SELECT CONTENT

The Real Love Boat AU - Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Real Love Boat AU -  Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Real Love Boat AU - Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:30 pm

That's terrific!

I will watch it tomorrow. I created a new Category for it, @Bobette so we could have a Viewing Link thread Here

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

The Real Love Boat AU -  Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Real Love Boat AU - Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Sprite Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:55 am

@Bobette Thank you so much for posting the link. I have been looking forward to seeing this show and I was not disappointed!

The premise is similar to the bachelor. People date, they give out tickets rather than roses, they travel, but as usual people from AU are a little more laid back and don't take themselves as seriously as the US shows do. I laughed numerous times, but also cringed a few times...although not necessarily in a bad way.

I am looking forward to seeing how exactly they work this. I did enjoy the speed dating as the method to decide which of the guys wouldn't make it on the show, although it wasn't exactly a surprise since they spilled the beans in the opening montage. Nevertheless, it was funny and awkward and I saw some possibilities.

I predict Moana as the villain. She and Dan knew each other from before the show and had dated. She wanted him and tried to appear as if it was no big deal that Naomi gave him her ticket, but I thought she was p*ssed. When she told Naomi they they had slept together, it was in the guise of better that she find out sooner rather than later, but IMO she was trying to sabotage Naomi. Then she interrupts them when they are talking. It's like she is marking her territory.

Tyler is a bit cringe. She is a bit OTT and clueless. She picked Dalton who is hot, but I think she was better suited with Josh. She does an ITM where she thinks they have chemistry, while in his  ITM he thinks they have none. Classic reality dating edit.

Moana picked the chef Paddy as her second choice after Dan. On their date they do a wine and food pairing. He loves it, but she is acting like an a**...I hate wine, OMG that was horrible, I don't eat seafood...all the while making ridiculous faces. Then when he asks about the history with Dan, she's acting like she doesn't know why people are talking about it, when she started the whole thing. UGH!

Meanwhile Sally and Jay, the single parents are hitting it off the charts hot and heavy in the massage room. The matchmakers think they have great potential because they understand one another, but I am thinking this might be too obvious and too much, too soon. There are new people to enter, so I wonder it some spanner will be thrown into the works.

The dates they showed were very quick and I hope that was because this was the opening episode and they had so much to cram in. I would like to see a little more of them getting to know one another in future episodes. A new person comes in next week. I can't wait to see how this goes! cheerleader

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:28 am

@Sprite I enjoyed it too.  

Getting straight into the action then introducing the cast in an ad hoc way made for a well paced episode.  I like Hannah, and Daniel the camp entertainment guy.  The spying/commentary is silly and fun, though it could get a bit naff over time.  

The cast is fairly diverse in regards to ethnicity and body type without feeling tokenistic.  Everyone seems pretty "average" in a good way - no one stood out as an exceptional catch.  Feels like watching normal people go on awkward public dates laugh out loud  

Hoping to see some real connections if they've put thought into casting for compatibility.  I was expecting Katie to be a fan favourite from the pre-show promos and episode 1 confirmed it for me.  I agree that Jay & Sally seems too much too soon.

Seems like it will be light and easy viewing but I'll be interested to see how it's received when it premieres on Wednesday. I'm fascinated that SHV got the episode so early with no explanation or fanfare.  Links to Ch 10 perhaps?  Hmmmm....
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:54 am

@Bobette Yeah that is a bit bizarre,  but I am glad they did. Now I will look forward to the US version and see how the two stack up. I wonder if the format will be similar? Will they have the tickets, speed dating, similar set up with the cruise director? I  wonder if they will show the US version there since they do get the American version of the Bachelor franchises.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:21 pm

Watched it, really liked it. Way better than AU Bach. Loved seeing more 'normal', unfiltered, kinda messy people? I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean Bach people were becoming way too polished and so clearly there for their image whereas these people don't seem like that at all and I love that, makes them so much more interesting to watch.

Really looking forward to seeing what happens when intruders enter.

I will eat my keyboard if Jay and Sally actually make it to the end. It's too much too soon.

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflylove Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:59 am

Just listened to Darren McMullen on The Project and he mentioned that there's 2 couples (that he knows of, who knows) that are still together.

I'm looking forward to watching it tonight, I managed to keep myself off SHV and away from temptation.
butterflylove
butterflylove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:31 am

@butterflylove Great, let us know your thoughts!

I get the feeling they've taken a leaf out of Beauty and the Geek's book with both the casting and promotion for this show.  More focus on compatibility and character and less on superficiality and drama.  Refreshing.

The Real Love Boat AU -  Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 2 JYk7dCX

Source

A handy visual aide for who's who in the zoo:

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:47 am

Some of these girls have private Instagrams but they need to surrendered them to Producers. All the contestants have been vetted.

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:45 am

The Real Love Boat exposes couple with secret sex history

this sounds so much more salacious than it really is

"A spicy new dating series has premiered on Channel 10 tonight, where one couple’s secret X-rated history was awkwardly exposed."

X-rated? Having had sex a handful of times in a FWB situation is 'X-rated'? Really now? Sounds like my dating history is suddenly incredibly thrilling and exciting then! And, 'exposed'? You mean when both the people involved basically immediately disclosed it? 'Journalism' is really not of a very high standard here. Also I personally thought it wasn't very spicy at all but in a good way, it was a pretty chill kind of show

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:53 am

@leavers - I agree, nothing but a desperate effort by a paid-by-the-word Murdoch journo trying to get views on her article with a misleading clickbait headline IMO.  

Take any two people in the same age bracket/social demographic in any AU capital city and the chances are they've either slept together or at least "seen each other round".  And yeah she literally said she knew him as soon as she saw him so hardly an earth-shattering exposé.

If that's the most "dirt" they were able to dig up this cast is looking pretty good and the casting department have seemingly done a much better job of background checks compared to the producers of the Bachelor.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:32 am

So I watched the US version tonight and based only on the first episode I prefer the Aussie. It seemed more genuine.

They started on the ship, so no speed dating or elimination before the cruise. I think they filmed both at the same time with slightly different crews and they also started off in Barcelona. It's the same ship and captain Pablo. Different bartender and cruise director...Matt is hot with gorgeous eyes and a sexy accent. They also have a $50,000 prize and cruise as a prize at the end for the winning couple. I would think that could encourage people to pair up simply to win the prizes, but then I can be a touch cynical.

I hope we can get the next episode early again. I am really looking forward to seeing it!

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:51 am

@Sprite Yes I agree they were filmed concurrently IMO.  Host Darren said on a podcast that there were 3500 passengers on board which makes sense - Channel 10 could certainly not afford to book out an entire cruiseship - so they would have had two production crews on the ship with the US/AU contestants and we'll see them stopping at all the same ports in the same order IMO.  Missed opportunity for some transcontinental US/AU couples!!

Disappointed Sportsbet haven't leaked the final couples already but I guess it shows the paps who usually sell the info to them weren't on board. The Real Love Boat AU -  Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 2 3806527698
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Real Love Boat AU - Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+3
Sprite
Bobette
GuardianAngel
7 posters
Permissions in this forum: