SELECT CONTENT

The Real Love Boat AU - Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Real Love Boat AU -  Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Real Love Boat AU - Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by leavers Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:26 am

Bobette wrote:@Sprite Yes I agree they were filmed concurrently IMO.  Host Darren said on a podcast that there were 3500 passengers on board which makes sense - Channel 10 could certainly not afford to book out an entire cruiseship - so they would have had two production crews on the ship with the US/AU contestants and we'll see them stopping at all the same ports in the same order IMO.  Missed opportunity for some transcontinental US/AU couples!!

Disappointed Sportsbet haven't leaked the final couples already but I guess it shows the paps who usually sell the info to them weren't on board.  The Real Love Boat AU -  Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 3 3806527698

oh interesting, does this mean the betting agencies actually don't have an inside production source?

the AU show sounds better but I'll have to see both to compare!
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

The Real Love Boat AU -  Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Real Love Boat AU - Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Enough Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:46 am

If there were paying customers, wouldn't you be piss off with all the filming going on. Maybe the cruise company is happy to have the cruise as a promotion for the cruise company and the production company dont have to pay

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:49 am

@Enough Yes I expect deals were done - why bother with chips and wine sponsors when you can just have one wealthy cruiseliner sponsor and promote them all season long laugh out loud

@Sprite How are you watching the US version?  Is it airing in Canada or do you use a VPN? I'd be tempted to watch both too, even if only to spot any cross-over sets or scenes.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:38 am

@Enough I think they have certain sections of the boat blocked off while filming so not to interfere with paying passengers as much as possible. Based on my past cruise experiences I bet it is the upper decks where not a ton of passengers go. They can get really windy and it was during the ceremony last night,  plus it was very plain. Also they can do some stuff while passengers are in port.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:41 am

@Bobette It airs in Canada. We get all the US stations. I was wondering if SHVideo will have it because they have had the US Bachelor shows in the past.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:50 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11298247/The-Real-Love-Boat-Cruise-passengers-say-filming-new-reality-series-ruined-holiday.html

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:48 am

It would be pretty awful to be a paying customer on a cruise not knowing at all that there were going to be film crews on there and having no choice or say in the matter.

Sad its getting bad ratings because I didn't think it was bad at all but I think maybe reality tv in Australia is just MAFS, The Block and apparently Farmer Wants a Wife and everything else seems to struggle a bit. Love Island also struggled with ratings. All three of those higher rated shows have a very similar look, tone and feel despite the different premise of each and maybe that's what appeals to the masses. I believe there are some crossover in producers on MAFS and FWAW.

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:27 pm

@leavers Yes, I am also disappointed in the ratings. I enjoyed it...certainly more than the last few seasons of the Bachelor/ette or BIP this season which has been horrible thus far.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:14 am

https://shvideos.net/2022/10/12/love-boat-1-2/

They are in Gibraltar (same as the US show). The host is a hoot during the intro.

Moana is giving shy Sari tips on how to flirt and Sari is taking notes! giggling

Cocktail party. Jay and Sally having a chat about how they approach relationships and getting along well.

Moana hanging with Dalton. Still likes Paddy, but wants to explore her options. Dalton is full of BS. He fibs about what Paddy said when he talked to him. She isn't happy about this and poor Paddy is miserable. Meanwhile Sari starts to relax and she and Paddy start having some fun.

Chris admits he is bi and Katie doesn't care. They seem to be hitting it off.

New single arrives...Chelsea a hairdresser. I am totally distracted by her eyebrows. Looks like she has feathers stuck above her eyes.

Dalton is drooling and she says he would be her pick just from what she sees. I am getting the vibe that Dalton is a player and can't keep it in his pants. He is literally hitting on Chelsea right in front of Moana who is trying to mark her territory. Desperate is not a good look!

So they seemingly never got off the ship at Gibraltar (unlike the US show which did a couples challenge there), and are now off to Marseille, France.

The captain is hosting the ladies to poke the bear, for dinner. They want the ladies to explain why they deserve one of the three destination dates or the upgrade suite. The guys are having cocktails to see where they stand.

As the ladies are pitching their guys...Sally/Jay, Katie/Chris, Tyler/Paddy, Chelsea/Dalton, Sari/Paddy, Naomi/Danielle, Moana hears that Paddy did tell several of them that he was interested in her and maybe Dalton fudged the truth to get her for himself. Instead of getting p*ssed off that he may have lied to her, she gets ticked off because the women are interrupting her to tell her. Rolling Eyes She starts crying and goes off to bed. The rest of the ladies join the guys and they notice she is missing.

Dates go to Sally/Jay, Katie/Chris, Chelsea/Dalton.

Luxury suite goes to Naomi/Dan...they go to check it out. She'd like a cuddle and a kiss. Apparently he obliged if her squealing and jumping around are any indication.

Tomorrow one girl goes home.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:33 am

The morning after the luxury suite, Dan says they talked about what they wanted in a relationship on the boat and after. They are on the same page. They kissed, but slept apart. Thank goodness.

While the dates are happening, Sari, Tyler and Moana are trying to impress Paddy. They all were interested in him. He says he has chemistry with Moana and likes Sari, but doesn't know Tyler much.

Sally/Jay are in the vineyard stomping grapes with their dirty feet. Yuck, thankfully doesn't look like they will be drinking it. Some kissing in the barrel. They chat afterwards and he serenades her with his guitar. More kissing.

Katie and Chris are taking in the historic sights. He says they get along effortlessly, but he wants to see if there is chemistry. (I don't see it and I don't think they do either.) They get caricatures drawn of them. This is not as romantic a date as Sally/Jay. They check out the drawings and then he goes in for a rather awkward kiss. It feels like they are forcing it.

Chelsea/Dalton are getting tarot cards read at the marina. She is told she is looking for someone to share life with, but should find out the full details of the situation. (Hint...That he is a liar.) When he comes back he is told that he needs to master his sexual desire. (Shocking...not!) He figures he has to decide between Chelsea and Moana. He is such a liar. In his ITM he says he doesn't believe in the tarot cards, but she does and when she asks what he thought...cool. She thinks he is open and that was a game changer. Silly woman.

Meanwhile, Moana pulls Paddy to figure out what is going on. He tells her the truth and that Dalton lied to make himself look better. She is going on that she doesn't know who to believe and he tells her she will have to figure it out. Paddy is a smart one. He says he thought they had a connection, but she constantly surrounds herself with drama and that is not what he wants. She is too high maintenance and that is not for him. You go Paddy!!!

Josh knows he has zero connection with Tyler and trying to figure out who to go with. Dan and Naomi are advising him...plan a (Tyler), b (Chelsea) or c (Sari). I think his best bet is Sari, but we shall see. Dalton gets ticked off that Josh is considering Chelsea and tells him he can't just do that but Josh is...but I can! Dalton says if she is off the table he will probably just leave since he isn't feeling it with any of the other women.

Ladies are catching up on the dates and naturally Moana is continuing her drama. The Real Love Boat AU -  Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 3 2622943811 They are over it...particularly Sari. Moana goes off to question Dalton and he says he was telling the truth. They call Paddy. Dalton doubles down. Paddy denies and is getting frustrated. He says he already told her. He wanted a relaxing day getting to know Sari and Moana made it all about her. She is being a drama queen and is all p*ssy. Dalton is standing there laughing and enjoying this. He is such an a**. These two deserve one another.

First elimination ceremony. Sari thrown Moana under the bus and naturally there are tears. Moana has absolutely no idea why this is happening!

Daniel again picks Naomi
Jay again picks Sally
Chris would like a second date with Katie
Paddy picks Tylor (I think Sari's outburst at the end nixed him picking her. He really does not like drama!)
Josh picks Chelsea just to p*ss off Dalton rofl She isn't happy. Not sure if she can decline? Dalton says enjoy your time with her Josh, because she'll be back with me.
Dalton picks Moana...made for each other.

Next time...Genoa, Italy. Two new male arrivals. Looks like Naomi, gets picked by one and it's the men's turn to fight for a destination date. Looks like three want Chelsea and she may have one date after another. Should be interesting.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:10 am

Soooo I've watched more, I'm up to Ep 4 now. Yeah I see why its meagre ratings on night one are only going down. I really had great hope that this show would be an exception to the norm. That it'd be sincere. But it's not. It's still all frankenbiting and manufactured fake drama, just with less hot people than usual. Also apparently are still together, so good for them I guess. Something good had to come out of it.

I did a social media search and it's tanking even worse on social media, with almost no tweets actually about the content, they're mostly about how bad the show is and how people are super duper done with fake reality drama.

I mean, it doesn't really explain why MAFS, the Block and FWAW all rate well though, because they're all full of fake drama. I guess The Block goes with the Australian obsession with real estate and renovation.

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:55 am

Ah that's a shame. I haven't watched past episode 1 - busy week - but will try to catch up today/tomorrow so I can join in the disappointment laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Real Love Boat AU - Season 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+3
Sprite
Bobette
GuardianAngel
7 posters
Permissions in this forum: