SELECT CONTENT

The Courtship - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Courtship - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: The Courtship - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Sprite Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:06 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:She's awesome! No means no! Dr Botox won't give up but she's not having any of it. I missed it, what did he say to her on his way out?

That she is making a mistake. I knew I wouldn't like him. Narcissistic pr*ck!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

The Courtship - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: The Courtship - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:08 pm

Glad he's gone too. What an entitled attitude.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

"We have to understand the power of being kind" Zac Clark, "regardless of race, class or nationality." GA
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 67576

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:08 pm

Wow thanks everyone for the play by play. I can't wait until it airs in my time zone. so far twitter has been positive about this show.
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 3075

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:24 am

I liked that her parents and friends are staying with her. Her mom in particular seems so sweet. I'm not sure how a prospective engagement would work with the guys who are from far-flung places around the globe.

I spent a good part of my youth reading Regency romances, and learned a good bit about the era. The show only bears a glancing similarity to an accurate representation, but then again, it was never meant to do more than that. IMO the biggest historical error was in putting the lead into a red dress, which would never have happened for an unmarried woman back then (it would only have been white or pale pastels.) I'm not even sure that a married woman would have worn that. But I understood why they did it -- to make her stand out from the crowd. And as much as I loved the dresses, they were a little over the top in terms of decoration. Also, men's evening wear had switched over to black at that point in history. But I loved the costumes anyway! So much fun. They must have had a blast dressing up and enjoying a luxe life.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:42 am

@Amethyst thanks for your input and knowledge.

I read an article quickly last night while looking for something and it was similar to your comments, what they got right and what they didn't for that era.

I never really had any involvement or experience in reading anything much about that era. It's fascinating. We should have a fashion thread.

I will work on that in the next day or so.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

"We have to understand the power of being kind" Zac Clark, "regardless of race, class or nationality." GA
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:25 am

@Amethyst Thanks so much for the information. Very interesting indeed. I also tend to agree with you on the reasons why they did dress Nicole in a red dress so she could stand out, same for the gents as well. Either way I thought everyone looked so good. Loved the style and the fashion in general. The dresswear for the guys could make even the most jerk of a guy look respectable laugh out loud.
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 3075

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:41 am

I just checked my TV Guide to remind me if this was on 8pm or 9pm and it shows 7pm eastern!!!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:47 am

Tv says 8 pm. Remember day light savings LOL
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:57 am

@Jeepers that's strange. Everything else is the right time except this show.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:02 am

Are you in an area that does not change time?
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:05 am

@Jeepers no, we are now on DST. It's on now. Smiley

The guys look great in their outfits.

The host is a hoot.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:14 am

The gents are canoeing and the three that weren't with her decided to serenade her singing Row row row your boat. laugh out loud This show is so fun!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Courtship - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+6
suzq
Amethyst
chasus71
Sprite
Jeepers