SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Fri May 21, 2021 4:48 am

HEA wrote:
Bobette wrote:
HEA wrote:Well… unless they cast all bisexual, I do not see lesbian “hooking up” with straight guys…. Just saying.

And because someone is bi doesn’t mean they jump on everything…….

I believe they do expect some drama and indeed bi hooking with some guy and I do expect they will cast few to do just that. The same way they cast racists on a black lead, jerks to stir drama, etc

But all? No. I strongly believe we will see a love story. I feel a complete different vibe from previous bachelorette AU… Thanks Gawd!

10 needed something big to bring back interest after so many fiascos.

J
M
O

Re: the bold... other lesbians and bi women will be there.  And if they're living in the same house 24/7 and getting boozy at cocktail parties there's 1000% higher chance of the girls hooking up with each other than Brooke IMO.

Not to mention the potential for bi girls to hook up with the male contestants.  This kind of gender mashup worked extremely well with Are You the One season 8 but when they're all meant to be competing for ONE lead?  Nope.  

I'm sure TPTB have a bunch of storylines cooked up already (and I'm fully expecting a 50/50 boy/girl Top 4) but this version of the show format has several obvious flaws and will turn out to be little more than a gimmick IMO.  

Someone calculated one season how much time F1 spent with the lead and it was like 26 hours total, during 2.5 months of filming.  With the contestants living together, the real relationships will be off-camera this season, IMO.

On the bright side, this does add an extra dimension to the sleuthing, since TPTB will presumably want to keep any extra-curricular relationships under wraps, so as not to distract from the main storyline.  Need to keep a sharp eye...  

:detective

That bi automatically jump on everything because they have more choices is ridiculous. they are as picky as straight people. They are not more sexual. They have more choices, true. But the perception that they are sex fiends is ludicrous. (Hookups in my book equals occasional sex)

It is all about personalities.

If they cast 90% racists and the lead is a non white… how much chances do we have to have dramas versus casting 90% non racists?

If they cast bi that love to party and bar hookups versus bi who I call everyday people who are more “serious” or stable… how many will hookup? Not mentioning that we will find lesbians too?

But we know that producers WILL cast the party’s people instead and will find the graal if a bi hookup with a straight during the show. I am betting my money they will. They will always find young people ready to sell themselves on TV.

But again, doesn’t mean all bi will do…………. It irks me to see the public bias because they have no knowledge but preconceived ideas.

I don’t think anyone is naive to think all 25 or 30 people will be genuine…. I think we will see the same ratio of jerks and genuine.

JMO
Sex fiends?  laugh out loud  Not sure how you got that from my post.  Finding other people attractive doesn't make someone a pervert and besides, my point was more about the proximity of living arrangements and the amount of quality time contestants necessarily spend with each other, compared to the Lead.

You throw a bunch of hot singles together in a house 24/7 and relationships will inevitably form IMO.  That is literally the premise of many dating shows.  Heck look at how many F/F couples we've had come out of straight Bachelor seasons (not sure how genuine any of them were, but I digress...).  

I'm sure TPTB will have included some kind of "no fraternising" clause in the contracts for this season, but I'll be shocked if none of the contestants hook up.  Brooke is an attractive woman IMO, but some of these people won't even get a date with her, and a lot can happen when the cameras are off.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by LeapofFaith Fri May 21, 2021 5:23 am

Brooke has said in an interview that she expects some contestants may hook up but she said that she will be ok with it. She said if she helps others find love that's great...- i will find the article and post it in SM when i get the chance
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri May 21, 2021 5:24 am

Well there you go, if even the Lead expects it, that says something, IMO.  I could see TPTB working some hookups in as a spin-off storyline (for better or worse, depending on who it is, and how they have chosen to portray them).
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri May 21, 2021 12:55 pm

Dirty Street Pie wrote:I actually wish they would stop effing with the Bette, and give us a regular season with no twists. Dual Bette sisters last year sucked, and this year will get messy with potential hook ups between bi girls and straight guys, or gay girls with each other.
As much as they will try to amp up the whole “which way will Brooke swing” angle IMO she will kiss a couple of girls, then end up choosing a chisel jawed bloke laugh out loud

Agree. I have no issues having bisexual people hooking up on tv, but this is no longer the bachelor/bachelorette. It is a different show. They did this years ago with A Shot at Love with Tila Tiquila. My specific issue with this new twist is that tptb will manipulate and twist this to be even more salacious. We all know they have prearranged storylines, cast members who will do anything for air time and they know how to push their buttons. It's not like they will sit back and let things happen naturally. Not a chance. They will turn something that could have been fun and interesting into a big old mess and beat us over the head with the sex.

I think that after the last few disaster seasons, they think that ratcheting up the sex angle will bring in viewers. I doubt it will work, but I shudder to think how they will ramp things up after this season because every new season has to be the most dramatic ever

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Fri May 21, 2021 1:03 pm

Yeah the pansexual angle is going to be super gimmicky. I'm not excited at all for that. It is going to do nothing for true LGBTQI representation on TV, and probably do more damage than Mardi Gras, which has become nothing but an opportunity for the Sydney social scene to dress up in glitter, get wasted and pretend they care about marginalised groups. I know that TBTB are going to do a terrible job and it is going to be absolute cringe.

What I am excited for is an Indigenous person leasing a show. I am trying to think back to when an Indigenous person has ever been the lead of a TV show in Aus and I believe the answer is never? It's great to finally see some diversity on this show.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri May 21, 2021 1:45 pm

Vjeff wrote:Yeah the pansexual angle is going to be super gimmicky. I'm not excited at all for that. It is going to do nothing for true LGBTQI representation on TV, and probably do more damage than Mardi Gras, which has become nothing but an opportunity for the Sydney social scene to dress up in glitter, get wasted and pretend they care about marginalised groups. I know that TBTB are going to do a terrible job and it is going to be absolute cringe.

What I am excited for is an Indigenous person leasing a show. I am trying to think back to when an Indigenous person has ever been the lead of a TV show in Aus and I believe the answer is never? It's great to finally see some diversity on this show.

Sadly I think that aspect will be overshadowed by the sex angle. It actually makes me rather mad/sad that an Indigenous person couldn't just be promoted as that...a racially diverse person. I wonder if it will even be mentioned? or if it is, it will be in passing, meanwhile...sex, sex and more sex. deadhorse

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 22, 2021 11:23 pm

My pledge:

I will approach her season with fun and optimism. I will leave my biased and jaded coat in the basement and will do my best to do not poop on anyone’s fun just because. I will ignore negativity and be happy to watch a lead I like.

I hope to have fun with people who like her too :yes: I had so much fun with Tayshia season that I cross fingers and toes to have a repeat experience.!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon May 24, 2021 5:11 am

Sprite wrote:
Dirty Street Pie wrote:I actually wish they would stop effing with the Bette, and give us a regular season with no twists. Dual Bette sisters last year sucked, and this year will get messy with potential hook ups between bi girls and straight guys, or gay girls with each other.
As much as they will try to amp up the whole “which way will Brooke swing” angle IMO she will kiss a couple of girls, then end up choosing a chisel jawed bloke laugh out loud

Agree. I have no issues having bisexual people hooking up on tv, but this is no longer the bachelor/bachelorette. It is a different show. They did this years ago with A Shot at Love with Tila Tiquila. My specific issue with this new twist is that tptb will manipulate and twist this to be even more salacious. We all know they have prearranged storylines, cast members who will do anything for air time and they know how to push their buttons. It's not like they will sit back and let things happen naturally. Not a chance. They will turn something that could have been fun and interesting into a big old mess and beat us over the head with the sex.

I think that after the last few disaster seasons, they think that ratcheting up the sex angle will bring in viewers. I doubt it will work, but I shudder to think how they will ramp things up after this season because every new season has to be the most dramatic ever

The bold is key IMO - I'll definitely watch, but the mixed gender cast is a huge shift away from the original format, and it does feel like a different show.  It probably would have been less of a leap to have a lesbian Lead, and an all-female cast.  With so many potential in-house relationships now, I feel like the main relationship could be the least interesting aspect this season.  I just hope, if it turns out to be a hot mess, that TPTB will show it ALL.  laugh out loud

Sportsbet seem certain Brooke will choose an F1, but have conveniently not offered a market for their gender.  From Brooke's recent relationships, her preference seems to be for tall, male, muscly, football/rugby players, which is a very boring, typical choice for a female Leads, so she needs to tread carefully IMO.  If she fools around with a few girls, then ends up picking a Frazer type, the accusations of queerbaiting will be deafening, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflylove Sat May 29, 2021 8:47 pm

butterflylove
butterflylove

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflylove Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:01 am

Just a wee bit excited, but Paul Versace (Styled By Bloom) will be dressing Brooke (and I in general love his styling already)!! Her styling will be new and fresh and just what we need after the same old same old carbon copying from Kim.

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 11 Img_3413

butterflylove
butterflylove

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflylove Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:57 am

Brooke on an abseiling date with a guy!

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 11 44611959-9720217-Secure_The_suitor_looked_very_pleased_to_be_receiving_one_of_Bro-a-85_1624701365371

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 11 44611951-9720217-image-a-14_1624516484984

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 11 44612105-9720217-image-m-5_1624516273870

Source: Daily Mail

@GuardianAngel, could we create a contestant thread for abseiling date dude?
butterflylove
butterflylove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:26 am

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+18
Nothing
just me
Vjeff
Storybook
Agent99
Loulou
Enough
Bobette
bachfan101
AEF
Dumb