SELECT CONTENT

Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #9

Page 49 of 50 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #9 - Page 49 Empty Re: Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #9

Post by Shelby Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:38 pm

Amberish wrote:
Shelby wrote:sadly we need more friends of the lead and contestants

each and every time a (real) friend posted something here, everyone just calmed miraculously down and were very polite.

first hand information is all what we crave here and it is sad that we do not have more in order to have a more peaceful place.

lawla: THANK YOU to do not give up on us.

Very polite?

Sure, artificially, for a minute. in hopes of that person is actually who he or she is represented to be, which usually doesn't pan out. Meanwhile that person is bombarded with PMs --- which is a good thing for the more experienced and insightful members shake out the truth in private discussion.

we can turn off the private messages.

oh well... perfect world is named HEAVEN. I am not ready to go there yet so I assume that I will continue to use my foe button Hugesmile

One daily click generates .6 bowls of food at The Animal Rescue Site

"Reality television frequently portrays a modified (...) day-to-day life, at times utilizing sensationalism to attract audience viewers and increase advertising revenue. Participants are often placed in exotic locations or abnormal situations, and are often persuaded to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment television producers" with the portrayal of events and speech manipulated and contrived to create an illusion of reality through direction and post-production editing techniques." ~ Wikipedia

Shelby

Female Posts : 3826

Back to top Go down

Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #9 - Page 49 Empty Re: Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #9

Post by nutty1 Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:46 pm

I tweeted Millsy last night, but he didn't answer me. They probably have an astericks next to my name-----> IGNORE THIS PERSON!!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:51 pm

I think the problem is that some take things too seriously. They defend these characters like they are their family and close friends. They get set off by the littlest thing and can't understand the concept of snark. That in turn causes them to be upset and bite back at the posters who said things they didn't like. If people could realize this and discover the wonder that is the foe button there would probably be less problems. Also, it's always best to take a minute, count to 30 and decide if responding is really the best thing to do if someone upsets you. That's saved me lots of trouble through the years.

In all honesty, the over the top fangirling is what has made me lose interest in posting much this season. I've never remembered it being quite this bad with the exception of Jill's season and even then there was still some good times.

Again, I want to reiterate that it isn't everyone who is doing this. There are some who are and that's what is annoying.

Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #9 - Page 49 87b72b10 Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #9 - Page 49 86669110 Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #9 - Page 49 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:11 pm

https://twitter.com/#!/cassielambert/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FFlO6dorK

See the Peace sign by the 'A'- I like it #teamjef giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by shoepie Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Pattycake92 wrote:The MTA is not on schedule yet either. Tickets have been auctioned off for the ATFR. They are getting free press from Tabloids saying that Brad will be at ATFR. The bachelorette is their highest rated summer show right now. No way they will pass up the ATFR. BTW, gossip cop has gone on record about the ATFR.

http://www.gossipcop.com/emily-maynard-brad-womack-reunion-after-the-final-rose-reuniting-bachelorette-finale/

There will be an after show. I think it will be in the FRC time slot because of a change in format. Not scheduling it creates buzz and that is just what they want. Luckily the mistake tweet and Sean telling RS his F3 info is wrong alterted us to a change that will be hyped in the preview for meet Emily's parents/LCD episode. This is my guess. I think Emily nixed the formal podium scene, not wanting to put Sean throught that she dismissed him earlier. Just speculation.
shoepie
shoepie

Female Posts : 2306

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Here In Ohio Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:42 pm

umngirl wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
northernviewer wrote:Since when has it become almost a freakin crime on this board to snark a contestant?? Gotta say this board is going down hill thanks to all the self righteous fangirls.... I'm totally pissed that this board is being taken over by the likes! Want a Jef fanclub.... go start one.... and ban all those who don't worship at his alter......but while on this board... how about ignore what you don't like and save your lectures for your kids!!

EXACTLY! That why I rarely post anymore, I have thick skin I was a pro Courtney girl when people post something you don't like about a contestant you don't know or who you have spent a couple hours with doesn't make it a life or death situation, it just getting ridiculous .....Oh and by the way I dislike the Emily and Jef coupling one of the most boring uninteresting couple to date...Wow that felt great an I also think they are both fake!

Cosign to everything you said.

:claphands :claphands I sure do miss reading all the great sleuthers with their edit, S/C comparisons, picture placements ect.. I have not seen alot of those things here at all in the last few weeks. I do not even sit on here for HOURS at a time anymore. I check in on a few threads and leave. You can only read the same thing worded different so many times anf then it becomes boring..

Just Here In Ohio

Female Posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:53 pm

Just Here In Ohio wrote:
umngirl wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
northernviewer wrote:Since when has it become almost a freakin crime on this board to snark a contestant?? Gotta say this board is going down hill thanks to all the self righteous fangirls.... I'm totally pissed that this board is being taken over by the likes! Want a Jef fanclub.... go start one.... and ban all those who don't worship at his alter......but while on this board... how about ignore what you don't like and save your lectures for your kids!!

EXACTLY! That why I rarely post anymore, I have thick skin I was a pro Courtney girl when people post something you don't like about a contestant you don't know or who you have spent a couple hours with doesn't make it a life or death situation, it just getting ridiculous .....Oh and by the way I dislike the Emily and Jef coupling one of the most boring uninteresting couple to date...Wow that felt great an I also think they are both fake!

Cosign to everything you said.

:claphands :claphands I sure do miss reading all the great sleuthers with their edit, S/C comparisons, picture placements ect.. I have not seen alot of those things here at all in the last few weeks. I do not even sit on here for HOURS at a time anymore. I check in on a few threads and leave. You can only read the same thing worded different so many times anf then it becomes boring..

I think part of the issue is there is nothing to slueth, so we speculate why we don't have any SCs of the LCDs or FRC. I am hoping we get something new tomorrow night that we can slueth.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:57 pm

I have come to the conclusion the FR was a closed set with only mandatory film crew allowed. I think Fleiss wants to keep one season's ending unspoiled..good job so far as no one seems to reallly know how it all goes down. yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:53 pm

sushifan wrote:It does indeed sound like they are not doing an ATFR this season. Ahem. :Smiley:

Guess we'll see what happens!

Thanks! giggling

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:59 pm

northernviewer wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:

Lots of regulars aren't posting this season due to it. I've gotten some pm's from people who just can't be bothered this season do to the spoiled F1 fan crap. Some of us are trying to get this board back to the way it was in the beginning, and it was awesome that first season! Are we all going to agree every season? not a chance, but for those of us that are here for the long haul, know that some seasons you agree with certain posters, other seasons you're on somebody else's "team", its the way of the boards. I know I look at posters names and if it's a vet, I try to give them a lot more respect and either ignore the comment or try to be as diplomatic in my reply as I can. For me, this isn't just about who Emily chooses as F1 and who she rejects... it's about being a member of this board, and keeping it the way it should be, a sleuthing site first and foremost (and a place to snark on a contestant or lead, whichever ones we don't care fo)r. How can this be accomplished when people try to bring up a point and "fans" take it as a personal affront.

High clap
I didn't know what to bold first, so I bolded it all.
Thank you! bestbud!
I just don't get it --this picking a favorite, but I can respect it. Just like others can respect me not picking a favorite and having open season on all for snark. The tail wags both ways.
DO I want to vomit when I read fan posting and gushing...you betcha--just like people want to gag when I hit the boundaries of snarking. So be it. But it's all ok! It is.
The greatest thing is--we can skip posts we don't like. No one forces us to read what we don't choose. Just do it! (As Nike says) giggling

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronwyn Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:03 pm

I just always figured any paps showing up at the FRC was at Fleiss's invitation, and the release of the pics to whatever mag usually publishes them the week or so before the finale was all part of his doing.

Reading this back it sounds so off topic. Sorry about that.

Bronwyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:11 pm

shoepie wrote:
nanab wrote:I want to pose a serious question and not make anyone mad cause I don't intend it in an offensive way to anyone. The other day I followed one of the threads where alot of the veterans talked for about 10 pages about how nice it was that they were all talking like old times. They didn't talk about the bach, just about how nice it was they were all talking nicely with one another. Several commented that the newbies have really taken away their enjoyment of the board. Some might sincerely have meant fangirlism, but I got the impression it was more the idea of having lots of new people coming to the board, and there was resentment that it wasn't the same as it was when they first moved here from FORT. This is a completely normal human reaction to letting outsiders in and most of us can relate to that experience at some point in our lives. Is it really the great Arie / Jef fan divide, or is it the veterans/ newbies divide? I am totally sincere that I am not snarking or being mean-spirited, but just feel maybe it is a conversation that should be had, or at least something that should be thought about. Back to the bach!

I have been around since FORT and a veteran. There was so much strife there, the board refused to host a spoiler section! That signaled the birth of this site. Just ignore this nonsense and keep moving. Everyone is welcome here. Any discussion on this topic is not going to be good!

The action at FORT finally deciding not to have a spoiler section was mostly as the result of what is now going on here.
There were a group of members many who had been around a long time, but also new members interested primarily in sleuthing and snarking. Simultaneously there was a great influx of new members joining in discussion with the Bachelor threads and many were on fan teams. The fanism got out of control, as they could not deal with ideas that ran contradictory to their team or snark that painted their team in a disparaging light. Meanwhile, the snarky got snarkier and a lot of sleuthing went underground.
The mods at FORT dealt with the issue with mass infractions and finally banning when that did not work. Then the mods just figured the heck with it, they didn't need the hassle the spoilers created for them--and poof.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 50 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Thread #9

+112
umngirl
sushifan
luvlady345
Thomigirl
northernviewer