SELECT CONTENT

Updates on Past Contestants With No Thread - All Seasons - Discussion - #4

Page 8 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updates on Past Contestants With No Thread - All Seasons - Discussion - #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Updates on Past Contestants With No Thread - All Seasons - Discussion - #4

Post by leavers Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:30 pm

They're very bad. Pretty much the worst old dug-up tweets I've ever seen IMO, especially considering all her Instagram sex positivity and diversity stuff. And at the age she wrote them she would have been studying with the intention to become a therapist already, and absolutely should have and would have known better.

Makes me wonder how much 'cancel culture' stuff is driven by people who are projecting their own behaviour and thoughts onto others. Just my own thoughts there.

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Updates on Past Contestants With No Thread - All Seasons - Discussion - #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Updates on Past Contestants With No Thread - All Seasons - Discussion - #4

Post by albean99 Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:26 pm

I didn’t really like Taylor before and those horrible tweets don’t help. I can’t imagine what her patients think.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15295

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:55 am

leavers wrote:They're very bad. Pretty much the worst old dug-up tweets I've ever seen IMO, especially considering all her Instagram sex positivity and diversity stuff. And at the age she wrote them she would have been studying with the intention to become a therapist already, and absolutely should have and would have known better.

Makes me wonder how much 'cancel culture' stuff is driven by people who are projecting their own behaviour and thoughts onto others. Just my own thoughts there.

yes
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by lightredemption Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:50 am

How can she start that video off by talking about her and how she's been affected. Those tweets are absolutely disgusting and there are so many of them as well, sheesh.

Also her entire "apology" is about how amazing and wonderful and enlightened she is now so I guess she should supposedly be let off the hook? I don't understand why you would leave such terrible, hurtful things up and then also (to my knowledge) never reference them until this moment.
lightredemption
lightredemption

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:25 pm

I didn't get why she didn't delete them either, @lightredemption. They're hurtful and hateful to so many people so why not delete them and then explain why she did? You can own your past without leaving them out for all to see, imo.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15295

Back to top Go down

Post by lightredemption Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:51 pm

Her explanation doesn't make any sense IMO. Wanting to take accountability for your past is fine and she claims that this is what she too was doing but how are you holding yourself accountable when you're not even the one revealing this information?

She really doesn't deserve to have a public platform anymore. So much of her "apology" was mostly a desperate plea to not be cancelled. That's what I got from listening to her the past few days - that what she cares about the most is her social media following and being able to maintain that. But all her credibility is gone now and I don't know how she expects anyone to take her seriously ever again
lightredemption
lightredemption

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:06 am

Taylor is the antithesis of the people I know who went into counseling. How she made it through that training process is beyond me. I never liked her to begin with, but these tweets are over the top awful.

Rachel Lindsay said something that bothered me, that basically whoever combed through Taylor's tweets did it out of bad intent --

"On her Tuesday podcast episode, Lindsay said that while the tweets were wrong, she takes issue with people who appear to be 'out to crucify' Nolan, who now works as a licensed therapist. 'What she did was wrong. It was terrible. It was shocking. It was disgusting and she should be held accountable for that,' Lindsay said. 'But I think the problem is that the people who went digging for that were out to crucify her.' "

https://people.com/tv/rachel-lindsay-says-shes-disappointed-by-taylor-nolans-shocking-resurfaced-tweets/

Well if that's true, the same thing could be said for whoever did it to Rachael K., and Demi, and Hannah B., etc. It's obvious that people are out there digging for whatever they could find, and that future cast members should take that as a warning. If it's on social media, people might very well find it.

I don't see how Taylor can bounce back from this. She's evidently lost some followers (and some sponsors,) but not as many as you would think.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:03 pm

The Daily Mail online today says that numerous complaints about Taylor’s tweets have been lodged with the Washington State licensing commission. A rep says the complaints are being taken seriously, but I don’t know that they’re enough to revoke her license as her “clients are not in danger” because of them. That would be the issue.
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1873

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:02 pm

Here is a really nice article about Bekah Martinez.
https://www.parents.com/parenting/celebrity-parents/moms-dads/bachelor-alum-bekah-martinez-on-motherhood-forget-trying-to-be-cool/

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:14 pm

Chelsea Vaughn discusses her time on the show, her hair journey, and modeling. The thing that surprised me about her responses is that she said models are now routinely asked how many followers they have, and that you might lose a job to someone with a higher follower count. It's like modeling and influencing are blending together. I think that's a shame, but I guess it's the way of the world. I suppose that means that we can expect more models applying to be on the show.

https://www.thethings.com/exclusive-chelsea-vaughn-speaks-on-modeling-industry-inclusion-and-her-personal-hair-journey/
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:23 pm

blueblues wrote:Here is a really nice article about Bekah Martinez.
https://www.parents.com/parenting/celebrity-parents/moms-dads/bachelor-alum-bekah-martinez-on-motherhood-forget-trying-to-be-cool/

Bekah looks amazing! I like that, "unlike a lot of social media stars, her currency is attainable, happy imperfection." That works for me so much better than people who are carefully curated. There are so many days when I have to tell myself, I don't live in "Perfect." Her kids are super cute, and I like that she will be graduating from college soon and is starting her own business.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:59 pm

Amethyst wrote:Chelsea Vaughn discusses her time on the show, her hair journey, and modeling. The thing that surprised me about her responses is that she said models are now routinely asked how many followers they have, and that you might lose a job to someone with a higher follower count. It's like modeling and influencing are blending together. I think that's a shame, but I guess it's the way of the world. I suppose that means that we can expect more models applying to be on the show.

https://www.thethings.com/exclusive-chelsea-vaughn-speaks-on-modeling-industry-inclusion-and-her-personal-hair-journey/

Great article. She is a beautiful young lady.

IG followers can mean much of anything. You could have hundreds of thousands and they are mostly bought or bots, or you could have a few hundred thousands and they are true followers. What an illogical way of thinking imo.

My son had over 70K followers because he uses excessive use of hashtags for his business. He was getting so much spam, he deleted it and started over under a different name.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Updates on Past Contestants With No Thread - All Seasons - Discussion - #4

+41
emiusacska
Aunties_Love
fabgirl
Kels0012
2observe