SELECT CONTENT

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BachelorNation - Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Post by luvnunity Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:53 pm

Still processing my feelings about her. My biggest issue is that I wish we didn't even have to watch this happen on Matt's season. What this has become is a season of watching a black man constantly tend to toxic issues of white women. It's not that BIPOC viewers were insisting he end up with a WOC, we just wanted to watch a normal-ish dating scenario like everyone else has had.
luvnunity
luvnunity

Female Posts : 837

Back to top Go down

BachelorNation - Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Post by chasus71 Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:25 pm

@luvnunity

Yes but it is still the bachelor show with all the antics and everything else. It is not a normal dating anything IMO. It is almost as bad as the concept of Love Island. But who am I to judge?

The only show that perhaps comes close to being a normal dating show that leads to marriage is perhaps Love Is Blind on Netflix. Even Married at First Sight is normal compared to Bach Nation shows. JMO

I will say that "sometimes " the show gets a successful couple however, they could care less really about it as they focus on the drama and everything else instead. If a love story comes out of it then it is a freaking miracle that it happened. JMO.
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:50 pm

Does anyone else think this was not written by Rachel? To me it just doesn't sound like how she speaks on the show. Maybe a lawyer or PR person wrote it on her behalf with her input. I don't know, something just feels off about it to me.

I will be curious to see how she proceeds from this. It is easy to mouth platitudes.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:57 pm

@Sprite For course it wasnt written by her.. its not personable at all.. I give her kudos for the attempt at pacifying people..

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:06 am

It almost sounds like Matt ... he probably had his hand in it for sure
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:17 am

Why is this neccessary?? Rachel didn't speak up at the right time, now she can't stop posting... Less is more now.. She needs to allow her apology post marinate and keep it silent for a few days in my opinion..
https://instagram.com/stories/rachaelkirkconnell/2507215527963625809?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=11tykhhgdxotgBachelorNation - Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 9 Screen45

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by mbl Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:33 am

@Ruqibabe I think she did that because the majority of comments on her post were “you did nothing wrong” “you don’t owe anyone an apology”, etc. It was very depressing to read those comments IMO.

mbl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:45 am

mbl wrote:@Ruqibabe I think she did that because the majority of comments on her post were “you did nothing wrong” “you don’t owe anyone an apology”, etc. It was very depressing to read those comments IMO.  
Ohhhh... She doesn't need to answer those people, the freaking enablers.. Any post or comment that could be misinterpreted needs to be avoided... She should probably disable her comment section... IMO

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:31 am

chasus71 wrote:Doesn't matter when she posted or made a statement people will feel how they feel no matter what. Plus considering how people were still looking for things I don't blame her for waiting to post. At the end of the day some wont even accept it and will still label her a "racist".

I am glad she was able to make a statement nonetheless. JMO.

If some don’t accept Rachael’s apology I imagine that is because they are waiting to see if it is followed up with action. We have no way of knowing if Rachael’s apology was sincere or if it was merely performative. It was clearly written by a PR team. I am hopeful it was real nonetheless and her actions going forward will show whether or not this was the case. Do you know what whataboutism is?

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:57 am

Ruqibabe wrote:
mbl wrote:@Ruqibabe I think she did that because the majority of comments on her post were “you did nothing wrong” “you don’t owe anyone an apology”, etc. It was very depressing to read those comments IMO.  
Ohhhh... She doesn't need to answer those people, the freaking enablers.. Any post or comment that could be misinterpreted needs to be avoided... She should probably disable her comment section... IMO
I actually think this clarification is a good thing. If 50 people has made those kind of comments on her SM, I bet that 50,000 or 500,000 are thinking the same. When this comes from her, some of them might start thinking.
With that said, it looks like she still has that PR person in her ear, or she is a very quick learner.
JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:33 am

Ruqibabe wrote:Why is this neccessary?? Rachel didn't speak up at the right time, now she can't stop posting... Less is more now.. She needs to allow her apology post marinate and keep it silent for a few days in my opinion..
https://instagram.com/stories/rachaelkirkconnell/2507215527963625809?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=11tykhhgdxotgBachelorNation - Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 9 Screen45

I totally disagree with this. I'm a white female, I have a lot of friends some family and a lot of co workers who are from various nationalities. Not only am I supportive of them in every imaginable way possible, I am also offended to see racist behaviour. If she is now dictating who that apology is for, she has learned nothing at this point. Just because I am not labelled in that category doesn't mean I can't be disgusted. What about people in interracial marriages or relationships? The white person gets no say in that statement? Her first statement just might have helped someone realize how immoral it is to be racists. Now she wants anyone not labelled as BIPOC to stay quite? Clearly the PR person didn't get involved in that statement. JMO's.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:35 am

I think it's because while anyone can be offended or angry at seeing examples of bigotry and racism, many of us are not the ones hurt directly by it. I don't have a problem with Racheal making it clear who her apology was for.

I know that I have a lot to learn and clearly so does Racheal. If she is the f1 then it gets that much harder with the media attention. BachelorNation - Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 9 4256136633

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

+42
Sprite
Jane Austen
dee
lightredemption
Luvstruck