SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 27 Empty Re: Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bachhh022 Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:52 am

Amethyst wrote:Katie likes to play with the fans with regard to social media (i.e. her posts about visiting John's bar. For a long time fans felt that John might make the F4 if not the F1.) I also could see her doing some pre-emptive damage control with regard to Greg. She might not want to see him dragged by the fan base.

I actually think it’s more likely that SHE doesn’t want to be dragged by the fan base. Lol. General viewers love Greg right now. So she may be liking some of what she is so that viewers won’t turn on her as much.
Bachhh022
Bachhh022

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 27 Empty Re: Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Amethyst Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:21 am

I want to say something about Greg that has taken a while for me to put into words. It goes back to when he said that he "couldn't read" Katie. Now granted, I spend a lot of time reading facial expressions, but even so, I think that Katie is one of the most visually transparent bachelorettes that we've had in a long time. When she's interested in a guy, you see it on her face, and in the tilt of her head, in her smile, and in her flirtatiousness. She's incapable of hiding it.

Years ago, an A-list actor -- I want to say it was Al Pacino -- said that he would go to restaurants specifically to watch people. He would study their facial expressions, mannerisms, body movements, etc., to add to his repertoire of expressions and mannerisms that he would draw from in order to create a character. Studying people closely is what actors do.

So, Greg went to acting school for two years, and yet still doesn't know how to closely observe people? That makes zero sense to me. It's the same deal if you work in marketing/sales as he does -- you have to watch your prospect to see how they react to whatever you are trying to pitch, and make adjustments on the fly accordingly. There are plenty of occupations where noticing things is a part of the job description -- but most especially, acting. IMO it just doesn't add up. He can't be that oblivious.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:14 am

I wonder if he felt she was "acting" - ie suspecting that she was dealing with the other guys in much the same way. He only sees how she is acting with him - but becasue of the nature of this show - she has to keep it going with multiple suitors - so how is he to know ?
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:18 am

CHO wrote:I wonder if he felt she was "acting" - ie suspecting that she was dealing with the other guys in much the same way.  He only sees how she is acting with him - but becasue of the nature of this show - she has to keep it going with multiple suitors - so how is he to know ?

My thinking is that if it's obvious to the fans, it should have been obvious to Greg as well. JMO
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:28 am

I remember what Lauren said about Arie, that she always knew what he was thinking, and Arie confirmed. IMO, if you can't "read" or get a feeling as to what your partner is thinking/feeling, maybe your just not a good fit.
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:07 am

Updated info from Reality Steve:

With this being the 3rd consecutive “bubble” season of the show (Clare/Tayshia, Matt, Katie), you’ve seen that spoilers have just been tougher to get. Been able to get a lot of spoilers, but details surrounding those spoilers have been harder to come by. Like back on May 13th, I wrote this regarding Michael A. leaving the show: “I don’t know any of the exact details regarding his departure, I just know either Katie sends him home to be with his son or he wants to leave because of it. I believe he makes it to the episode before hometowns.” So half of that is right. Michael does self-eliminate, but not until next week. So at the end of the episode tonight, your final 4 are: Michael A., Blake, Justin, and Greg. Andrew gets sent home at the rose ceremony. However, the next day Andrew comes back to say goodbye, which is what we’ve seen in the promos all season.

Basically, I had Andrew and Michael A. flip flopped. Andrew finished 5th with Michael finishing 4th. When I reported that back in May on Michael A., the one thing I knew was that his family never met Katie. So I made the assumption he didn’t finish top 4 since, well, top 4 get hometowns. I made the wrong assumption there on his placement. He finishes 4th, BUT, his family doesn’t meet Katie. At the beginning of next weeks episode, we’ll see Michael self eliminate because of his son, and Katie never meets his family. Then the episode will transition into the “Men Tell All,” which was filmed this past Thursday and Michael was there. And there was an audience in attendance as well. Kaitlyn and Tayshia hosted.

And yes, I can’t WAIT to get the onslaught of “You said Andrew was Final 4!” emails, tweets, and DM’s that are coming tonight even though this info will be posted on all my social platforms today. Neither Michael or Andrew had a hometown date. I had their order screwed up. I can live with that.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19225

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:05 pm

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting that. But it does make sense. I guess that one particular phone call broke Michael A. -- I think it would for most parents. Also, it's possible that Michael saw at that point that the F1 would be either Greg or Blake, meaning that there would be no reason for him to stay given that his young son needed him.

Justin is the one that I can't figure. I think Katie liked him, but didn't have any real chemistry with him. But maybe it didn't matter much at that point. I think Michael A. would have been F3 if he had stuck around.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:19 pm

Amethyst wrote:I want to say something about Greg that has taken a while for me to put into words. It goes back to when he said that he "couldn't read" Katie. Now granted, I spend a lot of time reading facial expressions, but even so, I think that Katie is one of the most visually transparent bachelorettes that we've had in a long time. When she's interested in a guy, you see it on her face, and in the tilt of her head, in her smile, and in her flirtatiousness. She's incapable of hiding it.

Years ago, an A-list actor -- I want to say it was Al Pacino -- said that he would go to restaurants specifically to watch people. He would study their facial expressions, mannerisms, body movements, etc., to add to his repertoire of expressions and mannerisms that he would draw from in order to create a character. Studying people closely is what actors do.

So, Greg went to acting school for two years, and yet still doesn't know how to closely observe people? That makes zero sense to me. It's the same deal if you work in marketing/sales as he does -- you have to watch your prospect to see how they react to whatever you are trying to pitch, and make adjustments on the fly accordingly. There are plenty of occupations where noticing things is a part of the job description -- but most especially, acting. IMO it just doesn't add up. He can't be that oblivious.

Great post.

The acting school thing is just astounding. Someone pointed out that the school greg went to is more toward theatre work which made me laugh more. Who wants to hear that awful vocal fry in the theatre? One would think he would have done something about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:32 pm

I'm curious as to who the producers will throw under the bus with regard to this blow up between Greg and Katie?
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:49 pm

alwayscooking wrote:I'm curious as to who the producers will throw under the bus with regard to this blow up between Greg and Katie?

Great question & my guess is Greg. I expect a choppy edit of the blow up & they’ll splice & dice to tell the story they want.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:01 pm

Edit may change a different direction but ...
As of now -- we are seeing Katie say one thing to Greg - falling for him - dreamy eyes etc. But then we see the visit from Blake with the hallway passionate kissing. Give her credit that she didn't invite Blake to stay but I sympathized with Greg - not knowing how to read her ....
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:21 pm

CHO wrote:Edit may change a different direction but ...
As of now -- we are seeing Katie say one thing to Greg - falling for him - dreamy eyes etc.  But then we see the visit from Blake with the hallway passionate kissing.  Give her credit that she didn't invite Blake to stay but I sympathized with Greg - not knowing how to read her ....

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 27 1022092695
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+41
luvnunity
homeiswhereweroll
gurlbrit
notarose
GuardianAngel