SELECT CONTENT

Hannah Brown & Adam Woolard - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hannah Brown & Adam Woolard - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hannah Brown & Adam Woolard - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by bluwavz Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:23 pm

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-the-ben-and-ashley-28165481/episode/mini-in-depth-hannah-brown-89671465/
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19214

Back to top Go down

Hannah Brown & Adam Woolard - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Hannah Brown & Adam Woolard - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by Sprite Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:08 pm

@albean99 I don't know. I can't really blame Tyler. She slept with Peter and Jed, but not him. Bragged about 4x in the windmill and still picked Jed. She broke up with Jed because he had a girlfriend and then expected Tyler to rescue her on the AFTR and be OK with it. I said it then and I still think it, I don't care how much you care about someone, but it will be the rare person who can take that public humiliation and forgive it...particularly as quickly as she expected.

Hannah is clearly a troubled young woman and I hope she has since been seeing a therapist to help her with all the issues she has gone through, but at the time, IMO she was a hot mess who was looking for others to help her deal with things. That is a lot of pressure to put on someone who you barely know and aren't even in a relationship with and pretty much emasculated on national TV. I can't blame Tyler for not wanting to do that, particularly after his mothers sudden death.

I hope Hannah feels better getting this off her chest and has grown. I hope therapy has helped, but from what I have seen and been reading, I am not that optimistic. I think she is still looking for validation from others and trying to shift blame. I don't see much acceptance of responsibility for her own part in the mess she helped create. In addition, her whole description of what went on with Alan just had me shaking my head. Again, she was expecting DWTS to help with her mental state and then blames him because he doesn't live up to this fantasy that she has of what the experience should be like.

This book will bring her more publicity and she will do a round of press, but I don't think that will really help her. My hope for her after this is to seek more therapy and sink back into a more private life. I doubt she will and the mess will continue.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleiby527 Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:33 am

I would recommend reading the actual book instead of recaps of it. I'm reading it now and in no way did I feel that Hannah was trying to shift responsibility off of herself. It's quite a good read.

Oh and in regards to pancreatic cancer, it's apparently much more survivable for children. That's something I recently learned after reading the section in Hannah's book about her childhood cancer. The prognosis is much better for children than it is for adults.

Bleiby527

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:41 am

@Bleiby527 I have been reading excerpts. Not interested in buying it or reading the whole thing. I've already had enough.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleiby527 Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:47 am

Fair enough. I will say that the excerpts in the articles I've seen are not nearly as complete as the chapters of the actual book. There's a lot of really interesting things in the book that have nothing to do with the Bachelor shows or DWTS, including her experiences with her murdered family members, cancer, her faith, and family dynamics. I haven't even gotten to the Bachelor sections yet and it's been fascinating.

Bleiby527

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:08 am

https://youtu.be/9t38o2BCKzw
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19214

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:44 am

@bluwavz Regardless of how you feel about Hannah, I encourage everyone to spend 15 minutes watching this. I haven't investigated the science or even gone to AmenClinics to learn more about this doctor but just thinking of Brain Health instead of Mental Illness is big. One of my sons took part in a Stanford University study where his brain was scanned doing all types of things. He was part of the control group - seemingly normal kids, which they then compared to kids with learning difficulties. There were noticeable differences in their brain scans, even to us who didn't know what we were looking at. His motivation was to earn a few bucks to spend as he wanted!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleiby527 Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:02 pm

FYI, Dr. Daniel Amen (the doctor imaging Hannah's brain) is considered to be a fraud/charlatan by many psychiatrists. I'm not saying he is as I don't have background in the area to make a judgment, but I would recommend Googling him to get a full picture and then make your own judgments.

Bleiby527

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:42 pm

@Bleiby527 I just finished the book and I agree. She's Hannah, warts and all, but IMHO, she takes responsibility for her part in all of what occurred. I still like her. My heart hurt through some of what she's gone through in her life. I still like her and she seems to have grown up a bit and is trying to move forward. The parts about Tyler are achingly sad to me.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:32 am

Hannah is Hannah and while she takes some responsibility there is still a lack of awareness, IMO. The sections about Jed, Peter, and Tyler are still Hannah's side and perceptions of what happened and since it's her book that's ok but it doesn't make it all facts. What bothers me most about what she says of Tyler is that at the time she had expectations from him without acknowledging or understanding the grief process that Tyler needed to go through after the sudden loss of his mom. He was and probably still is, not in a place to be in a relationship particularly during the quarantine timeframe when it was all so new and raw. I don't even care what Tyler did or said during that time as when someone is dealing with that shock and grief, they shouldn't be put in a situation to have relationship expectations placed on them and she probably had no business being in Florida during that time.
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:56 am

@Minney I agree. That's what made me so sad about Tyler. Probably UO but I think both of them still cared about each other a lot but did not have the communication skills to express that. He was in the grieving process, she was reeling from her brother's problems, the pandemic was going on...plus a whole house full of the "peanut gallery" to comment upon/second guess what the "relationship" was. They never stood a chance in that environment.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:56 am

Bleiby527 wrote:FYI,  Dr. Daniel Amen (the doctor imaging Hannah's brain) is considered to be a fraud/charlatan by many psychiatrists. I'm not saying he is as I don't have background in the area to make a judgment, but I would recommend Googling him to get a full picture and then make your own judgments.

Anytime a doctor has vitamins and other tinctures to peddle raises a red flag to me. Not that they can't be helpful but they come across as the ultimate influencer.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Hannah Brown & Adam Woolard - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

+14
Loulou
Amethyst
Billysmom
alwayscooking
Minney