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:45 pm

Mia_Leoni wrote:Agreed!

I've been thinking about what has turned me off from this franchise for the last couple of years.

It isn't the promise of Instagram followers, shilling and D-list opportunities. By all means, if a Contestant's real goal is to develop their platforms, good for them.

What makes me feel ick, is the bullying. Women tearing other women apart is encouraged, and its been the focal point of the storylines, both on and off camera.

What used to be nice about the Bachelor/ette was the dating and the exciting locations.  Previous "villains" were characters you loved to hate. Obviously they were  self-absorbed and competitive, but they were also characters.

Now its just become ugly. The immature, mean-girl attitude. Its hard to care or root for anyone. Its not fun for me as the viewer, because this goes too far.

If the producers really listened to what the viewers want, it sounds that based on various franchise-related chats, that a lot of viewers aren't really that interested in watching this type of drama every single season, either.

IMO, of course. But I've noticed lots of women say the same.

ITA! I have no use for it and it doesn't provide me with any benefits when I watch that. It feels enjoyable watching a relationship with sparks, or wonderful countries that they are travelling to, or fun dates and makes me want to watch more.

Wait till you see Victoria tonight. I just saw a clip of her. It's so obvious why she was cast, why she uses the nickname Queen and why they casted another contestant who is a beauty pageant winner.

We have enough hate in this world, it's beyond my comprehension why they continue to focus on this type of crap. JMO's.

Rachel has some work to do IMHO when it comes to her friends and their attitudes.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by frajosfanofchris Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:11 am

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan
frajosfanofchris
frajosfanofchris

Female Posts : 2303

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:15 pm

Cue the F1 music...
RS says today they are together but not engaged.
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1885

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:16 pm

I see lust. I see the bubble. Nothing more.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:22 pm

Well, to be fair most of the relationships coming out of this are "bubble level". You have to have that maturity level and Matt does not have that yet even though he is about to be 30 (or is 30) and Rachel is 24. IDK, maybe they are different now together than what we see on TV, Hard to say really. If he did choose Rachel then I am glad they are just "dating" & don't have the extra pressure of being "engaged". Especially considering neither have been "in love" before. Good to see if these feelings are truly real or as some say "bubble feelings". JMO.
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:37 pm

chasus71 wrote:Well, to be fair most of the relationships coming out of this are "bubble level". You have to have that maturity level and Matt does not have that yet even though he is about to be 30 (or is 30) and Rachel is 24. IDK, maybe they are different now together than what we see on TV, Hard to say really. If he did choose Rachel then I am glad they are just "dating" & don't have the extra pressure of being "engaged". Especially considering neither have been "in love" before. Good to see if these feelings are truly real or as some say "bubble feelings". JMO.

While I agree up to a point, usually there is at least something a little more substantial to go with. These two seemed to have gone from 0 to 60. I know editing has a lot to do with that, but even with the previous couples that I thought were in the bubble and weren't going to make it, it seemed like there was more of a reason behind my conclusion. With these two I feel I'm watching a couple in middle school...I like you. No, I like you more. No...I like you more.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by luvnunity Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:45 pm

While I agree up to a point, usually there is at least something a little more substantial to go with. These two seemed to have gone from 0 to 60. I know editing has a lot to do with that, but even with the previous couples that I thought were in the bubble and weren't going to make it, it seemed like there was more of a reason behind my conclusion. With these two I feel I'm watching a couple in middle school...I like you. No, I like you more. No...I like you more.[/quote]

Yes! It feels really juvenile. Maybe that’s the point. They are edited to look like silly kids in love as a juxtaposition to a more mature relationship with Michelle and Bri. Will Matt put on his Big Boy pants and make a mature decision, or will he follow the Two Crazy Kids in Love path?
luvnunity
luvnunity

Female Posts : 837

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:01 pm

I think that sometimes people (myself included) may watch this show with the idea of who the lead would work out with in part of who they match up best "on paper" with. Bri and Michelle are two examples of this. Matt seems to have quite a bit in common with both of these women. However, if he wants to be with someone else -- it doesn't matter who "the best fit is for him" or if it "makes more sense" for him to choose someone that may seem to be more compatible with him. Maybe he should give the other women more of a chance, but if he's not feeling it with them then he's not. He has the right to pick who he wants to. That doesn't take away from any of the other women or how wonderful they might be. I always hope that people can learn from their experiences and make changes in their beliefs or how they behave, so I hope the best for Matt, who he chooses and everyone else as well. All JMO.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:46 pm

@suzq Thank you so much for your comment I agree with your insight. At the end of the day it is easy for some viewers to see and believe the lead is best matched with someone else based on what we know from their bios and other things. However, we have no idea how the lead feels and clicks with his chosen one. They have more time than what we are shown anyway so for all we know he has just been so enamored with Rachael and is a reason why he has kept her so close to him before the one on one.

He is at least still trying to date other ladies and maybe just to see if perhaps one could come close to how he obviously already is feeling about Rachael. JMO.
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

+42
Sprite
Jane Austen
dee
lightredemption
Luvstruck