SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Discussion - Thread #4

Page 2 of 49 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Discussion - Thread #4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 8 - Media - Discussion - Thread #4

Post by JBF Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:42 pm

The business of Sean being closed off suggests that HE might be the final guy... a.k.a. Ryan Sutter and other past finalists being less open discussing their dates.

Yet, if Sean is actually final one, we would have a better developed story on screen. We see him without his shirt too many times, hinting that he's still "on the market" for female viewers to oggle. Emily has no conflict with him at all it appears... also not typical. At least Ashley would be "worried about JP". His 1 on 1 meeting on night #1 was cut short and his intro was merely as "extra" on the Warner site. They even appear to be setting him up for some kind of fall in Croatia with Chris winning the trophy and rose despite being ridiculed for his weak performance. Emily praises Sean for his (including breaking a log) with less "awe" than the guys, who obviously were all star struck.

My vibe with Arie is that we are getting great drama with him down the road and they need to build up viewer support so that it doesn't come off as a cheesy stunt for next Bachelor. If Roberto is still in the running, this won't even be an issue. Then again, Arie's frequent criticisms of "Bachelor wannabee" Ryan Bowers reminded me just a little too much of Ben Flajnik chewing another Ryan... and Jake Pavelka being critical twice of Reid on screen...
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Discussion - Thread #4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 8 - Media - Discussion - Thread #4

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:49 pm

The Digital Spy interview is where Jef talks about Sean as "the vault":

"Yeah, pretty much all of the guys except Sean. We would come back from the dates and we would all talk about it and it was kind of just like a guessing game, we'd all ask questions and try to figure out what happened on their date and if they kissed or if they developed a good chemistry. And all the guys except Sean would talk about it. Sean was just a locked vault - he would never talk about anything that happened on his date with Emily."

Either Sean is:

(a) a private personality overall
(b) F1 (like Ryan Sutter)
(c) smart and living by the adage, "least said, soonest mended" i.e. the less you say, the less the fallout for your own heart/Emily's reputation/speculation/ gossip, etc.

I vote (a) and/or (c).

Interesting season.

Last edited by exfortis on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:03 pm

Maybe I'm overanalyzing (from Jef's complete transcript, thank you Love :Smiley: ......

1. Jef says when asked if "the good guy" can win these kinds of shows, "And I definitely think it's possible for the - for a good guy to go all the way. Yes."

I found it interesting that he changes the article from "the good guy" to "a good guy." As if he was thinking of himself as "the good guy" (specific) and then went, oh wait, I need to talk about ANY good guy can win this type of show.

2. On the Arie/Cassie thing: "I didn't find out until after I had gotten home." Either he found out from Emily (and he's F1) or he found out from Arie, who was ultimately confronted by Emily later on and dumped (and Jef is still F1), or Arie is F1 and it became a non-issue for Emily.

3. People Mag/Carrie Bell asks him who he would pick for Emily if not himself, and the tense of the response is interesting: "And that's a tough - that's a tough question to answer. Because I don't know. I mean, I was crazy about Emily. And it's hard to picture someone you're crazy about being with somebody else, especially, you know, some of your friends."

Is he just thinking that itm, he WAS crazy about her then and still is now? Or is it over? hmmm

"Well, I think Arie, I think the world of Arie. I think he's a great guy. Sean is so nice. And, you know, and really faithful and just a really nice, genuine guy... And I didn't really get to see a lot of - I didn't get to see them interact, you know, personally."

High praise for the other two finalists. Later on, he talks about "I have strong feelings for Emily.... At this point, in Croatia, I could see myself fitting into the role of being a father to Ricki ..."

He's a very cautious speaker, imho.

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:51 pm

You have to over-analyze here in order to get your stripes. Ha ha! Or, as Mister Rosenthal described it in Jillie's season, "over-analyze and analyze perfectly"

Bottom line, Emily is way too happy in her interviews to be single. Even if she simply viewed it as a happy experience with no "prize" at the end, I don't think she would grin as much as she does with all of the "you'll just have to wait and see" talk.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by lavenderred Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Great insights, exfortis! :Clap:

And welcome to the board. welcomeyall
lavenderred
lavenderred

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:46 pm

JBF

What did you think about the questions to Jef in his interview about Arie's fiancé joke and if he thought his relationship with Arie would be Akward if Arie & Emily were to get married? I found his responses to be odd so I was curious to see what you thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattina Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:21 pm

Look who's expressing interest in being the next Bachelorette....there is a poll at People.com

Cheryl Burke Wants to Be The Bachelorette

From the ballroom to The Bachelorette?

Dancing with the Stars pro (and two-time champ) Cheryl Burke says she'd like to be in charge of handing out roses on ABC's hit dating show.

"My dating record hasn't been great the past couple of years so if I have a chance to go on [The Bachelorette] I will," Burke, 28, told PEOPLE ay Wednesday's 2012 NHL Awards at Wynn Las Vegas. "I'm getting old, you know, so it's something of interest to me."

Burke, who most recently danced all the way to the DWTS finale with heartthrob William Levy, said she's naturally a shy person, so it's difficult for her to meet men to date. And that's where Chris Harrison and the producers of The Bachelorette would come into play.

"It would be fun to have a pool of guys around you and getting to know someone," she says. "I think if I had people setting me up with different guys I think it would be easier for me to meet someone to date."

Reminded that she is often surrounded by eligible men at events like the NHL Awards, Burke says, "I'll be standing a corner, not approaching anybody. I'm that girl."
Tattina
Tattina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:21 am

Thanks, lavenderred! bestbud!

I must say the Fleissmeister has used social media to GREAT effect this season!

Back to top Go down

Post by 59hawaii Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:55 am

JBF wrote:Just for fun and compare/contrast with above... this followed episode #6 in Ashley's season.